Sign in to follow this  
IG88E

Technical problem with Vassal - Freeze of name in main room

Maybe someone here knows the problem and can help:

So it happens that my name freezes (no reaction) when I am in the main room looking for a game. Then I can re-enter the room, but my name is still there, so I am doubled then. Is this a known problem? What can I do?

Thx ;)

This sometimes happens to me when I lose connection to the server, but other than that, it has never happened as you describe it. Though I often have to wait quite some time when entering a room to actually be prompted which side I'd want to play. 

4 hours ago, IG88E said:

Maybe someone here knows the problem and can help:

So it happens that my name freezes (no reaction) when I am in the main room looking for a game. Then I can re-enter the room, but my name is still there, so I am doubled then. Is this a known problem? What can I do?

Thx ;)

I have had this issue happen to me twice. 

In each case, it was due to server connection loss. Both times, I was basically just sitting in a room waiting for an opponent and wound up with 15 minutes of inactivity. 

I solve it by restarting the whole client. Eventually, the duplicate name goes away.