atkrull

TIE Silencer: Kylo Ren Interceptor

5 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Id rather see Kylo stay at ps 6 just so Soontir and Carnor are still relevant.  Not every ship needs to have a ps7+ ace.

No, not everyship. But if this is suppose to fly like Imp Aces, it needs at least a ps7 to compete with the others out there.

22 minutes ago, Chibi-Nya said:

I've mostly seen the Bounty Hunters in action in comics. I guess Soontir is mostly novels.

Don't know if any is really "well-known".

16 minutes ago, RogueLeader42 said:

Dengar, Bossk, Zuckus: Bounty Hunter trilogy and movie tie-in short story collections.
Corran: X-Wing Series
Soontir: Hand of Thrawn, several short stories and Han Solo Trilogy

Well known by the people who are into reading the novels.
The miniature game has made them more known to people who are not so much into reading SW novels.

Soontir actually was introduced in the comics (x-wing comic series) but does indeed show up in several books as well (and his son is a prominent character later).

Corran also shows up in I, Jedi and later on is another prominent character in the NJO and beyond

10 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Soontir actually was introduced in the comics (x-wing comic series) but does indeed show up in several books as well (and his son is a prominent character later).

Corran also shows up in I, Jedi and later on is another prominent character in the NJO and beyond

I know  ^^ My EU Novel collection is only missing a few books so thats not new to me ;)
i just wanted to make it short and simple.

50 minutes ago, RogueLeader42 said:

I don't think Kylo is a fighter ace.

And just make him PS9 because he is an important character is kinda dull :/

It's dull. I blame Disney for not investing in the development of antagonist characters. But it's either him, Phasma or some anonymous pilot that will get the PS8+. Which one do you prefer? 

5 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Would be nice. You'd need to put it on an upgrade card (Title? Modification? Tech?) - All you need to do is the inverse of the Havoc title - to prevent you taking unique astromechs (no-one would be happy giving imperial ships R2-D2 specifically, but the generic R2 shouldn't be a problem)- and you've at a stroke added a LOT of capability to the ships that can take it....

...you really would, wouldn't you? Imagine if it's a tech slot - a Special Forces TIE with [Astromech Refit] and R2 Astromech? That's one hell of a boost to the dial. Or R3 astromech and accuracy corrector. Finally, a combination that sort of works - roll attack dice, cancel any focus for an evade, then cancel anything left and go back to two hits. Repeat out of the auxiliary arc, at PS9. Then replenish the evades with quickdraw's revenge shots...

Why would we have to worry about the TIE/VN using old astromechs?   Just like the scum ones, there will be a new icon denoting these imperial Astromech.  

If there were to be Imperial Astromechs, they will be limited to two ships for the empire - the V-wing and the TIE/VN.  I doubt there will be an upgrade that allows any imperial ship to have an astromech.

sadly, all we know about this ship is its dimensions, Kylo Ren flies it, and it is called the Silencer.

21 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

TIE Silencer is a pretty cool name.  It is, of course, just another First Order rehash of an old ship, but it's at least a little more unique than the TIE/fo was.

With a name like that, I wonder if it has a cloaking device.

The whole thing (new movies) have been a rehash, so didn't expect anything less from them.

Agreed, Ep7 is actually my least favorite starwars movie. I honestly prefer the prequels, because Ep7 literally just feels like A New Hope v2.0 to me. Also has a ton of plot points that make 0 dang sense (Finn somehow knowing THAT much detail about the Starkiller base, Phasma not just sacrificing herself for the glory of the Empire so they couldnt shut the shields down, Kylo even if he was in an Emo Rage losing to someone who has 0 force training whatsoever ... just to name a few)

27 minutes ago, Odanan said:

It's dull. I blame Disney for not investing in the development of antagonist characters. But it's either him, Phasma or some anonymous pilot that will get the PS8+. Which one do you prefer? 

Honestly I'd prefer some mostly anonymous callsign. Why does every main character has to be a ace pilot? We have Chewie, Luke, Lando, etc. They are all good pilots but their strength lies somewere else. And this is portrayed in their pilot skill.
in the original trilogy we have three real aces: Vader, Wedge and Han.

And thats what I like about Wedge and Fel beeing PS9. They are the one in a quadrillion people who are talented as nobody else. A main character doesn't need to be an ace pilot.

And as long as Kylo isn't shown to be one it would be sad if he goes the cartoonish villian way and becomes the main-boss-best-in-everything-antagonist.

37 minutes ago, RogueLeader42 said:

Honestly I'd prefer some mostly anonymous callsign. Why does every main character has to be a ace pilot? We have Chewie, Luke, Lando, etc. They are all good pilots but their strength lies somewere else. And this is portrayed in their pilot skill.
in the original trilogy we have three real aces: Vader, Wedge and Han.

And thats what I like about Wedge and Fel beeing PS9. They are the one in a quadrillion people who are talented as nobody else. A main character doesn't need to be an ace pilot.

And as long as Kylo isn't shown to be one it would be sad if he goes the cartoonish villian way and becomes the main-boss-best-in-everything-antagonist.

Yeah, Rey is somehow godlike PS8 and she had never flown out of atmosphere. Sure, she trained a lot in a simulator but Academy graduates have to do the same. It's just JEDI SHENANIGANS!

