Biophysical

This is a stupid build, but somehow it has been winning, someone else should try it.

56 minutes ago, NervousSam said:

Have you played 4 ship rebel yet? Curious how it would work there. 

I played a test game where i played both sides, but only once, and while I made mistakes on both sides, I think I probably made a bigger error on the Rebel side.  In that case, I jousted with the shuttle, and flanked with the Defender.  Predictably, the Upsilon took a bunch of damage, assigned  meaningless ISYTDS crits, put some shots into the opponent that were largely dispersed, handed put some stress, and got in the way.  By the time it died, Jess and Wookie had taken some damage, Selflessness was spent, and Biggs had taken maybe a damage.  At that point, though, Rexler cleaned house.  He dodged Biggs to finish off Jess, put a Cruise Missile into Rex, and Biggs and Wookie couldn't cope with his firepower and maneuverability.  

Like I said, though, I think I made more Rebel mistakes, and this needs to be repeated a few times before I have any opinion worth a ****.

8 minutes ago, HungryFFG said:

How important is the Engine Upgrade?

Extremely.  Upsilon really, really benefits from having EU on it.  It's a 4 point investment that gives you probably 30% more utility on a frame that you're pumping a ton of points into.  Without it, it can't really turn around, block or arc-dodge well.

8 hours ago, Biophysical said:

Kylo Ren, Veteran Instincts, Fire Control System, Pattern Analyzer, Intel Agent, Rebel Captive, Engine Upgrade, Kylo Ren's Shuttle (title) = 49 points 

The most successful wingman thus far has been:  Rexler Brath, Expertise, Ion Cannon, TIE/D, Engine Upgrade, Cruise Missile = 51 points.  I'm not convinced this is the best, but it's what I'm used to, and the Ion Cannon+Stress combo has been solid.

a 49 pts large ship begs to have 2 TLT aggressors as partners... :-)

Edited by Thormind

4 hours ago, DodgingArcs said:

He is way too fair Attanni Mindlink, which is good because balance is better than not. 

I did a rough experiment where Imperials has the Jumpmaster to put Hux on and it was pretty amazing. 

The only thing really holding him back is the ships he can go on and how much they cost. 

Yeah, i wish i could put him on a Tie shuttle.

9 minutes ago, Thormind said:

a 49 pts large ship begs to have 2 TLT aggressors as partners... :-)

That or two Gamma Vets w/ CS, LRS, EM, & CMs

Edited by Jo Jo

2 hours ago, Biophysical said:

Yeah, that is what has kept me away from using him.  There never seems like a good ship to use him on.

Imagine if we had a ship like the Shadowcaster to put him on. Sooo many greens to get rid of that stress. IMO it's one of the problem at the moment. We do not have a ship to carry him with enough green to handle the 1 stress/turn.

I've never had much luck with the Kylo shuttle.  But my favorite systems slot is the electronic baffle, coupled with Hyperwave comms.  You place down at 12 giving you the best side of the rockfield to enter, then park your shuttle on the edge of the field and still get actions.  Then the aces clean house in the rocks in front of the shuttle.  I also haven't coupled the shuttle with one ace, always opting for two.  Baffle also goes with Palp.  So you can baffle, focus, then if palp is left when you get all the way down to PS2 the shot usually looks like CHHH. 

I agree, if you're not using the baffle you NEED that engine. 

2 hours ago, Biophysical said:

Yeah, that is what has kept me away from using him.  There never seems like a good ship to use him on.

Hux is for the Decimator. He fits in, green moves are okay, you can pair him with Inspiring recruit, and EI for double modification (or for Expose if you so choose, I prefer the double modification, of course the best is both). For the last crew, depends on your PS. Chiraneau/VI makes the best platform for Systems Officer, but cries for Engine Upgrade so not with Hux/EI. Maybe simply another Inspiring recruit in case you get against a stress-dealing squadron.

Sorry for the Deci digression... unless you find the ship a good wingman to the UPS ? It does compliment the high-damage, low manoeuvrability of it, with the PWT. But I prefer the aggressor/TLTs approach.

This might be extra dumb, but there might be a decent Firespray build to act as wingman.  Less damage than the TIE/D, but more durable, with a different set of useful maneuvers.  There are probably some silly shenanigans you can pull with Kylo Coordinating an Engine Upgrade Boba Fett, who can them flip the direction if His banks, all informed by Intel Agent, but I tend to suspect it's still not actually that good.

11 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

The Deci's greens aren't good enough, it's too easy to block, and fitting in two other ships with a Hux deci to get the full benefit of him is pretty challenging.

The current list I have been flying for a few games now is:

RAC, Predator, General Hux, Inspiring Recruit, Rebel Captive

Omega Leader, Juke, Comm Relay

Dark Curse

The Decimator's greens are limiting, and you will eventually have to forgo using Hux as you wheel around with white turns; RAC is built out to have attack mods even when that is the case. If you are worried about blocking, you can drop Rebel Captive for Dauntless as the Inspiring Recruit handles double stressing yourself.

