SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

14 minutes ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

The only pilot who feels really broken with the Force is Luke because of the regen. If he was in anything that was better than a T-65...

I dont really think force is broken or anything like that. Its clearly exists with the rest of the power levels in mind.

Its more just that I find it uninteractive and uninteresting since its passive and it doesn't punish smashing into rocks, ships, and over using red moves or repositions. 

The coolest part about it is resource management. 

Edited by Boom Owl

The coolest thing about the Force IMO is that it makes your dice odds better without making your dice completely reliable. Like, Luke just rolls magical dice that have five evades and three blanks. But almost none of the Force users actually have any ability to do anything with blanks (both Kylo and Vader lost the Evade action, Lone Wolf and Elusive aren't force talents). So they blank out less, but they still can roll die results that they can't change into evades, so you can hit them. 

It's sort of like Legion, how you have the pulse symbols or whatever that some characters can turn into useful results, so they can use three different types of dice to have many different types of dice. 

I'm sort of against defensive mods in general, like, if your ships aren't efficiency-based they should be punished for getting shot at, but the way Force has been implemented actually seems sort of cool from a game design standpoint

49 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

The coolest thing about the Force IMO is that it makes your dice odds better without making your dice completely reliable. Like, Luke just rolls magical dice that have five evades and three blanks. But almost none of the Force users actually have any ability to do anything with blanks (both Kylo and Vader lost the Evade action, Lone Wolf and Elusive aren't force talents). So they blank out less, but they still can roll die results that they can't change into evades, so you can hit them. 

It's sort of like Legion, how you have the pulse symbols or whatever that some characters can turn into useful results, so they can use three different types of dice to have many different types of dice. 

I'm sort of against defensive mods in general, like, if your ships aren't efficiency-based they should be punished for getting shot at, but the way Force has been implemented actually seems sort of cool from a game design standpoint

Except converting blanks is exactly what Rey does, lol.

55 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

They are thematically fun thats for sure. 

Edited by Boom Owl

3 hours ago, Brunas said:

Power level wise, if anyone cares for my opinion I suspect it's about the same - Good enough, but not popular.  I'm less worried about that though, because largely your original quote was correct: "broken, op, crazy, don't want to play this game anymore, uncatchable"

We just had ps10+ tragedy/AS bombing turrets keeping him in check then, whereas now we've got i6 super/bb8 aces moving after him, so who knows what's going to happen.  I guess what I mean is, Kylo moving last isn't fun or engaging, which is what jagsba said better than me anyways.

Ps10+tragedy sim and turrets are exactly why I flew him: positioning meant that there were few routes you could take to actually possibly pump more than 1 damage onto him. And that 1 damage meant that his buddies, or sometimes him, would suddenly turn you into PS0, or if you were looking dead already, Blinded Pilot.

I never had a good chance with anything when I faced a competent Nym before I took on Kylo. The non-stop Nym meta made me very happy that I eventually did, as those were suddenly favorable matchups. But now, without Vanguard, Autothrusters, PS9, the ability to turn you into PS0 or truly blind, etc. Kylo looks to be a pilot that I will be unable to fly properly. But that won't stop me trying.

Edited by player3010587

2 hours ago, jagsba said:

We can simply point to a concerted effort on the part of podcasts to push a dash roarke agenda to cast aspersions on the results.

I mean I'm not sure that was the goal, merely a side effect of insider trading. It's just bsns

1 minute ago, RStan said:

I don't know what it is, but I rarely ever have trick shot proc in my games. I'll probably try it out on them at some point. 

I'm just thinking the ability to approach from behind rocks, then turn away from the rock and attack from the rear, with both shots being solid Trick Shot positions seems good.

5 minutes ago, RStan said:

I don't know what it is, but I rarely ever have trick shot proc in my games. I'll probably try it out on them at some point. 

I think that's sort of part of Trick Shot TBH. Like, the opportunity cost of it being a talent is greater than any actual cost of the card, and the reason it sees more play in 2.0 is more that it's cheap and the talents worth spending more points on (VI, PTL, Expertise, Expose) aren't here anymore. 

There's a reason it used to be 0 points. The only reason it's 1 point now is that they wanted to avoid any 0-cost cards because of disrespect Guidance Chips and other silly card bloat (with one notable exception - still salty about Genius...)

These guys are right though, barrel rolling or otherwise moving in front of a rock with the rear arc on the A-Wings is going to be fun. 

13 hours ago, Brunas said:

too early and too late, rekt

*insert joke about wizards never being late or early*

Edited by FlyingAnchors
You ever re-read your post and realize what you posted was just plain dumb? This is me right now.

2 hours ago, Kieransi said:

I think that's sort of part of Trick Shot TBH. Like, the opportunity cost of it being a talent is greater than any actual cost of the card, and the reason it sees more play in 2.0 is more that it's cheap and the talents worth spending more points on (VI, PTL, Expertise, Expose) aren't here anymore. 

There's a reason it used to be 0 points. The only reason it's 1 point now is that they wanted to avoid any 0-cost cards because of disrespect Guidance Chips and other silly card bloat (with one notable exception - still salty about Genius...)

These guys are right though, barrel rolling or otherwise moving in front of a rock with the rear arc on the A-Wings is going to be fun. 

Don’t worry, we’ll get expose back when the decimator re-releases... (right?)

28 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

So of the 50 point jousting T70 generics, out of Blue/HLC, Blue/Optics, and Red/Crack Shot, are we pretty convinced Blue/Optics is the best?

I think I agree with you, but I'll need to try it.  Probably meta dependent since I don't think the i3 gets you any additional bonus against most things but it might be useful tech against other swarms. Reds also have leftover points to put Tractor on one of them. The higher consistency of Optics makes me think for sure it's better than HLC though. And by consistency I mean more that its rolls are more predictable, not necessarily that the bullseyes are hard to land. 

All three seem like solid options though. 

6 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

I think I agree with you, but I'll need to try it.  Probably meta dependent since I don't think the i3 gets you any additional bonus against most things but it might be useful tech against other swarms. Reds also have leftover points to put Tractor on one of them. The higher consistency of Optics makes me think for sure it's better than HLC though. And by consistency I mean more that its rolls are more predictable, not necessarily that the bullseyes are hard to land. 

All three seem like solid options though. 

I'm pretty sure he's looking at this only for Hyperspace format, so no tractor.