SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

21 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

What are guys feeling about Heroic? My own limited anecdoctal experience says it's a waste of a point and of a slot, but I have just 3 games of playing it

It's the reason I'm running a Han Falcon instead of a Rey Falcon.

Add Rose and 3po/Perceptive Co-pilot and keep your arc on target for maximum efficiency:

On defense, roll a blank, add a blank, reroll. Or roll paint, evade, and get a lock with Finn's blank and Fire Control Rose.

On offense, roll 1 paint, feed it to FCRose, add Finn's blank and Heroic all those sweet blanks while holding a lock for the future.

Edited by skotothalamos

10 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

Add Rose and 3po/Perceptive Co-pilot and keep your arc on target for maximum efficiency:

On defense, roll a blank, add a blank, reroll. Or roll paint, evade, and get a lock with Finn's blank and Fire Control Rose.

On offense, roll 1 paint, feed it to FCRose, add Finn's blank and Heroic all those sweet blanks while holding a lock for the future.

Rey gunner seems almost as good in terms of outcomes while not caring at all about forward arc or what action you take when compared to Heroic/Finn

50 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Rey gunner seems almost as good in terms of outcomes while not caring at all about forward arc or what action you take when compared to Heroic/Finn

Rey Gunner is much better than Rey Pilot. Not sure why people are so fixed on Rey Pilot. @Stay On The Leader and the Slack channel has figured Rey Gunner > Rey Pilot for awhile.

Edited by Quack Shot

1 hour ago, skotothalamos said:

I see what you did there ;) 

Rey Gunner has definitely gained my attention recently building lists with the intent of actually running them in the near future.

Han w/ Rey, C3PO, & Tac Officer seems pretty good when you can still fit Nien Nunb and an i5 RZ2 of choice. When you can coordinate at i6 and still have a calculate and force token that can mitigate blanks, seems pretty good. 

Vennie w/ C3PO & Rey partnered with Talli and 2 RZ2 generics could give Vennie some serious staying power on 12 health. It's Norra Wexley levels of defense here. 

I think I'm a little slow here...

For around 100 points, you get a Han that gets 2 calcs and an evade token (Rey Gunner) each round.  That's about the same as Rebel Lando with Nien and jyn and he's shown up zero times at major events iirc.  He seems...*decent* but I'm not seeing how he's different than any other fat 2.0 "turret" that can stack a couple tokens/mods.  Can someone break it down for me, slowly so I can understand?

Edited by Ablazoned

4 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

For around 100 points, you get a Han that gets 2 calcs and an evade token (Rey Gunner) each round.  That's about the same as Rebel Lando with Nien and jyn and he's shown up zero times at major events iirc.  He seems...*decent* but I'm not seeing how he's different than any other fat 2.0 "turret" that can stack a couple tokens/mods.  Can someone break it down for me, slowly so I can understand?

I've not played it yet, plan to today, but I'd guess I6 and a focus on Hyperspace format are keys.  

27 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

My reason for being interested in that is Han w/ C3PO, Rey & Tactical Officer opens up a few things. Han being i6 with coordinate that can still net you at least 1 calculate token via C3PO crew. Partner that with Rey Gunner and you have the ability to turn 2 eyeballs or 1 eyeball and 1 blank into 2 hits. To be able to coordinate at i6 while not giving up much of your offense is a solid bonus. This greatly opens up your dial in comparison to Lando who wants to do blues as much as possible.

As of right now with the current point values, we haven't seen many Landos + lists either performing or just not being played. Doesn't mean Lando isn't good, as others have mentioned, not enough Rebel experimentation. When the points get adjusted in January, this could be a different discussion. For now, the idea of i6 Coordinate that can still highly contribute to offense with enough points leftover for wingmates like Nien and your choice of i5 RZ2 just seems like an avenue worth exploring. 

I flew this. 

It's pretty OK

https://raithos.github.io/?f=First Order&d=v5!s!242:133,186,-1,182,-1,-1:;259:186,182,-1,-1,-1:;259:186,182,-1,-1,-1:;259:186,182,-1,-1,-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Shame Silencer generics are so god **** overcosted. the SF is at least just 1/2 points too expensive to the Silencer's 6+. 

50 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I finally went through all the FO and Resistance conversion kit cards (twice) and can't find biohexacrypt codes. Is it possible that it wasn't included, or is it more likely that I somehow lost it?

There ought to be exactly one copy and only in the FO kit, and specifically with the separate "wave 2.5" silencer/upsilon stuff, according to the wiki

10 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

I flew this. 

It's pretty OK

https://raithos.github.io/?f=First Order&d=v5!s!242:133,186,-1,182,-1,-1:;259:186,182,-1,-1,-1:;259:186,182,-1,-1,-1:;259:186,182,-1,-1,-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Shame Silencer generics are so god **** overcosted. the SF is at least just 1/2 points too expensive to the Silencer's 6+. 

that trickshot backdraft is the ultimate CHASE ME ship

7 minutes ago, impspy said:

Why do the Obsidian (Empire) and Zeta Squadron (FO) Pilots exist? Either you want the low blocker or the generic ace so where does the I2 fit in?

They should be costed the same as the i1 to potentially see any use, if not cheaper.

8 minutes ago, Mattman7306 said:

that trickshot backdraft is the ultimate CHASE ME ship

I've said this before, but BD is mostly a finisher. I traditionally make a Box, and put **** in it. Sometimes, stuff survives the Box. Backdraft is the best suited to finishing off stragglers so that I can make another box and avoid doing a Red move. Trick shot is to punish cowards who run into the rocks that my TIE/SF just came out of. On that note, if they overcommit to BS I will happily turn my arc around and leave.

12 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

Question: what’s the best force option on Kylo Ren.

Supernatural Reflexes right? Or is Hate something to consider, I believe it’s SNR but want to ask the smarter people.

I’m going to say supernatural is the best force option if you are really really good, but hate might be better if you are decent to bad. 

Im not sure where the line is, but if you ever set up to trade shots probably not supernatural. 

7 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

I’m going to say supernatural is the best force option if you are really really good, but hate might be better if you are decent to bad. 

Im not sure where the line is, but if you ever set up to trade shots probably not supernatural. 

The line for using supernatural is having a functioning brain stem. 

5 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

I'd suggest that if want to run Kykov you don't think you can make SNR work, spend time to try and get better with SNR.  I think that he's awfully expensive for a ship that's not super tough, and I expect against most solid opponents, Hate isn't going to get the job done.