3 minutes ago, kris40k said:

The current list I have been flying for a few games now is:

RAC, Predator, General Hux, Inspiring Recruit, Rebel Captive

Omega Leader, Juke, Comm Relay

Dark Curse

The Decimator's greens are limiting, and you will eventually have to forgo using Hux as you wheel around with white turns; RAC is built out to have attack mods even when that is the case. If you are worried about blocking, you can drop Rebel Captive for Dauntless as the Inspiring Recruit handles double stressing yourself.

The Hux reminded me... I had a list with Stridan, Hux, Systems Officers, and Advanced Sensors.  Advanced sensor Hux, reveal a green, hand off a TL to someone at range 3.  Doesn't matter if the shuttle bumps or not, in fact you should be aiming for bumps to remove shots and actions.  It didn't make the cut at a tournament but I was able to get the combo off a couple turns in a row.  I paired it with Duchess and Carnor at PS10.  "6 actions" across the fleet and 0 stress was pretty sweet, but I flew it badly. 

Honestly, Major Striden has been working well for me.  At 40 pionts, you can get Ops Spec and either Systems Spec, fleet officer or similar plus FCS if you can squeeze it in.  Putting snap shot on PS 4 Ties or FO's with this has been pretty good for me.

I call this Rage Soontir:

Major Stridan — Upsilon-class Shuttle 32
Fire-Control System 2
Rebel Captive 3
Inspiring Recruit 1
Pattern Analyzer 2
Engine Upgrade 4
Ship Total: 44

Soontir Fel — TIE Interceptor 27
Rage 1
Autothrusters 2
Stealth Device 3
Royal Guard TIE 0
Ship Total: 33

"Epsilon Leader" — TIE/fo Fighter 19
Stealth Device 3
Ship Total: 22

11 hours ago, Biophysical said:

I want others to try it just to see if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing.

Mission accepted.

I flew the Upsilon non-stop when it first came out, usually with first order ships. I had some good games, and a lot of defeats, so I gave up on it. Looking forward to trying it out some more.

3 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

Lambda's are a beer night only ship currently.

Now wait just a second. I just placed 10th out of 45 at a store championship with a Doom Shuttle and 4 PS 1 TIE strikers. Lambdas aren't bad. That said, I really dig the Upsilon's ability to contribute to the battle even if everything is out of its arc.

12 hours ago, Biophysical said:

Mostly out of curiosity and lack of good ideas for Imperial builds, I started running the Upsilon Shuttle.  I wasn't sure which upgrades were important, so I settled on all of them, and figured I'd trim back the ones that weren't pulling their weight.  Turns out the Upsilon likes upgrades.  After a few games were under my belt, and I tried put a few wingmen, I settled on this shuttle build:

Kylo Ren, Veteran Instincts, Fire Control System, Pattern Analyzer, Intel Agent, Rebel Captive, Engine Upgrade, Kylo Ren's Shuttle (title) = 49 points 

I've been running for a bit, the same build, except with palp, and then add hyper wave for a 54 point kylo, along with a kallus whisper.  

Took it to a 28 count store champ top 4, played against dengar/tel twice, defenders+omega, u-boats. lost a close top 4 to quickdraw, vader, inq, all VI cruise missiles.

A lot of builds don't have answers for ISYTDS; if you can time your engagement and leverage the pattern analyzer it tends to work out pretty well. Still need to try it against more builds tho. 

Edited by mleggett

11 minutes ago, mleggett said:

I've been running for a bit, the same build, except with palp, and then add hyper wave for a 54 point kylo, along with a kallus whisper.  

Took it to a 28 count store champ top 4, played against dengar/tel twice, defenders+omega, u-boats. lost a close top 4 to quickdraw, vader, inq, all VI cruise missiles.

A lot of builds don't have answers for ISYTDS; if you can time your engagement and leverage the pattern analyzer it tends to work out pretty well. Still need to try it against more builds tho. 

I can really see that working, especially as it gets around the "I hope I role a crit" strategy I've been using so far.  It really makes stuff like Dengar get nervous jousting him, because 9 tines out of 10, Dengar will be PS0 before the end of the phase.

18 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

I can really see that working, especially as it gets around the "I hope I role a crit" strategy I've been using so far.  It really makes stuff like Dengar get nervous jousting him, because 9 tines out of 10, Dengar will be PS0 before the end of the phase.

That last part is key, usually you can roll in and give dengar/tel kylo to shoot, and then with the 4 dice primary/palp you can hit them with ps0 and the stress from title going into the next turn.

The cruise missile 10-11-11 matchup was incredibly difficult with whisper, but i was able to flank enough with whisper to hurt vader, and then ps0 quickdraw with kylo. A couple better end turns with whisper against inq and i could've pulled it out. 

Also if you line up the fully modified double 4 dice attacks (possible 5 rng1) you can seriously hurt some builds along with hitting them with blindeds along the way. it's definitely tougher without a pwt in the two ship build tho.

Edited by mleggett

Bio, I just gave the OP list a shot (solo playing) against Farmer's Plot Armor list. Man is it one scary list. Poe got absolutely murdered in a couple turns (Damaged Cockpit early lined Rexlar up for the perfect kill). But Dash, plus a couple shots from Poe, was able to put the hurt on. HLC still tears through /D Defenders, and was obviously more than enough to handle Kylo. Dash won at half health, but it could've been worse since he was just one Evade away from eating Blinded Pilot. Fun list, for something completely off the beaten path.