SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Just now, RStan said:

I'm not convinced it punishes the Torp carriers as much as people think. It's not like it stops the torps from going off. It's more of a better board state afterwards, if the torp carriers locked lived anyway. It definitely hurts Supernatural Reflexes and Adv Sensor dependent users though. 

This.

Adv Sensors redline is sad. Redline without adv sensors basically doesnt care very much? Mildly cares? It's still a focuslock proton coming in.

1 hour ago, Darth Seridur said:

Ferrosphere paint, because we missed stress control from 1.0. Now its not just Sloane...

Ferrosphere is literally blank in some games and somehow oppressive, but stresshog-biggs-lowrick the card is still fine since it's imperial. Just making sure I understand you correctly :P

1 minute ago, Tlfj200 said:

This.

Adv Sensors redline is sad. Redline without adv sensors basically doesnt care very much? Mildly cares? It's still a focuslock proton coming in.

Even Redline isn't too sad. He cares the most about first turn of engagement and he still gets the full use of adv sensors then. He's just a bit more sad the turn afterwards. Vader is probably the most sad to see this upgrade across from his target. Spamming Ferro Paint might sound good as a stress mechanic, but I think it's just gonna end up another tool to make Poe even more THICC because Poe at I6 can actually arc dodge the incoming Torps and make it more difficult for the ship(s) that locked him to go after him in successive turns. If Redline sees Poe across the table, he just probably picks a different target. 

3 minutes ago, RStan said:

I'm not convinced it punishes the Torp carriers as much as people think. It's not like it stops the torps from going off. It's more of a better board state afterwards, if the ship torp carriers locked lived anyway. It definitely hurts Supernatural Reflexes and Adv Sensor dependent users though. 

6 minutes ago, SmittLoaf said:

My KAVIL!!?!?!!?!!

14 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

4Lom "oh thats cute. here have it back"

I can always count on the thread to make me regret not thinking things through.  Thanks!

27 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

Ferrosphere is literally blank in some games and somehow oppressive, but stresshog-biggs-lowrick the card is still fine since it's imperial. Just making sure I understand you correctly :P

I hated Sloane from the moment i saw it. 

Classic American "blue on blue" fire... 

Edited by Darth Seridur

6 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

Jesus how have none of you people seen Gone Girl?

I've seen it. For some reason my parents wanted to see it, so we went to see it as a family which also included my sister before any of us knew anything about it past the few trailers....not a family movie. 

Edited by RStan

6 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

It's certainly not a bad list, but given that it's a 2 ship list, it forces you to climb uphill with it. RAC + Rex is solid, but I found that it is more effective if you drop Rex in favor for a super-tricked out Whisper. The only tourney I took it to was a fundraiser kit tourney (so some people were already flying memes), but I did manage a lucky 3-1 with it.  https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v5!s!214:124,-1,49,53,86,68,106,-1:;199:123,112,26,166:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Hotshot gunner is SO GOOD for ensuring survivability, especially for your Deci. Juke + Vader is oppressive, and with that stealth device, you really only have Wedge to fear. Also, thanks to Vader, Juke, and hotshot, when your opponent makes the mistake of giving you initiative, your tokens have so much more power versus their slight gain in repositional power. And collision detector is off-the-walls. I don't know about the effectivity of Connor net, but I need to use my acrylic ion tokens, so why not? Novice tech is essential to making sure RAC does not explode on turn 3, as crit-chains are easy if you waste actions fixing crits or ignoring them (even if the jawa is always flipping a direct, that is still good. Best not leave that hull breach or stabilizer up). 

Edited by player3010587

39 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

How could a galactic empire where top policy makers subscribe to the adage that 'fear will keep the local systems in line' ever be oppressive?

27 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

Jesus how have none of you people seen Gone Girl?

Gone Girl is such a **** good movie.

12 minutes ago, jagsba said:

How could a galactic empire where top policy makers subscribe to the adage that 'fear will keep the local systems in line' ever be oppressive?

Uh... *cough* roger roger.

57 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

This.

Redline doesn't want to double lock you. Sometimes you have a nicer board state on the next round, except other times when you don't. If a ship is weighing locking you vs focusing, Ferro Paint makes their decision easier.

Maybe there's some nasty turn T+2s, where Poe Black-Ones at 10,000 spacemiles per hyperhour to leverage the stress, I guess?

... I guess?