Sign in to follow this  
Schu

Advice on Chronicles of the Gatekeeper and my campaign

I am the DM for my group and two sessions ago we just finished running Hidden Depths. Ironarm was left wounded, removed from his position with the Empire, and now seeks revenge on the PCs.

The next session was 100% home brew. Ironarm set two plans in motion: one was to hire some mercenaries and bounty hunters to track and capture the PCs. The other was to seek out a legendary "warrior" to train and gather strength to face the PCs head on. This gave the PCs the choice of either shutting the bounty hunters down before they began their search and thus letting Ironarm get stronger for the inevitable face off with him...or leave the bounty hunters to harass them in future sessions and pursue the "warrior" themselves, in hopes of intercepting Ironarm's training before he gets too powerful.

Is this set up a good lead in to Chronicles of the Gatekeeper? I do not know anything about the adventure besides the FFG, but could my "warrior" be the vanished Jedi Knight in the adventure? I thought I'd ask you guys before I wasted any time or money in this adventure.

Thanks!

Nope,the jedi knight of the adventure cannot be the one who trains Ironharm, at least if you run it as written. I think the best option is to let Ironharm slide for a bit and them have him resurface together with an inquisitor to fight the player, as a way to sften them before the Inquisitor himself arrives. I'm pretty sure an inquisitor can provide Ironharm with enough training and suitable weapons (cortosis sword or staff) for him to be a challenge to the players.

Some changes should be fine but generally, the mysterious Jedi could be anyone as long as you stick to the frame work and change the rest.

The story is about two places that the Jedi was there and left his mark. Third act is finding him on a sith world. The mcguffin is a holocron that teaches the characters the fabled force power that made the Jedi who he is and influenced his action in the two planets the characters will visit to seek him out.

Edited by RusakRakesh

I would wait to see what the players do with Gel Marcolf, the first force sensitive baddie they run into.  If he is still alive and imprisoned or otherwise held captive then Ironarm could have busted him free and the two could go on a PC hunting adventure. Though (hint hint) you might want to save that later, depending on the character's actions in the second chapter you could build a fairly large group of baddies to use against them in the final chapter. After all, no sin goes unpunished. 

Edited by Idward