SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Will FFG address the issue of generics being subpar in the upcoming change?

Looking at the conversion rates, generic strikers are hanging out at 0%.

Why would you pay 38 for a Black Squadron Scout when 4 more points gets you Duchess? Why would the BSS cost 4 over the (overpriced) Sentinel? 2 init for 4 is crap, especially since any I under 5 is the same.

The Ace Centric meta needs to go.

10 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Why would you pay 38 for a Black Squadron Scout when 4 more points gets you Duchess? Why would the BSS cost 4 over the (overpriced) Sentinel? 2 init for 4 is crap, especially since any I under 5 is the same.

Yeah pretty much this is what I’m really looking to see, we know they are probably gonna adjust the bad chassis’s and the overpowered ones....but will they adjust generic pilots...I hope so

On 12/31/2018 at 11:56 AM, TheOz said:

Yeah pretty much this is what I’m really looking to see, we know they are probably gonna adjust the bad chassis’s and the overpowered ones....but will they adjust generic pilots...I hope so

The saddest tale is the Black Squadron Scout. Paying an outrageous 4 extra points over the already overcosted chassis, the Black Squadron Scout gains 2 initiative. In a TIE fighter, he would have gained the title "Ace". But since actual aces, the vast majority of the meta, are I5+, that initiative does nothing. He has been hammered down by Aceism.

Sentinels at 30, Scouts at 32.

Edited by FFGSysops
Inappropriate and off-topic

25 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

The saddest tale is the Black Squadron Scout. Paying an outrageous 4 extra points over the already overcosted chassis, the Black Squadron Scout gains 2 initiative. In a TIE fighter, he would have gained the title "Ace". But since actual aces, the vast majority of the meta, are I5+, that initiative does nothing. He has been hammered down by Aceism.

BLACK SQUADRON LIVES MATTER

Sentinels at 30, Scouts at 32.

Strikers are costed appropriately, change my mind.

Strikers are not the same filler ship in 2nd edition that they were in first, you're paying for the bomb and gunner slot now. 

Also sentinels at 30 and scouts at 32 means 6 strikers on the board, you wanna break hyperspace, cause that’s how you break hyperspace.

1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

when I started messing with Resistance falcons, I looked briefly at the generic but then noticed I could upgrade his Initiative to 6, gain a Heroic slot, and still have a blank pilot ability for less than the price of a Proton Torpedo.

30 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Strikers are costed appropriately, change my mind.

Strikers are not the same filler ship in 2nd edition that they were in first, you're paying for the bomb and gunner slot now. 

Also sentinels at 30 and scouts at 32 means 6 strikers on the board, you wanna break hyperspace, cause that’s how you break hyperspace.

You can already run 5 Striker Wampa.

It's not good, you'll lose multiple before they shoot.

1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

I don't think FFG perceives Ace-wing to be a problem, unfortunately :(

3 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Not with that attitude. Also who plays wampa? Academy, Irso,

Howlie, or don’t bother. 😜

For, 7 more points why wouldn't I take a conditional 3rd dice