SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

7 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

I've been tempted by your EU list for Calgary regional. but I have way too many regional considerations to fly... and its on the 13th with the final list submission Thursday night. We do seem to like similar builds so I'm very curious... I do love me some Rey. The Poe is solid too. 

For my practice I haven't seen a lot of boats....

Miranda Nym (x2)

Dash Poe (x2)

Fenn Dalan + 1

Assaj/Nym

QDnu3

are the ones I've seen quite a bit of. Trajectory Nym I finally started figuring out yesterday, I'm not too worried about QDnu3...but Assaj always throws up on my plans and annihilates me. shadowcasters are my krypotnite. 

Whatever you're playing, I'd highly recommend trying to get some practice in against wookies, B/SFs, gunboats and some of the Fenn-Ezra/Ace/Support lists we've seen. 

I know we covered this already a few pages ago....but it was raised on the latest cast and I think its worth highlighting as clearly as possible. 

X-Wing reaches optimal quantities of fun when the best competitive lists in each faction are legit arc dependent builds.

Looking over Meta-Wing Archetypes that fit that description currently: 

Imperial ( Inside Top 30 )

• Quickdraw/Nu/Nu/Nu
  • Kylo/Rho/Rho
  • Vader/Quickdraw/Sabacc
  • Vader/Quickdraw/Nu
  • Triple Defenders
  • Quickdraw/Inquistor/Yorr
  • Quickdraw/Inquistor/Omega Leader
  • Quickdraw/Backdraft/Nu
  • Vader/Quickdraw/Scimitar 

Scum: ( Inside Top 50 ) 

• Fenn/Talonbane/Thweek???

Rebel: ( Inside Top 60 )

• Poe/Wedge/Fenn
  • Poe/Wes/Fenn

The Imperial stuff is almost entirely attributable to the existence of Harpoons & Cruise missiles. Without those two cards the only arc dependent lists that cracks the Top 50 for Imperials would probably be Trip Defenders & Duncan's List....maybe include @Biophysical QD/BD/Soontir or QD/BD/Inquistor type stuff?  There is lots of other Rebel/Scum stuff near the top of the pile but none of it is arc dependent for the most part. The represented rebel lists will change slightly thanks to Mike Jones ( Hero of the Resistance ) and his Poe/Norra Regen list ( watching him take down Kanan was unbelievable awesome ) and I think a couple dedicated people pushed a PS11 Poe/Wes list into a few cuts. Still I don't see either of those lists becoming consistently represented on top tables due to their chip away at stuff damage output. Though Norra can hit like a truck from time to time its only one truck. 

So to wrap up my rambling state of the "Arc Only" Game summary: 

For Rebels...

• I keep messing with Poe/Wes or Wedge/Fenn and I cant help but feel like its just bad. 
  • Its fun and decently good yes but also bad. It flat out can't do enough damage against most scary things and doesnt have Regen to make up for the low dmg output. 
  • If A-Wings could take a zero point Extra Munitions and X-Wings had a Harpoon Torpedo equivalent my opinion would immediately change. 
  • End of the day though Regen ultimately is a bit of a problem
  • They dealt with Biggs which is great but as long as Regen exists FFG has to limit Rebel Astromech ships capabilities  
  • Another Red Core Box set card limiting the Rebel factions gameplay potential...thanks for nothing R2D2...ya plot armor enabling tin can. Is it ok for us to hate R2D2? 

For Scum...

• I have had decent success with Mindlink Fenn + Mindlink Adv Sensors Guri + Harpoon Torani but its definitely more of a kit tournament type thing.  
  • As are Fenn/PS11 Talonbane/PS10 Torani or Fenn/2xKimogilia 
  • They win some games rather easily thanks to Harpoons....but ultimately it still makes more logical sense just to run Paratanni variants in nearly 100% of cases. 
  • I think we can all agree that Talonbane is genuinely bad thanks to his 2 green dice
  • Torani is actually pretty good offensively thanks to reload but dies so quickly it ultimately doesnt matter. 

No rest until BB8 Poe/PTL Jake/FAA Wedge is the best Rebel List. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Haven’t finished the latest (honestly just started considering the usual 15 minutes of pre content banter lol), but are we an upgrade that fixes primary attacks for 2-3 attack primary arc jousters away from xwing heaven?

I mean, there are still some things that are degen... err... wholesome in such a case, but man, if reload Harpoons (as much as I hate them because of the convoluted condition card) can be as much of a thing as they are, who’s to say an intensity-like “flip this after you attack” title for all ships with 2-3 attack dice that gave them plus one attack die every other shot wouldn’t actually give us even more beautiful xwing where arcs matter?

3 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Haven’t finished the latest (honestly just started considering the usual 15 minutes of pre content banter lol), but are we an upgrade that fixes primary attacks for 2-3 attack primary arc jousters away from xwing heaven?

I mean, there are still some things that are degen... err... wholesome in such a case, but man, if reload Harpoons (as much as I hate them because of the convoluted condition card) can be as much of a thing as they are, who’s to say an intensity-like “flip this after you attack” title for all ships with 2-3 attack dice that gave them plus one attack die every other shot wouldn’t actually give us even more beautiful xwing where arcs matter?

R2-D2 Wedge is happy, and to some extent, Corran Horn.

Keep in mind that "arcs being relevant again" is also because of SLAM.  Gunboats can actually keep pressure on Engine Upgrade Large turreted ships, which not many other Small ships whose arcs matter can do.

Also, I'm pretty disappointed that that fighter-analog post wasn't split into one-post-per-pic.  Dunno how this idiotic thread catches the Gunboat thread with poor play of that magnitude.

Edited by Jeff Wilder

2 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

yea, the mustang being the T65 made me cry...

I hesitate to compare any of them to be honest, especially the A-10.

So many of these are such cool aircraft with such ridiculous history on their own that they defy comparisons but its fun either way.  

Always felt like the movie version of the T-65 was basically a P-51.

1 hour ago, chervorlovesu said:

I need to know the 107 point list. Tell me now. Legendary champion we all deserve. A true krayt.

It was me, at 108. My full list was-

Quickdraw (VI, FCS, Optics,LWF, Title, Emperor Palpatine)

Rho Squadron Veteran (HLC, Crack Shot, Linked Batteries, LRS, XG-1)

I wrote it on my sheet. I had the cards on the table, albeit in a pile.

Edited by Kaptin Krunch
muh optics!

1 minute ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Quickdraw (VI, FCS, LWF, Title, Emperor Palpatine)

**** post nerf palp. Strong.

4 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

In a list with no crew slots even.  Did you even use Palpatine?

7 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

palp on QD is beautiful lol 

So last Friday I painted a Kimo like the Enforcer art to make it easier for myself to track which one has the title.

After today's episode I too had to read the card text again. :D G*ddamnit FFG.

Edited by Polda

33 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

If it doesn't have an HLC that doesn't convert crits to hits, and if it doesn't have an always on front and rear arc reinforce, it's really not an A10.

So is a glitterstim autothrusters aggressor the A10?