Darkcloak

The Wave I Joined Them

13 minutes ago, Rat of Vengence said:

I love to see a post that recognises a change in the meta, but DOESN'T whinge and whine about it! A rare breed!

Good write up there thanks mate :)

RoV

If someone ever complains about this game, they're inherently wrong. Isn't that right, RoV?

1 minute ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

If someone ever complains about this game, they're inherently wrong. Isn't that right, RoV?

Not at all kiddo, it's just when they can't admit there is a difference between their opinion and facts. Salty.

:)

Now did you really want to bring your infantile argument into this thread also, or can we leave it where it started?

RoV

Same here, Nym loved AC w/auto-blaster turret and was able to close in and run down TIE-Aggressors, those ship are surprisingly slow for a TIE which makes them easy to catch. Despite only lasting for 5 turns over two games my aggressor was still able to score 9 hits so they have teeth, just no defense in this meta.

12 minutes ago, Chibi-Nya said:

Translation: "I was an imperial player, but I have now embraced the SCUM".

The cost of betraying the emperor... Is your life! Let's see how long you can run away from the Empire!

Considering the Empire is gone, pretty easy. Unless the 1stOrder is going to do something about it instead of build another planetary sized superweapon.

5 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Something being op doesn't mean it doesn't lose.  Actually, it usually loses about 40% of the time.  But it does win 60%. 

This just implies the scale in a total vaccum isn't balanced  at a 4/10 ratio; not that it's OP.

Over Powered means;

"To affect so strongly as to make helpless or ineffective" 

I would take 40% chance as winning as good odds.

OP does kinda mean; it can't be beaten.

Edited by the1hodgy

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

by george, he's got it!

yeah, once you actually get around to playing the flounder crab you realize he ain't exactly a jumpmaster especially for how expensive he is

To me it seems like a Scum Norra, similar health and stats but different shenanigans. The thing is that in a joust the Skurrg (especially with autoblasters) will almost always lose. Heck I've seen a tie swarm down one of these and their popularity means that two die attack ships are (very slightly) slightly more viable now. I don't think he's an NPE or an instant win. He has some power creep but seems pretty balanced, he's where a new wave should be, not phasing out the last meta, but impacting and influencing it with viable alternatives and solutions.

26 minutes ago, the1hodgy said:

This just implies the scale in a total vaccum isn't balanced  at a 4/10 ratio; not that it's OP.

Over Powered means;

"To affect so strongly as to make helpless or ineffective" 

I would take 40% chance as winning as good odds.

OP does kinda mean; it can't be beaten.

U right, above average doesn't equal OP, I think that people just have to fly differently now (at least where Nym is concerned) you have to learn range control or just straight up joust him. i think he's a cool new space pancake and I hope to see more of him, he's fun to play with or against as it feels like a winnable (albeit sometimes uphill) battle (at least IMO) and those are the best kind ;)

My favorite; times in X-Wing is just after a new wave drops. 

When there are new ships; that no one knows how to counter. The trial and error process of facing them; getting teeth knocked out, going back and rebuilding list 

The feeling of going back and then doing damaging or winning is amazing, the sense of accomplishment is sweet.

To me; this is what makes X-Wing great, it's always evolving and there is always a new big bad to slay.

ironically ive only won any tournaments with imps. I ran the Denym build at a storechamp with 44people and went 3-2 because my dice went insanely cold the last 2 games (before you go "Oh youre just blaming dice" no it literally was dice. Nym got crippled at R3 through a rock with a focus from 2 3die attacks in one game, Dengar never had more than 2 hits out of 5+ 4die shots and around 10 3die attacks despite having expertise + TL in the same game, and Dengar literally never rolled a single evade in another even with 4 defense dice).

i think my dice noticed i was rolling for Scum and turned on me is what it was.

Well we all knew that TIE Aggressors won't be anything too exciting. They are basically the Y-Wing of Empire, with their own twist. They are weaker, more agile and faster. They are alright ships, they give turret to Empire nothing less nothing more. 

I have played against them several times already and I was able to drop them off pretty fast if I wanted, in this case I needed because they had TLT's and were my priority targets before they chew my Protectorates.

Small turret ships usually end up being priority targets so that's just how it is. Not sure if you should expect long life for them.

Aggressors are a cute little niche ship that gives a nice filler or a weak TLT spam list; B team mostly. The Scrug is something that you can build a list with and make it the core or the balance to an A list. This is where the real salt lies; apart from a RAC, the Empire doesn't have a truly versatile tough ship with real good upgrade to build a list around, as the shuttles struggle to fly with anything that has a usable dial. 

2 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

Aggressors are a cute little niche ship that gives a nice filler or a weak TLT spam list; B team mostly. The Scrug is something that you can build a list with and make it the core or the balance to an A list. This is where the real salt lies; apart from a RAC, the Empire doesn't have a truly versatile tough ship with real good upgrade to build a list around, as the shuttles struggle to fly with anything that has a usable dial. 

:angry:IMP%2BRAIDER%2BNDV%2BBLUE.PNG:wub: