SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

18 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

So how good is 2.0 Duchess exactly? How much would you pay for her? What upgrades seem good on her? Any EPT? Mods? ****, if LWF still exists, how important is it on her?

In terms of talent options on Duchess, I think Elusive is a solid choice. Duchess isn't as worried about doing red maneuvers and likely in second or third turn of engagement, Strikers are flipping around with some type of sloop. Others of note are Predator if you don't have Sloane, Lone Wolf if you plan to flank if there are other higher priority targets in your list, and Crack Shot to help push damage through.

3 hours ago, Major Tom said:

Kontent time.  We have small base ‘heavy’ fighters (B-Wing) and medium base ones (Kimo, G1-A).  What are the advantages and disadvantages of base size for the heavies?

Messing around with proxies, the medium base feels like a liability on slow ships. They don't play well with formations or slow roll well, and the increased footprint, based on a few games feels like it just gives you more area to get shot.

I keep thing ig88s might be happy though. Theyll still move relatively fast and be able to perform tight maneuvers better than they were before. 

1 hour ago, catachanninja said:

I keep thing ig88s might be happy though. Theyll still move relatively fast and be able to perform tight maneuvers better than they were before. 

But the IGs can’t do that neat parallel fortress thing that Simeon did every game. RIP. 

Honestly I want to get to 1 page bigger than the gunboat thread regardless if we can petition the mods to move it back to the main thread.

Back on topic-

Do we forsee any of the 1.0 cards in wave 14 besides Krennic or the X-wing fix (The 3rd and 4th ones...) Being meta-shaping?

Do we even care?

8 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

no?

Oh well?

I forsee a lot of 5x that I will (try to) clown on with Blackout. Here's hoping I get the stuff I want after 1/2 store champs.

1 minute ago, RStan said:

Also Magva Yarro crew. 

4 minutes ago, Timathius said:

Disagree

Saw crew will be useful

I wasn't asking if they were useful in that context- I was asking if anyone cared.

I'm probably going to go to them until I get a Krennic.

My thoughts exactly.  Control bots may be considered less toxic than (for example) Ghost Fenn but any form of control list is pretty toxic, especially when you are new to the game.  Not being alowed to do even the basics like setting a dial or taking actions round after round feels really bad (yes, personal experience from my own early games).

1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Honestly I want to get to 1 page bigger than the gunboat thread regardless if we can petition the mods to move it back to the main thread.

Back on topic-

Do we forsee any of the 1.0 cards in wave 14 besides Krennic or the X-wing fix (The 3rd and 4th ones...) Being meta-shaping?

Do we even care?

Saw crew is cool, also broken beyond belief.

I'm still gonna play the F' out of X-wings. Probably do a Rey Saw build for the hilarity of making Decimators cry. but I'm so pumped for 2.0! 

I mean, I'd be happier if it came out 2 months ago. Seems lame to be coming so close to 2.0

Edited by Wiredin

16 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

I'm still gonna play the F' out of X-wings. Probably do a Rey Saw build for the hilarity of making Decimators cry. but I'm so pumped for 2.0! 

I mean, I'd be happier if it came out 2 months ago. Seems lame to be coming so close to 2.0

Decimators? Where are the decimators?

1 minute ago, Tlfj200 said:

Decimators? Where are the decimators?

Locally a few guys have been using the new stuff as a proxy for a bit. Rac/Vader with Krenic on Rac has been pretty mean against a lot of stuff... until Rey rolls up and says "eat crits mother fker!"