SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Quick. Did anybody post anything offensive is this thread that may have been deleted? Oh wait, to delete the offensive material, the entire thread would have to go...

Edit: I forgot... "Mah posts!!!!"

Edited by LagJanson

17 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Wait my EZ isn't the top of page 100 any more? Did some posts get modded?

Mods, are you really there?

And do you hear and answer every poster's prayer?

They are just messing with you. That ‚EZ‘ was too perfect to allow it.

1 hour ago, Brunas said:

Wait my EZ isn't the top of page 100 any more? Did some posts get modded?

Mods, are you really there?

And do you hear and answer every poster's prayer?

someone paid Brent $1 to mod the posts

Firstly, I agree. I am not sure what too but it must be said :D

But secondly, When you guys were talking about the change to the First Order Vanguard title, the change was actually for Zuckuss crew specifically and they just used FOV as the example. Previously Zuckuss could shut off the title by just forcing a single die re-roll which obviously made the title useless in these games. So they changed Zuckuss to not prevent the other dice being re-rolled with the title (aka Han).

But unfortunately because this change was specifically in regards to how Zuckuss interacted with the opponents dice it means that you still can't FOV after palping your own results :( as it was your choice to modify your dice and you are the one preventing the re-roll not Zuckuss :(. It is a bummer that one.

Precedent. All of the other similar interactions discussed while not specifically mentioned in the FAQ would use the same logic.

Palps specifically states the changed dice can no longer be modified and rerolls are a modification. So the relevant portion of the FAQ is the reference to "all" dice confirming that it refers not literally to all dice but rather to all dice that are eligible.

Except that the modifications are under Zuckuss specifically and how he interacts with opponents dice. If it was meant to be a general change then they would have either 1) FAQ'ed the title or 2) Put it in the general rules section. This was specifically about how Zuckuss's modifications affect the other players choices. Previously he was removing their agency (Did I do that right :D) but now he can't stop them from choosing to do it on other dice.

27 minutes ago, thelogicdump said:

Except that the modifications are under Zuckuss specifically and how he interacts with opponents dice. If it was meant to be a general change then they would have either 1) FAQ'ed the title or 2) Put it in the general rules section. This was specifically about how Zuckuss's modifications affect the other players choices. Previously he was removing their agency (Did I do that right :D) but now he can't stop them from choosing to do it on other dice.

I think this falls into the category of “precedent” now, yes it is in the entry for Zuckuss but other similar instances can be treated similarly unless individually called out.  We have the “can’t be rerolled twice” rule in the general rules, and now we have Han for offence and Zuckuss for defense on how to deal with a situation that calls for multiple rerolls.

To quote THEZACKMATHEWSCAROLINAKRAYTSPODCAST, there are two types of people in the world: those that can extrapolate from incomplete data...

Edited by AEIllingworth