atkrull

TIE Silencer: Kylo Ren Interceptor

Would be nice. You'd need to put it on an upgrade card (Title? Modification? Tech?) - All you need to do is the inverse of the Havoc title - to prevent you taking unique astromechs (no-one would be happy giving imperial ships R2-D2 specifically, but the generic R2 shouldn't be a problem)- and you've at a stroke added a LOT of capability to the ships that can take it....

...you really would, wouldn't you? Imagine if it's a tech slot - a Special Forces TIE with [Astromech Refit] and R2 Astromech? That's one hell of a boost to the dial. Or R3 astromech and accuracy corrector. Finally, a combination that sort of works - roll attack dice, cancel any focus for an evade, then cancel anything left and go back to two hits. Repeat out of the auxiliary arc, at PS9. Then replenish the evades with quickdraw's revenge shots...

Edited by Magnus Grendel

9 hours ago, jmswood said:

"There is no other First Order craft like the TIE silencer, and it is an effective tool in Ren's mission to destroy the Resistance." - Hmmmm... even coming with 4 (unique?) pilots, this ship could have the unique dot on the ship name itself.

EDIT: Dang Mouse, you could have easily canonized the TIE Avenger here: "Reminiscent in design of the Empire's TIE interceptor and Darth Vader's TIE advanced, and an evolution of the later TIE avenger, Kylo Ren's TIE silencer is an angular fighter equipped with laser cannons and missile launchers."

Edited by Odanan

1 minute ago, Odanan said:

"There is no other First Order craft like the TIE silencer, and it is an effective tool in Ren's mission to destroy the Resistance." - Hmmmm... even coming with 4 (unique?) pilots, this ship could have the unique dot on the ship name itself.

If the crafts type is TIE Silencer, then it isn't unique.

If it's TIE/VN and the Silencer is Kylos own TIE/VN the title is unique.

Given that it was delivered as TIE Silencer i doubt thats his own ship name. Afaik none of the "unique" TIE ships are called "TIE *insert name here*" - if they said "Kylo's TIE, The Silencer" then it would definitely be the ship name and be a unique title.

edit: And truthfully i hope it DOESNT do that. All of the unique ship titles are either auto-include to where multiples of that ship are useless due to only 1 title being allowed or generally never used at all due to being kinda dull or worthless.
Last thing i want is another Virago sorta pos....

Edited by Vineheart01

15 minutes ago, Odanan said:

(insert funky dial here)

PS: the ability could change, I don't care.

PS: better giving PS 9 to Kylo than to an invented pilot.

The ability won't change, given FFG's precedents - same pilot, same faction, same era, different ship retains pilot ability. It's a nasty ability for an elusive ace, but much less predictable than it is on the shuttle, because 'the first time you are hit' is completely different to 'the first time you attack'...

Pilot skill might change - it depends if he's actually any good as a pilot (which we'll have to see). 6 is low for an interceptor but this thing (at least as we're assuming) is TIE defender tough so doesn't necessarily need to be in the hands of Soontir Fel.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

13 minutes ago, Odanan said:

[edited out picture because it's huge]

3/3/4/2 for 38pts is a bit expensive, no? I get that it's essentially a Defender (and Rexler is 37pt at PS8), but he needed the -2 and does not see a lot of play even then. Even though systems+tech would be great

33 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

3/3/4/2 for 38pts is a bit expensive, no? I get that it's essentially a Defender (and Rexler is 37pt at PS8), but he needed the -2 and does not see a lot of play even then. Even though systems+tech would be great

I do agree 38 may be a little pricey, but the dial on the Defender is a big limiting factor. They're amazing when you can fly in straight lines, less so if not. If a ship had an interceptor or similar dial/actions and Defender stats, it would be crazy expensive. Soontir is 27 before upgrades, and he has half as many HP.

I'd like to see an arc dodge with Defender stats. Sounds crazy, and I like that. Cuz I'm crazy.

Even if they do change Kylo's ability it will have to be REALLY good to see competitive play because he's PS 6. Whatever other named pilots with higher PS than Kylo will probably see much more play than Kylo on that factor alone.

Nice windshield, at least it's something original from Sienar.

Wasted opportunity to 'Avengerize' the wings.

Given the latter FFG treatment to imperials, I expect PS6, same ability, no focus on its action bar, torpedoes instead of missiles, red turns, and no EPT. A 0 point title will allow you to get a focus token whenever you perform a hard turn maneuver. 

4 minutes ago, RogueLeader42 said:

I don't think Kylo is a fighter ace.

And just make him PS9 because he is an important character is kinda dull :/

X-Wing did more for Dengar, Corran, Jake, Bossk, Zuckuss, Soontir, etc. (Making people interested in them) Than any of those obscure comic books ever could.

Edited by Chibi-Nya

2 minutes ago, Chibi-Nya said:

X-Wing did more for Dengar, Corran, Jake, Bossk, Zuckuss, Soontir, etc. (Making people interested in them) Than any of those obscure comic books ever could.

Obscure? Comic books?
Dengar, Corran, Bossk, Zuckus and Soontir had very prominent roles in some of the most known Star Wars novels.

Just now, RogueLeader42 said:

Obscure? Comic books?
Dengar, Corran, Bossk, Zuckus and Soontir had very prominent roles in some of the most known Star Wars novels.

I've mostly seen the Bounty Hunters in action in comics. I guess Soontir is mostly novels.

Don't know if any is really "well-known".

3 minutes ago, Chibi-Nya said:

I've mostly seen the Bounty Hunters in action in comics. I guess Soontir is mostly novels.

Don't know if any is really "well-known".

Dengar, Bossk, Zuckus: Bounty Hunter trilogy and movie tie-in short story collections.
Corran: X-Wing Series
Soontir: Hand of Thrawn, several short stories and Han Solo Trilogy

Well known by the people who are into reading the novels.
The miniature game has made them more known to people who are not so much into reading SW novels.

10 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Dengar being a higher PS than Boba clearly means they'll fudge around with the numbers for the hell of it.

Theres something unsettling about someone flying a giant, asymmetrical toilet seat just as well as Han Solo or Vader

Well it's established in the EU that Dengar is the better pilot but Boba is the better bounty hunter overall.

Edited by RogueLeader42

4 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Dengar being a higher PS than Boba clearly means they'll fudge around with the numbers for the hell of it.

Theres something unsettling about someone flying a giant, asymmetrical toilet seat just as well as Han Solo or Vader

In the books it clearly stated that Dengar was a better pilot than Boba. Boba was a much better bounty hunter and smarter. Dengar was a rival to Han in his youth and said to be his equal as a pilot so the pilot skill fits the lore.