Green Knight

Vassal Autumn 2017 Tournament (official thread)

On 9/29/2017 at 5:39 AM, CaribbeanNinja said:

CNinja v MHD goes down to an 87-68 victory (whopping 19 MOV) to me. 

MHD chose to go second, which ended up to be crucial.  I chose his Hyperspace Assault and we basically played ring around the Debris.  

I bagged an almost impossible to kill Raider and his FSprays.

MHD got my Gozantis and three Interceptors. 

It is always a pleasure to take on MHD, and I'm rooting for him in the eliminations!

And this oc means that @Paindemic7708 has qualified for eliminations!

On 9/28/2017 at 1:17 AM, Dr alex said:

Well @Rearadmiralsdoitinspace won with an MoV of 100. We played his minefields and I deployed poorly with My MC80 off to one side. I caused damage, he repaired it. His flotillas led a charmed life with all but one just surviving. I lost two CR90bs and a scout hammerhead. 

120-20 to @Rearadmiralsdoitinspace

What was this about go big or go home? 

SO now nobody OR irish needs to win with 101 MoV...

4 hours ago, Tokra said:

nm, didn't see the next page (to early).

We just need to wait for the last game: Maturin vs jp82729 to know who get the wild cards.

As unlikely as it is, if I understand correctly it's theoretically possible that both NA:W qualifiers will be complete blowouts of 400+, in which case the bigger MoV would qualify as #2 in the region and the other would qualify as wildcard.

Unless qualifiers don't apply for wildcard?

46 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

As unlikely as it is, if I understand correctly it's theoretically possible that both NA:W qualifiers will be complete blowouts of 400+, in which case the bigger MoV would qualify as #2 in the region and the other would qualify as wildcard.

Unless qualifiers don't apply for wildcard?

Qualifiers do not apply, only the Swiss rounds. That was what I had in mind, although I'm not sure it's been clearly conveyed.

38 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

One thing IS for sure: @Green Knightyour choice of separation of the zones was a fantastic choice.  Very minimal scheduling problems.

Yes, it's worked MUCH better.

I also think it was a nice idea to have spots 2-5 duke it out. Makes it worthwhile to go that extra mile to play the final game.

6 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Yes, it's worked MUCH better.

I also think it was a nice idea to have spots 2-5 duke it out. Makes it worthwhile to go that extra mile to play the final game.

Bear in mind it was the MOV wildcard that made me go uber risky with my play.... hence the 10-1 that RealAd got. 

Not saying he wouldnt have beaten me anyway, just not 10-1. Would have been a lot more conservative play on my part that I suspect he could have repaired through. 

Just now, Undeadguy said:

Any idea on the time frame for the finals? I keep checking back to see if we have pairings and I'm always sad. 

We still have to wait for Maturin and JP to finish the last Round 3 game in about 12 hours before NA:W can even start on our qualifiers, because Maturin still has an outside chance to break into the top 5.  So like a week, depending on when we can get our qualifiers scheduled.

12 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

We still have to wait for Maturin and JP to finish the last Round 3 game in about 12 hours before NA:W can even start on our qualifiers, because Maturin still has an outside chance to break into the top 5.  So like a week, depending on when we can get our qualifiers scheduled.

This game is about to start.

13 minutes ago, jp82729 said:

A tight win for@Maturin to finish up the final game of round 3.  Playing opening salvo, Tycho took the final pot shot of the game on my ISD to swing a 208-206 Imperial victory into a 281-208 loss! Overall a fun game with a good opponent.

Yes, I was worried when @jp82729 chose my Opening Salvo as the mission.  Definitely a double edged sword - with so many dice flying around, I think 4 ships tied on turn 4....the game got a lot faster after that.  :D

A fun game with a very courteous opponent.  Not the 10-1 I needed for the wildcard slot - sorry to make everyone wait an extra week!  (Probably all the best as this fleet really could use some tweaks)  

:D

Logfile:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_IfQaBa5d6mVlFNZDRYRklSTk0

