Velvetelvis

The p.s. 11 imperial cruise missle list is probably the top dog as far as squads go.

@HammerGibbens 

i have exclusively flown whisper and boba since i started playing 30 something games ago.

I can say that Firesprays can in some cases hold their own and are just slightly overcosted. I can also say that cruise missles are pretty nice on Boba but dont neccesarily feel a ton better than HLC with a target lock which doesnt need extra munitions in terms of that TL k turn combo. Or countermeasures for that matter.

I love flyig Boba :)

And I think Firesprays are a ton better than people give credit.

But boy does the Imperial version deserve a new title :)

Ideally something that allows it to fire Cannons from its rear arc and 1 green dice reroll. 

Basically a Defensive only Lone Wolf card with the rear arc Cannon bonus. 

Not in 360 like that poser Dash. 

Edited by Boom Owl

56 minutes ago, Velvetelvis said:

Obviously not an easy auto win. But...it's got the advantage over....everything I can think of right now.

Erasing trouble immediately seems pretty...pretty........pretty good. 

Unless you are pitched against the new rebel jankyard 2.0 with lohwwrick jess biggs rex.

it's almost impossible to kill anything but Rex, and then what?

36 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Unless you are pitched against the new rebel jankyard 2.0 with lohwwrick jess biggs rex.

Potential 15 dice on the first engagement should take out Biggs I would think?

5 Dice with Target Lock and Focus (Vader shooting first) has something like a 73% chance to get 4 hits, and 24% for 5.

Biggs could survive 2missiles if he rolls 2 natural evades vs both missiles, and Lowrider cancels a bunch of the hits and gives him the reinforce-evade, but then he's Low (hah) too and the 3rd missile can finish Biggs or, more likely, target someone else.

Then you just have your Aces without their missiles, which isn't a terrible place to be in vs that list.

Edited by HammerGibbens

41 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

But missiles can shoot whatever they want. Target lock ordnance gets around Biggs if you target lock someone other than him.

42 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Kill Rex and run. Rebel junkyard is slow and has zero repositioning. Winning 14-0 isn't great for your MOV but a win is a win.

8 minutes ago, nigeltastic said:

But missiles can shoot whatever they want. Target lock ordnance gets around Biggs if you target lock someone other than him.

Yes, but with Lohwwrick, selflessness and draw their fire it's literally impossible to do enough damage except for very extreme dice combinations

1 hour ago, HammerGibbens said:

Potential 15 dice on the first engagement should take out Biggs I would think?

Nope

let's assume you get 12 hits, at least 1 crit among them

Biggs can reduce to 10 by r4d6

-1 for draw their fire

-1 for the reinforce->evade

-0-6 for his natural dice rolls

-4 by selflessness

(edit: I forgot the astromech here! Another -1 of course!)

so even if biggs were to roll not a single evade with focus on 6 dice, he would survive with 1hp. And that's the worst case defender with a reasonable attacker case

Edited by GreenDragoon

1 minute ago, Goseki1 said:

Which ship is best to focus with the missiles then? 

I mean it is a fringe case of course, but one that will possibly gain popularity.

that being said Rex will probably not survive. 

-1 evade, -1 lohwrick evade, -1-4 selflessness, -1-3 draw their fire, -0-9 from his evades

if you're very unlucky even he survives, but there's at least a chance

1 minute ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Just nuke the wookie, why would you shoot your missiles at the ship best able to deal with them?

Target Locked missiles don't have to shoot biggs unless they want too

Was my first thought too.

but same thing: 12 damage

-3 from reinforce

That leaves 9 for 9 health. So without a crit (draw their fire) and without a single evade roll you could just do it.

apparently paul heaver playes selflessness on jess instead, and that version means the wookie will definitely survive (jess can take up to 4, and then there's only a possible max of 8 more damage for lowhhrick)

Just now, AngryAlbatross said:

@GreenDragoon I suppose you should just shoot whatever has selflessness equipped.  So the enemy can't use it.

Also if your really luck you could get 15 hits! Might mitigate that reinforce action!

Yes that's an option. So if Jess has selflessness:

12 damage on 6 hull

-1 reinforce evade

-0-6 green dice

-0-3 for draw their fire

-1 and discard integrated astromech

thats anything from 10 to 1 damage. But the chances to survive are still quite high.

But at least not guaranteed anymore.

(for completion: Lowhhrick with selflessness is the one mentioned above)

so Jess+Selflessness means she can die to an alphastrike. Maybe it's the right call against other lists, but clearly not against ImpAlphas

2 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Who would have known that Lohwwrick + Biggs was a bad idea. It's not like they talked about it in the preview article. It's almost as if they wanted to make sure that a rebel squad would win the next World....

2 hours ago, Velvetelvis said:

The 15 dice doesn't take out Biggs actually.

Just...I think everyone else.

It's Vader inquisitor and quivkdraw all at 11 cruise missles and chips.

Could you post the full build please? :-)

2 hours ago, MenaceNsobriety said:

Kill Rex and run. Rebel junkyard is slow and has zero repositioning. Winning 14-0 isn't great for your MOV but a win is a win.

Are you not being shot back at?  Assuming you kill Rex, you will still eat 3 3 dice Reds with (almost full) mods on a tokenless  4-5 health ship. Green dice blank. You have then swapped a 14 point ship for a 30+ point ship. Not a good trade. 

Pretty sure that Ketsu and Fearlessness Bossk has a good chance to kill a ship. Shadowcasters can also throw Biggs out of formation, which really hurts this list. 

Edited by Bonza