dvirsmail

Lucky Charm when rolling two dice

Hi all,

when using lucky charm for rolling two dice, can I roll one die and then decide on the other? Or must I use it on the "first" die then roll the other?

also, can dark fate be used on a die roll determined by lucky charm?

thanks

when using lucky charm for rolling two dice, can I roll one die and then decide on the other?

No, you use the charm before you make the roll.

I would say no because the die wasn't rolled.

when using lucky charm for rolling two dice, can I roll one die and then decide on the other?

Bludgeon is correct.  You use the charm before you make the roll.  So you could use the charm to make one die a 6 (or whatever you want) and then hope you get the result you want with the other die.  What you may do, however, is roll both dice, spend a fate to reroll one of them, and then use the charm to determine what that result will be.

I agree with Bludgeon on this one.  Here are the wordings in question:

Lucky Charm: You may discard the Charm when you are about to make a die roll.  You choose which result on the die to use instead of rolling it.

Dark Fate: A player may only spend dark fate to reroll a die that another character just rolled. (page 8, The Woodland Expansion rule book)

The Lucky Charm explicitly states that a die result is chosen INSTEAD OF ROLLING IT.  This means that there was no die roll.  According to the rule book, Fate (either light or dark) may only be spent when there has been a die roll.  This is different than, say, the spell Marked for Glory, which allows you to "add up to 6 to the result of the die roll."  In that instance someone could still spend dark fate to make you reroll, even though you can still adjust the outcome due to the spell.