NA:West

Round 1

1: @itzSteve VS @SkyCake - Match Results: @itzSteve is the winner 463 to 99
2: @moodswing5537 VS @Ardaedhel - Match Results: @moodswing5537 is the winner 162 to 140
3: @Undeadguy VS @jp82729 - Match Results: @Undeadguy is the winner 311 to 81
4: @Matt Antilles VS @JJs Juggernaut - Match Results: @JJs Juggernaut is the winner 61 to 115
5: @Maturin VS @SilentSteve - Match Results: @Maturin is the winner 218 to 211
6: @DoubleDown217 VS @BiggsIRL - Match Results: @BiggsIRL is the winner 0 to 215

Round 2

1: @itzSteve VS @Undeadguy - Match Results: @Undeadguy is the winner 123 to 339
2: @BiggsIRL VS @moodswing5537 - Match Results: @BiggsIRL is the winner 239 to 88
3: @JJs Juggernaut VS @Maturin - Match Results: @JJs Juggernaut is the winner 333 to 95
4: @Ardaedhel VS @Matt Antilles - Match Results: @Ardaedhel is the winner 236 to 95
5: @SilentSteve VS @DoubleDown217 - Match Results: @DoubleDown217 is the winner 99 to 231
6: @jp82729 VS @SkyCake - Match Results: @SkyCake is the winner 122 to 303

Round 3

1: @Undeadguy VS @BiggsIRL - Match Results: @Undeadguy is the winner 417 to 65
2: @JJs Juggernaut VS @itzSteve - Match Results: @itzSteve is the winner 146 to 164
3: @Ardaedhel VS @DoubleDown217 - Match Results: @Ardaedhel is the winner 430 to 71
4: @SkyCake VS @moodswing5537 - Match Results: @SkyCake is the winner 332 to 159
5: @SilentSteve VS @Matt Antilles - Match Results: @Matt Antilles is the winner 0 to 366
6: @Maturin VS @jp82729 - Match Results: @Maturin is the winner 281 to 208

Rankings

Rank Name Score MoV SoS
1 @Undeadguy 27 798 5.0
2 @Ardaedhel 23 500 4.556
3 @JJs Juggernaut 20 292 5.778
4 @itzSteve 19 382 7.111
5 @Matt Antilles 18 366 5.889
6 @BiggsIRL 17 366 5.556
7 @SkyCake 17 354 4.444
8 @Maturin 15 80 4.333
9 @moodswing5537 12 22 6.333
10 @DoubleDown217 11 132 5.556
11 @SilentSteve 10 0 4.889
12 @jp82729 9 0 6.556

On 9/25/2017 at 2:51 AM, Ardaedhel said:

Current wildcard standings:

IfuBsLm.jpg

This is an interesting situation. It looks like wildcard is currently held by @GiledPallaeon (429) and @Rearadmiralsdoitinspace (416)

However the Rear Admiral is also in the EU qualifiers, meaning that if he qualifies there, the wildcard drops down to the next lower MoV.  Who is Tokra, who has already qualified.  In fact, one of the two of these is true of ALL of the top 15 (I didn't check any further) MoVs, except Pallaeon.  But, only one person from each Region can qualify in the qualifiers, so if that person qualifies naturally, their wildcard drops down to the next lower person who did not win a Regional Qualifier.

Which means the absolute lowest possible MoV that could qualify for wildcard--if and only if all of the top MoV slots win their Regional Qualifiers--is 359, held by... me.  -_- 

So depending how RearAd, mhd, and itzSteve do in their qualifiers, the bar for wildcard is currently at 416, 386, 364, or 359.

The MoV wild cards are @GiledPallaeon and @mhd.

Edited by Green Knight

Front page also updated.

Let me know ASAP if I goofed (VERY unlikely)

NA: West qualifiers

@Undeadguy

@2nd slot NA:W (itzsteve/Matt Antilles/JJ/Ard)

NA: East qualifiers

@Roquax

Euro qualifiers

@Tokra

@Rearadmiralsdoitinspace

MoV wild cards

@mhd

======

Quarter finals

Q1: @Tokra vs @mhd

Q2: @Roquax vs NA:W 2

Q3: @Undeadguy vs @Paindemic7708

Q4: @GiledPallaeon vs @Rearadmiralsdoitinspace

Edited by Green Knight

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

Quarter finals

Q1: @Tokra vs @mhd

Q2: @Roquax vs NA:W 2

Q3: @Undeadguy vs @Paindemic7708

Q4: @GiledPallaeon vs @Rearadmiralsdoitinspace

@GiledPallaeon If we both win, we might have a round 2 rematch in the finals ;)