Jump to content
Green Knight

Vassal Autumn 2017 Tournament (official thread)

Recommended Posts

I would like to thank all the participants of the Vassal Autumn 2017 tournament!

It's been a great one. A lot of exiting lists and great matches. Almost no cancellations and dropouts, which is a great achievement in itself.

I will certainly use this template for later tourneys (but not for a while, let's focus on the WC!)

A big cheer for the winner @Roquax and his dastardly 6-activation Yavaris list!

Edited by Green Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Green Knight said:

I would like to thank all the participants of the Vassal Autumn 2017 tournament!

It's been a great one. A lot of exiting lists and great matches. Almost no cancellations and dropouts, which is a great achievement in itself.

I will certainly use this template for later tourneys (but not for a while, let's focus on the WC!)

A big cheer for the winner @Roquax and his dastardly 6-activation Yavaris list!

I would suggest you all take an extra look at the winning list, and the SEMI-final game vs @Tokra

It shows some great synergies between activations, Yavaris, Gallant Haven, Relay, and exiting use of Corran Horn, and what can only be called an unorthodox squadron mix (but when you look at t more close it's quite a thing of beauty).

Edited by Green Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roquax said:

The game with @Tokra was a semi-final.  The final game was against @GiledPallaeon and the logfile is here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Zef13zoBl2UkFuZHRiblNDNGM

Basically our game was something like the final game :P. I Knew that whoever comes out as winner of this will have the best chance of winning the final as well (you even more than me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tokra said:

Basically our game was something like the final game :P. I Knew that whoever comes out as winner of this will have the best chance of winning the final as well (you even more than me).

You are correct - it helps that I did play both of the other semi-final players.  Regardless, your list was one that gave me a little pause - and it our game was a great chess match.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Roquax said:

You are correct - it helps that I did play both of the other semi-final players.  Regardless, your list was one that gave me a little pause - and it our game was a great chess match.  

And it is still the game where i am thinking: what could have done different, and how could the outcome be.

For example: in the last turn, what would have happend when i did not go for Luke and Corran with my squadrons, but for the Bomber side (Ten Numb, Gold and Dagger Squadron). i might have taken down all 3. And the ISD would have been save for one more turn.

It was one of these games where you can think about for long time :P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...