3 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Agreed, Ep7 is actually my least favorite starwars movie. I honestly prefer the prequels, because Ep7 literally just feels like A New Hope v2.0 to me. 

That's fair.  But a rehash of New Hope is still better than what the prequels were.

3 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Kylo even if he was in an Emo Rage losing to someone who has 0 force training whatsoever

I really don't have a problem with this one because...he has a huge hole in his gut.

I would believe a normal person could beat a Jedi if that Jedi had been shot through the stomach first.

Edited by DarthEnderX

4 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

That's fair.  But a rehash of New Hope is still better than what the prequels were.

I really don't have a problem with this one because...he has a huge hole in his gut.

I would believe a normal person could be a Jedi if that Jedi had been shot through the stomach first.

Exactly this

Im always baffled byhow everyone going on about ren's handling of our protagonist forgot the goddamn bowcaster to the gut thing

Chewie is the real hero of ep 7

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

It's dull. I blamssney foting in  the developthiment of antagonist characters. But it's either him, Phasma or some anonymous pilot that will get the PS8+. Which one do you prefer? 

I would love Captain Phasma in this ship. Lets just hope that she gets some better screen time in this next movie.

Just now, Vineheart01 said:

Yet despite that gunshot wound he threw Rey aside with just tpsychologicallyRIGHT BEFORE THE FIGHT
Dafuq  happen to that? If uddenly cant do that somehonow i doubt he was able to fight even in the loosest sense.

Well, last great push and all that. Maybe Kylo uses that dark side power from KOTOR that drains life for force points and that bowcaster wound left him on too little hp. 

Its my justification for why Rey won that fight. Kylo was gravely injured, as well as psychologicslly traumatized. Rey wasnt seriously injured and fresh. 

George Lucas isn't involved in any of the Disney Star Wars movies.

Therefore they are by default better than the prequels. Say that Episode 7 is a rehash all you want, but it's a rehash of a great movie.

The less that George Lucas can ruin with his grubby, fat fingers the better. He even made a Special Edition for THX 1138. TIE Fighters were almost purple until someone stopped George Lucas.

Star Wars was supposed to begin with Luke and his friends on Tatooine. Due to being told by others what to do (some corporate movie studio that George Lucas hated and turned into), the movie begins the way it does and it's better for it. The beginning of the radio drama is always a slog to get through because it opens like the movie originally was going to.

Star Wars is only as good as it is because of people other than George Lucas.

Edited by SaltMaster 5000

22 hours ago, Joe Censored said:

Kylo's ability and skill level as a pilot for this ship will undoubtedly be based on what he actually does in the new movie.

Speaking of which, I don't get how they worked PS 6 for Kylo when piloting a shuttle, given that he does not pilot a shuttle in the movie. In fact, it's sort of preposterous for him to essentially do what an underling should be doing. A shuttle is not a ship for skilled pilots; if you're the big honcho, you don't drive your own limo.

18 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Is any force user in the game below PS8?

PS6 for force users who have no interest in flying- Kyle Katarn (he's a ground commando, not a starfighter pilot), Kylo Ren (before we found out he was Han's Son).

Findsman Zuckuss is PS7, and Assaj Ventress is 6

Edited by Rakaydos

6 minutes ago, Kumagoro said:

Speaking of which, I don't get how they worked PS 6 for Kylo when piloting a shuttle, given that he does not pilot a shuttle in the movie. In fact, it's sort of preposterous for him to essentially do what an underling should be doing. A shuttle is not a ship for skilled pilots; if you're the big honcho, you don't drive your own limo.

While conjecture, is it implicitly stated that Kylo does not, in fact, fly the shuttle?  We have someone that's direct relatives ALL have skill flying.  Han in the Millennium Falcon, Leia in a Naboo Starfighter, Luke in an X-Wing.   Someone who's whole life has been seeing out of a cockpit could very well want to fly the ship himself.   

I don't think the TIE Silencer will have a cloaking device.   I could see the Silencer having access to the JAM action though.   That would make for a nasty arc dodger type ship.  Jam the enemy, protect yourself for two rounds, or let the enemy have predictable moves.

6 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

While conjecture, is it implicitly stated that Kylo does not, in fact, fly the shuttle?  We have someone that's direct relatives ALL have skill flying.  Han in the Millennium Falcon, Leia in a Naboo Starfighter, Luke in an X-Wing.   Someone who's whole life has been seeing out of a cockpit could very well want to fly the ship himself.

It's like saying that the son of a car racing champion is more likely to drive a cab. Of course it makes sense for Kylo to be a pilot; of a TIE Silencer, not a shuttle. It wouldn't even be in the Empire's mindset: these are VIPs, they may fly fighters in battle, but they are flown around by their staff when riding transport ships. Picturing Vader or Palpatine flying a lambda is just silly, and it should be the same for Kylo Ren on an upsilon.

8 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I'm still thinking there is a chance that it has an imperial Astromech slot.   Not a big one, but the Lego leak implies that possibility.

Probably not.  Lego sets often come with lots of figure that have nothing to do with the actual model, like Grand Moff T. coming in an A-wing vs. TIE advanced battle set, or lando coming with the new a-wing.  If it did have one, though, I wonder if they would use an R4 head as its upgrade icon?