Sign in to follow this  
Stone37

FFG Homepage provides a good laugh...

On 7/26/2017 at 10:42 AM, Kieransi said:

Seems my post may have been just a tiny bit misunderstood!:D

I was kidding. There are always going to be those types of people but if you live in an area where the only games you can get in are with those types one things for sure you will be tournament ready. :lol:

On 7/26/2017 at 10:37 AM, Stone37 said:

Let's be honest here for a moment.  Sometimes, yes, the player is the problem and everyone else responds to the player's attitude.  But let's not give the average LGS a pass either. Most, yes MOST, game store I walk into around my town (and places I visit out of state) look run down, smell bad, and have an overall unfriendly appeal to them.  They look more like a high school kid's messy bedroom than a department store.  (If your LGS is not this way, fantastic... but the stereotype exists for a reason.)  I personally do not want to play or shop under such conditions.  Any game (or game company) that forces me to support such stores will lose my business.  

I know a few readers of the forum stopped really reading this post a few lines in and the personal attacks are coming.  I personally don't care where or how people want to play their games.  It is a wonderful vehicle that brings humanity together and builds relationships.  Some might rather have "game nights" with friends at home.  I personally would love to see FFG support bars that have game nights. (This isn't going to happen because a bar will not dedicate a 3rd or more of its space to "gaming".)  Others enjoy the very atmosphere that turns me off to game stores.  And that's fine.  My complaint is aimed at any company that tells me I "should" or have to buy and play a game at the approved LGS.   

Don't you live in Orlando iirc?  If you do shoot me a PM, I can recommend at least one really good store to you!