atkrull

TIE Silencer: Kylo Ren Interceptor

4 hours ago, kris40k said:

It may include some cross-over fix cards for the TIE/in, we can hope, like they added Integrated Astromech in with the T-70.

If it added cross-over fix cards, they would be something like "TIE only". This is no TIE Interceptor, or TIE "Advanced" Interceptor: this is TIE Silencer, a complete "new" ship.

TIE Silencer:

10 Attack

1 Agility

1 Hull

1 Shield

Jumpmaster dial but all green.

TIE Forum Silencer Title:

"Kylo Ren's Fake Bad Guy Temper"

At the start of combat if you are at range 1-3 of a Jumpmaster the opposing player must remove their Jumpmaster. The opposing player may perform a free purchase and select any other ship or ships from the shelf of their FLGS as a replacement. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Reaching here, but i want to see ffg take "silence" as a game concept and incorporate it into the silencer

I.e, after fufilling some condition, the ship would basically wipe out all of an enemy's special capablities ESPECIALLY pilot ability

It would be a unique mechanic, bring a unique control gimmick to imperials AND deal with some pretty obvious problem pilots

Slap the rules onto a Knight of Ren title for fluff

Edited by ficklegreendice

I wonder if this thing is going to be unique to Kylo Ren (in the movies) or if it will be the standard ship for the Knights of Ren. If the latter, we might get an Imperial ship with only unique pilots, like the ARC-170. It would be cool to field a squadron of 3-4 Knights of Ren. Maybe they'd get something akin to the IG-2000 title where they are stronger with each additional pilot.

3 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

And for everyone comparing this to the interceptor (which it does at least LOOK like), this thing double the length

The Empire has a distinct lack of high upgrade count heavy assault fighters, which this guy would seem to be.  Scum and Rebels can have bombers with full upgrade bars that moveone fighters if the First Order can have heavy fighters with full upgrade bars that punch like Scum heavies.

I'm predicting something along the lines of:

Tie Silencer Generic, PS2

3 Attack

3 Evade

3 Hull

2 Shield

Focus, Target Lock, Evade, Barrel Roll

Tech, System, Missile

With a dial similar to the TIE Advanced, but with 1 hards, better greens, and s-loops. The point cost for the base could be 25. It's just a slightly harder-hitting TIE Advanced with a better dial. It'd be really wild if they went as far as 4 attack. 

I can imagine a title that gives it access to cloaking, but if that's the case, the stats would be wildly different. It might end up being a less punchy, more durable TIE Phantom.

This is the TIE Avenger from the Star Wars: TIE Fighter game.

687474703a2f2f6436686f6c6f63726f6e2e636f

The TIE Avenger and the Upsilon-class shuttle had a baby, it seems.

This ship had: 4 laser cannons, 2 missile launchers, fast recharging shields, very weak hull, optional tractor beam.
And it was the precursor of the TIE Defender.

So perhaps a 3/3/3/2 with regenerating shields, missile icon, title to equip a tractor beam, and a dial between the TIE/v1 and the TIE/x7?

Edited by Azrapse

Im hoping

3 attack

4 hull (like the striker which has the same size)

2 Shields (like the advanced)

3 Agility

Boost, focus, TL, broll

2x Rockets, systems, tech

Advanced dial with 3banks and 3turns and 4 straight green. 2 3-segnors.

So statwise close to the defender, dialwise a mixture of the advanced, fo and the interceptor, but faster.

An Interceptor at roughly 27 points for the ps3 generic.

No evade, so intensity is an option.

Either "TIE Interceptor and Silencer only", or "TIE Only, you may only equip if you have boost." (don't forget the TIE Advanced Prototype!)

I look forward to seeing what they do with it.

• It's either going to be a "First Order Interceptor" or "First Order Defender" - probably more the latter, especially given that the TIE/sf is the first order's "Heavy Fighter/Bomber".
  • The TIE/fo already essentially has a TIE interceptor's dial, so making it different will require a bit of thought.
  • I'd agree with speed 3 greens for turns; that (as with the lancer) makes it feel 'faster'. Alternatively, something akin to Snap Wexley's ability or adaptive ailerons which gives it an extra move when already going fast? Unless you want to staple a copy of push the limit to the card, you have the same issue that all small ships have had for a while - unless you dedicate your action to boost, large based ships - especially those with boost or barrel roll - are faster than you because of the way manoeuvre templates work. Making it a "first order super-heavy TIE striker" might be an interesting idea; the whole "can't slow down evar!!!!" actually makes TIE strikers more of an interesting challenge to fly than Interceptors (to me, at least).
  • 3/3/4/2 sounds about right. Much more than 6 hit points doesn't feel right on a small base unless we're talking unwieldy stuff like Y-wings.
  • The number of missile slots depends;  I can't see you wanting to fly this thing as a bomber, so a single missile slot is probably fine (it's not like unguided rockets are tempting because surely to god this thing has 3 attack). Proton Rockets are going to be tempting, though.
  • Evade actually sounds like a decent idea; at the moment, the TIE/fo is the only ship which can make meaningful use of the Comm relay.  You could, again, connect the evade to a condition (either with intensity or something akin to TIE/x7 or TIE/v1)

Also....

Why does TIE Silencer shorten to TIE/vn?

Edited by Magnus Grendel

12 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Tie Avenger -> Tie Vengeance -> Tie/VN -> The mouse says change the name -> Tie Silencer Tie/VN

or the chassis is a TIE/Vengeance and Kylo's personal version is called the Silencer?

I'd say TIE/Vanguard and Silencer is the title of Rens personal fighter.

And of course it'a TIE Avanger expy. Which in no way says we'd never see the Avenger. It's likely it's the First Order Avenger (you can make some connections between the sound of Avenger and Vanguard) and we get a Canon imperial Avenger in some other media.

Seither way my TIE/VN get modded and repainted into TIE/Avengers.

7 hours ago, Odanan said:

>:(

Just ignore him; the poor guy doesn't even know how to use hashtags properly.

3 hours ago, Azrapse said:

This is the TIE Avenger from the Star Wars: TIE Fighter game.

Kylo's Silencer looks a bit closer to fractalsponge's beautiful Avenger rendering:

818b9dc5f0ee23254077f482d7093db4.jpg

ab6c5c5299e83e706bb27438106032ee.jpg

The silenger has a similar central section, but with the "squashed" cockpit from the original Avenger model and slightly longer wings.  It's a shame there's no split wings at the back as well, but close enough!