Sign in to follow this  
Whippoorwills

[Empire] You're not allowed to shoot

Could this list work? Maybe RAC is better that Stridan. Give blinded pilot with Kylo and always flip it back with Lt. Colzet. Whisper is there just to hammer down your opponent.

New Squadron (99)

Lieutenant Colzet — TIE Advanced 23
Accuracy Corrector 0
TIE/x1 0
Ship Total: 23

Major Stridan — Upsilon-class Shuttle 32
Kylo Ren 3
Kylo Ren's Shuttle 2
Ship Total: 37

"Whisper" — TIE Phantom 32
Veteran Instincts 1
Fire-Control System 2
Advanced Cloaking Device 4
Ship Total: 39

The issue; would be getting that first critical damage through, the advanced targeting computer would help with that.

Also you are paying a price for Stridan for his ability and that built doesn't capitalize on it; maybe look at another crew carrier; or dropping down to the lowest Upsilon.

The fundamentals could work; once that first blinded pilot is dealt have Colzet follow that ship round like a bad penny.

This would be savage against two ship builds.

But you really wanna remove the random chance for that crit. 

I would be interested to know how you get one with this once on the mat.

I've seen a build with Colzet and RAC that has the same idea, but Colzet has FCS.  On RAC, he had palp and Kylo.  He would Kylo a ship as soon as he was in range and palp a crit.  As soon as he hit the first crit thru, colzet would TL him using his ability.  It's brutal against a 2 ship list.

I think if you get that first crit right away, than you're in good shape, but there is very little in the list to guarantee it.  You're completely relying on the dice, which, as we all know, can be fickle.

I am very much a fan of Colzet with the Fire Control System.

Perhaps Replace Whisper with an Aggressor with Twin Laser Turret, like this:

Double Edge, Ruthlessness, Twin Laser Turret, Assault Missiles, Munitions Failsafe, XX-23 S-thread Tracers.  35points.  

The Twin Laser lets you skirt in a point if damage and Colzet flips it up.   The opposing player may focus on burning the Upsilon down eliminate Kylo.  

Colzet with Fire Control System, all he has to do is make an attack, and he can focus on evading every round.  

42 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I am very much a fan of Colzet with the Fire Control System.

Perhaps Replace Whisper with an Aggressor with Twin Laser Turret, like this:

Double Edge, Ruthlessness, Twin Laser Turret, Assault Missiles, Munitions Failsafe, XX-23 S-thread Tracers.  35points.  

The Twin Laser lets you skirt in a point if damage and Colzet flips it up.   The opposing player may focus on burning the Upsilon down eliminate Kylo.  

Colzet with Fire Control System, all he has to do is make an attack, and he can focus on evading every round.  

Maybe, but you'll now have to deal with shields, and since it's regular damage, you don't know what crit you're getting, which is the whole point of Kylo.  You need something to guarantee a crit, like mercenary co-pilot, or a score to settle.  Which would be tough with whisper, but there are some options that work with them.  I mentioned RAC earlier too.