Green Knight

Vassal Autumn 2017 Tournament (official thread)

Now that I finally got back to my computer, here's the log file of the game between me and @Dr alex.

Super fun and exciting game! I've never flown Corvette Bs before, so I wasn't quite sure what to do with them, ended up making perfect Ackbar slash targets out of the pair and getting them blown up before they even had a shot. Otherwise, my plan to throw absolutely everything I had at the MC80 happened to pay off, thanks to a bit of luck and Alex forgetting I had TF Antilles (as I had also forgotten to use it before).

Lesson one: External Racks are pretty amazing.

Lesson two: Don't try to command the YT2400s, as clearly they are too proud and independent to listen to orders from some lousy transport and will only protest by rolling blanks at a critical moment. Just let 'em do their rogue thing and kill stuff.

On 8/25/2017 at 1:25 AM, Dorrin314 said:

Dorrin Vs @GhostofNobodyInParticular goes to me with an MoV of 178, I was first and we played his Advanced Gunnery.

GNiP did a very good job of playing keep away from my Avenger, it only got 3 shots off all game, and the only close range shot was out my rear.

And here's the logfile: Dorrin v Ghost

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

EURO sector

Tokra in the lead, with Dorrin and Broba snapping at his heels. One game still unplayed @Doppelganger vs @thecactusman17

Round 1

1: @Dr Alex VS @Villakarvarousku - Match Results: @Villakarvarousku is the winner 280 to 323
2: @BrobaFett VS @Visovics - Match Results: @BrobaFett is the winner 251 to 81
3: @Doppelganger VS @thecactusman17
4: @realadmirals VS @Tokra - Match Results: @Tokra is the winner
5: @Irishmadcat VS @Ginkapo - Match Results: @Irishmadcat is the winner 265 to 196
6: @Dorrin314 VS @NobodyInParticular - Match Results: @Dorrin314 is the winner 178 to 0

Rankings

Rank Name Score MoV SoS
1 @Tokra 10 400 1.0
2 @Dorrin314 8 178 3.0
3 @BrobaFett 8 170 3.0
4 @Irishmadcat 7 69 4.0
5 @Villakarvarousku 6 43 5.0
6 @Dr Alex 5 0 6.0
7 @Ginkapo 4 0 7.0
8 @Visovics 3 0 8.0
9 @NobodyInParticular 3 0 8.0
10 @realadmirals 1 0 10.0
11 @Doppelganger 0 0 0.0
12 @thecactusman17 0 0 0.0

NA:East sector

Roquax in the lead after a 10-1 in his first match. Half the games have been played, 3 remaining.

Round 1

1: @rasproteus VS @CaribbeanNinja
2: @Paindemic7708 VS @comatose - Match Results: @Paindemic7708 is the winner 456 to 267
3: @Roquax VS @Thrindal - Match Results: @Roquax is the winner 400 to 100
4: @doobleg VS @PartyPotato
5: @RStan VS @mhd - Match Results: @mhd is the winner 137 to 208
6: @GiledPallaeon VS @Viktor Tanek

Rankings

Rank Name Score MoV SoS
1 @Roquax 10 300 1.0
2 @Paindemic7708 8 189 3.0
3 @mhd 7 71 4.0
4 @RStan 4 0 7.0
5 @comatose 3 0 8.0
6 @Thrindal 1 0 10.0
7 @rasproteus 0 0 0.0
8 @PartyPotato 0 0 0.0
9 @CaribbeanNinja 0 0 0.0
10 @GiledPallaeon 0 0 0.0
11 @doobleg 0 0 0.0
12 @Viktor Tanek 0 0 0.0

NA:West

Undeadguy in the lead with a solid 9-2 win, but only 2 games played thus far.

Round 1

1: @itzSteve VS @SkyCake
2: @moodswing5537 VS @Ardaedhel - Match Results: @moodswing5537 is the winner 162 to 140
3: @Undeadguy VS @jp82729 - Match Results: @Undeadguy is the winner 311 to 81
4: @Matt Antilles VS @JJs Juggernaut
5: @Maturin VS @SilentSteve
6: @DoubleDown217 VS @BiggsIRL

Rankings

Rank Name Score MoV SoS
1 @Undeadguy 9 230 2.0
2 @moodswing5537 6 22 5.0
3 @Ardaedhel 5 0 6.0
4 @jp82729 2 0 9.0
5 @SilentSteve 0 0 0.0
6 @Matt Antilles 0 0 0.0
7 @BiggsIRL 0 0 0.0
8 @JJs Juggernaut 0 0 0.0
9 @DoubleDown217 0 0 0.0
10 @Maturin 0 0 0.0
11 @itzSteve 0 0 0.0
12 @SkyCake 0 0 0.0

5 hours ago, Green Knight said:

EURO sector

Round 1

1: @Dr Alex VS @Villakarvarousku - Match Results: @Villakarvarousku is the winner 280 to 323
2: @BrobaFett VS @Visovics - Match Results: @BrobaFett is the winner 251 to 81
3: @Doppelganger VS @thecactusman17
4: @realadmirals VS @Tokra - Match Results: @Tokra is the winner
5: @Irishmadcat VS @Ginkapo - Match Results: @Irishmadcat is the winner 265 to 196
6: @Dorrin314 VS @NobodyInParticular - Match Results: @Dorrin314 is the winner 178 to 0

Matchmaking is fun. I just noticed that we have funny pairings in the EU pool.

