SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

5 minutes ago, tortugatron said:

I haven’t watched the prequels since 2005 and I tend to keep it that way. The specific event of the prequels never happened, only the general events. 

EVERY DAY, MORE LIES

DID THEY SEND YOU HERE...

DID YOU COME HERE TO...

KILL ME?

Citizens of the Krayt Thread, on this day we mark a transition. For a thousand pages, the thread stood as the crowning achievement of civilized beings. But there were those who would set us against one another, and we took up arms to defend our way of life against the casuals. In so doing, we never suspected that the greatest threat came from within.

The Mods, and some within our own page, had conspired to create the shadow of bad using . They had hoped to grind the thread into ruin. But the hatred in their hearts could not be hidden forever. At last, there came a day when our enemies showed their true natures.

The Mods hoped to unleash their destructive power against the thread by moving it to Off-topic and usurping control of the main board. But the aims of would-be tyrants were valiantly opposed by those without elitist, dangerous powers.   

The remaining Mods will be defeated! Any collaborators will suffer the same fate. These have been trying times, but we have passed the test. The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed, but I assure you my resolve has never been stronger. The war is over. The Mynocks have been defeated, and the Mods rebellion has been foiled. We stand on the threshold of a new beginning. In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the thread will be reorganized into the REBELS thread.

We have taken on a task that will be difficult, but the people of the Krayts are ready for the struggle.

Edited by Timathius

Today is the end of the forums.

The end of a regime that acquiesces to this order.

At this very moment in an on-topic forum far away from here, the forums lie to the Galaxy, while secretly supporting the treachery of the loathsome forum trolls. 

This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand, will bring an end to the forums. To their cherished subforums. 

All remaining threads will bow to the Krayt thread!

And we will remember this, as the LAST DAY OF THE X-WING FORUMS!

20 hours ago, thelogicdump said:

The problem with updating templates is that you need to make really tight and accurate jigs to make it even feasible. So because applied know their own specific measurements they can offer this (even though I don’t believe it is cost effective).

Yes, AP let me send them my Litko templates to test, with the understanding there was a good chance they wouldn't work.  They didn't.  Most of the templates were fine, but the 2- and 3-banks wouldn't fit the jig well enough to hold.

I found a trick to watching the prequels. 

See, my sons' English is not quite there yet, so I figured I either had to do live translation or switch to the French dub. I did b. It fixes a whole lot of the emotionless delivery of the lines! It's a significant improvement. Don't worry, they don't butcher all the names like they did in the original trilogy, making them unwatchable in French. 

Granted, it doesn't help with the wooden emoting, but there's only so much you can hope for. 

Skipping the middle hour or so of episode 2 also helps. I summarized it as "they talked a lot and fell in love." That movie is a serious chore... 

36 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

So what analysis can we do on 2.0 squads without knowing point costs?

TIE Fighers still cost 24. How much would a PS 1 Striker have to cost to be comparable? 30? 34? 38?

I’m pretty convinced they will start at 34 or 35, they won’t let us take six three dice ships (right?) but I’m not sure I’d take two strikers over three TIE/ln.

They have z-95 defense (even a touch worse with no shields) which costs TIE points, so it’s the third attack die, upgrade slots, and ailerons/dial that you are paying extra for. 

Edit: I don’t think I’ll take two strikers over a defender either, so 36 will be too high barring something crazy with upgrade slots. 

Edited by AEIllingworth

I am going to run a few proxy games with a friend and looking for some thoughts on what to use. Educated guesses are fun and still useful in their own way. The first build below is intentionally "light" on upgrades to serve as a starting point to do some testing with. The second I am much less sure about but is worth contemplating. Any guesses at what would be reasonable to add to either list to stay roughly sub-200 or at least allow a balanced matchup?  

List 1:

Genuinely interested in how well Han + Luke operates even with only a few cards. Not because I want to play it myself ( Big base ships still dont appeal to much ) but more because I want to get a sneak peak at what its like to play against.  Its a list I expect to see a lot of people using even if Lando or Leebo have better action economy. Luke is in general very good. He is a force charge factory and while 2 green dice doesn't seem like much given our current conditioning it does the job now that red dice modification is imperfect. As for Han, big base boost at PS6 is still extremely deadly, and all those rerolls near rocks is a big deal. Also regen is probably still pretty good. Assumption is that any good list thats not a swarm should have at least 2 things in it that have force charges so theres that to. 

• Han: 
    • iXOo8r1.png
    • d1z8N0D.png
  • Luke: 
    • MNQfZ6Z.png
    • JzlHxeG.png

List 2: 

So for this I just picked three ships I have enjoyed a ton throughout first edition. Vader Tie Advanced, Grand Inquisitor Tie Advanced Prototype, and Duchess as filler. It seems unlikely that all 3 of these would fit together and still have room for much in the way of upgrades, especially since two of the three ships can take force. Vader would go with FCS. So heres the question...assuming Vader and Grand Quiz are set in stone, do we think Countdown, Sabacc, or Duchess could potentially fit with those two and leave room for some upgrades? What are the chances countdown and sabaccs pilot abilities remain unchanged? Any ideas on what their Initative might be, 3 and 4 probably?

• Vader: 
    • ah3BrfR.png
    • WGd2eCW.png
  • Grand Quiz: 
    • b7M5VrU.png
    • VMghsBu.png
  • Duchess: 
    • w8pWqwt.png

Welcome any thoughts on how to fill in the random lists above. Its alot of guess work and speculation but thats the point. 

Good resources on spoiled cards:

Edited by Boom Owl