SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

If I recall Rasta Maice in the uk won a 35 player event with Han wedge and a 10 point bid. 

New Squadron

(52) Wedge Antilles
(6) R2-D2
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(6) Afterburners
(2) Trick Shot
(12) Proton Torpedoes
Points 78

(82) Han Solo
(2) Lando Calrissian
(2) Leia Organa
(7) Hotshot Gunner
(4) Rigged Cargo Chute
(7) Engine Upgrade
(2) Trick Shot
(6) Millennium Falcon
Points 112

Total points: 190

Should we be concerned about fat Han? I haven't seen one die yet since the points update, not every game has been won but Han has really never been in any kind of real danger. R2 crew, Leia crew, engine upgrade, and his pilot ability and all the rerolls from like the Falcon title seem to leave him very much invincible if your entire 200 points list isn't on the board.

Just now, SnooSnarry said:

Should we be concerned about fat Han? I haven't seen one die yet since the points update, not every game has been won but Han has really never been in any kind of real danger. R2 crew, Leia crew, engine upgrade, and his pilot ability and all the rerolls from like the Falcon title seem to leave him very much invincible if your entire 200 points list isn't on the board.

Yes, Han should be on everyone's radar.

Or if you ask extended fan bois, only wedge is any good. REE.

36 minutes ago, SnooSnarry said:

The Rebel Falcon can be crazy tanky for not even that expensive. Almost (almost) makes me want to bring proton torpedoes.

But is it a matchup thing? Your 3x 3-dice lists or especially 2x 3-dice plus support (eg: Boba/Fenn/L3; Torpless Trench Run, etc) having a harder time putting damage into it than maybe other things?

RAC with Inqy* is clutch. I just need way more practice with big bases.

*Grand Inquisitor; terrible attempt at getting cute with a nickname

Edited by impspy

4 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Now thinking about it: the TAP is probably the most disappointing ship to me in 2.0. Everything else is either at least ok, or I do not care the tiniest bit. 

TAP, Gunboat, Aggressor are pretty much tied for me; Gunboat hurts worst cause I started playing right when they were released and had a blast flying them in 1.0.

10 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Now thinking about it: the TAP is probably the most disappointing ship to me in 2.0. Everything else is either at least ok, or I do not care the tiniest bit. 

Not sure its worth the 51 pts, but Baron with Squad Leader and Advanced Sensors might be fun to toss in a list.

Just now, Hiemfire said:

Not sure its worth the 51 pts, but Baron with Squad Leader and Advanced Sensors might be fun to toss in a list.

I'm more looking at Grand Inquisitor with FCS for 58. Is he that bad?

It's still a very maneuverable i5 with blue 1hards and 2 force, who at worst gets 3attack dice every turn?

1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

It's still a very maneuverable i5 with blue 1hards and 2 force, who at worst gets 3attack dice every turn?

With as addicted as people are to pre-maneuver repositioning, Super Nat costing 24 on him, and him not being able to burn force to perform his entire action bar? I'd run him If I had the mini, but I'm weird.

6 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

It's not that he's bad, he's just not worth the points.

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

With as addicted as people are to pre-maneuver repositioning, Super Nat costing 24 on him, and him not being able to burn force to perform his entire action bar? I'd run him If I had the mini, but I'm weird.

Gotta wait for the "Rebels" wave that breaks the meta :P

Edited by impspy

19 hours ago, Ablazoned said:

To me, it seems like that's pretty easy to say if you already have an invite and/or good performances behind you.  I'm still hungry.

18 hours ago, Brunas said:

If it makes you feel better, I was always a nihilist.  Now I just look like a jerk saying worlds isn't a huge deal and you should enjoy the events you're at, with worlds being a potential perk.

I'm in the position that I've never won anything big, and I want to, but I was also always was flying my own thing.  I always wondered if results would have been different if I played meta lists I didn't enjoy, but at the same time, I enjoyed every big and small tournament I played in, even the competitive events in the worst of 1.0 ****.