Sato vs. Sato (only two Sato in the pool)
Motti vs. Motti (with 3 Motti)
Jerjerod vs. Jerjerod (with only two Jerjerod)

22 minutes ago, Tokra said:

Matchmaking is fun. I just noticed that we have funny pairings in the EU pool.

Sato vs. Sato (only two Sato in the pool)
Motti vs. Motti (with 3 Motti)
Jerjerod vs. Jerjerod (with only two Jerjerod)

NA East had another JJ vs JJ in my match. 

Doobleg vs @PartyPotato concludes, 230-151, for a 7-4 win to Doobleg!

With a one point bid, I chose to go second, and PP selected Most Wanted.

Setup saw PP deploy in a tight formation around The Indestructible (his Mon Cal flagship) to the left of the centrally-placed obstacles, while I deployed most of my forces on the opposite side of the obstacles - clearly, I was in no mood for Ackbar broadsides. Demolisher, however, deployed directly opposite the Rebel fleet, looking to take them head-on. I chose a Gozanti and PP's Pelta (much to his surprise) as the objective ships.

The Rebels and Demolisher advanced, ending the first round just out of firing range. My squadrons moved up inside the obstacle screen, ready to pounce. The second round had the Rebel ships in seeming disarray, as the Pelta came to a dead stop to avoid colliding with Salvation. Demolisher leapt in front of Indestructible (the safest place to be) and started to deal out the pain. My squadrons flailed wildly against PP's small fighter contingent, needing four of them to take down a single Z-95 (we're hitting the simulators before round 2, fellas!).

My intention for Demolisher was to leap past Indestructible and take out the motionless (and therefore defenseless) Pelta, then make good my escape. Unfortunately that d*mn potato was just too darn long, forcing a close ram and leaving both ships with no option but to slug it out. The smaller Rebel ships then maneuvered into another formation to the left of this fight (it was so precise, you'd think they'd been practicing). Shara Bey went down to Sabre Squadron, but Tycho bugged out and hit the repair station, trying to chip away at Demolisher from the rear. The rest of my squadrons found themselves in a flak sandwich between Indestructible and Bright Hope.

Round 4 was the clincher. Indestructible activated first, fixing vital hull points and hoping that Demolisher would flub the APT rolls. And sure enough, Demo did its best, failing to roll ANY crits on the first roll for both arcs. Luckily for me the rerolls scored a single crit for each attack, and these crits, combined with the double ram, saw both ships go down in fire and glory.

After that, the battle was pretty much me trying to destroy the isolated Bright Hope, while PP tried to take out my fighters. Bright Hope got away and squadrons died, but none of this changed the final result. The game was done, and neither of our Admirals had really done anything of note (Ackbar dice were never used, and Sloane spent scatter tokens that would have been blocked anyway).

During the game I lamented not choosing Indestructible as the objective ship (I would have scored an additional 120 pts for its destruction), but I always intended to choose one of the smaller ships going into this fight, and I think I made the right call (results notwithstanding). PartyPotato was a wonderful opponent, always taking the hits and my sound effects in stride. His fleet is SUPER-tanky, and althought I'd gladly play PP anytime, I'm very glad I don't have to try crack that nut again. :lol:

Logfile should be available here. Thanks for the awesomegame, PartyPotato! :D

Edited by doobleg

CNinja vs RasProteus ends with a victory for me (8-3 158 MOV)

We flipped and I chose 2nd.  We played my Salvage Run.  

My grav well/Grav reroute caused a little distress, and Ras decided to split his VCXs to gain the tokens.  Unfortunately that left a VCX and Foresight exposed.  My Sloane Ints were hot rolling hits every time.  I popped the MC30 as it swept in.  My dice were hot as I was able to pick away at Ras' squads until I got them all.  He also unfortunately made a bad turn with a GR-75 and it went off the board. 

Ras got half the tokens, an Int and my Gozanti. I got half the tokens, his MC30, GR-75 and his squads.

A great and fun game.  RasProteus was a great opponent even as it seemed everything was going my way.  

I'll try to edit in the log file tomorrow.

Edited by CaribbeanNinja

Maturin vs SilentSteve ends in a 218-211 narrow squeaker of a win for me.

SilentSteve chose to go second (unexpected), and I chose his Advanced Gunnery.  We set up on the right half of the board, with squadrons in the center.  His ships were going slow to take advantage of his liberal sprinkling of QBT's, while mine headed in quickly, puckering up for the beating to come.  One of his Kittens was the AG ship, while Admo was mine.

And boy, was it a bloodbath!  SilentSteve's dice were hot and his ships positioned well - turn after turn, he managed to kill ship after ship with QBT-boosted dice.  The one exception was my Hammerhead, which endured two punishing salvoes but dove in with one hull point remaining, and laid a hurting on the two Arquitens, before exploding spectacularly the next turn.  In the end, he managed to kill all my ships except for Admonition, while I killed his two Arquitens.

I managed to save the game in the squadron fight, killing his squadrons except for Maarek, who wisely advanced to the rear with one hull point remaining.  I lost one VCX and a HWK.

It was a bloody and fun battle, against a very courteous opponent.  Great game SilentSteve, and thanks for being flexible on the game time!

Log file:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IfQaBa5d6mUjR1eWNDa250TGs/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Maturin