atkrull

TIE Silencer: Kylo Ren Interceptor

Oh man ISYTDS from an evade tanking arc dodger 1-on-1 in the end game would ruin people.  Lower PS would potentially be a benefit because you get to apply the condition before you shoot back.

18 minutes ago, Stevey86 said:

There has yet to be a ship with more than 4 native actions on it's bar. I don't expect this to change.

But you're right, with it having missiles 2 of those will undoubtedly be Focus and Target Lock. Which means it'll have no evade, or be missing one of the boost/barrel roll.

They can simply throw additional actions onto a title card. 

1 minute ago, Parakitor said:

Woah. Why is that TIE/sf shooting blue? Could it...could it be MagPulse?!

How similar is it to the missiles shot at Finn/Poe when fleeing the first order destroyer in ep 7?

11 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Kylo's current ability, on a ship that can evade tank, makes him someone who punishes being targetted. You miss him, ATC Colzet or Palp Deci is going to ruin your day. You leave him alive, he's an arcdodger in endgame.

Kylo's current pilot ability is on hit, which would suck on an evade tank. Now, if they changed it to the first ship that attacks, instead of hit, it could work on it.

Swx60-kylo-ren.png?_t=1487472129

Edited by kris40k

I feel like "TIE Silencer" is a little too late 90s/early 00s EDGY, though that kind of fits Kylo Ren's black trenchcoat aesthetic. TIE/VN is acceptable, though I wish I knew what it stood for. "Silencer" could be Kylo's unique ship. 

8 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

How similar is it to the missiles shot at Finn/Poe when fleeing the first order destroyer in ep 7?

Well, those were ventral cannons, and clearly the TIE/sf is shooting the blue thing from its ventral surface, so you may be on to something. It's just that the missiles from the destroyer seemed too big to be held inside a starfighter imo.

7 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Kylo's current pilot ability is on hit, which would suck on an evade tank. Now, if they changed it to the first ship that attacks, instead of hit, it could work on it.

Swx60-kylo-ren.png?_t=1487472129

I wouldnt nessisarally agree. Because of the once per round restriction, you want to limit how often it triggers, which an evade tank with Comm relay does rather well.

4 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

I wouldnt nessisarally agree. Because of the once per round restriction, you want to limit how often it triggers, which an evade tank with Comm relay does rather well.

Interceptors don't survive being actually hit much. It works on the Upsilon because it has 12 hps to chew through. A Interceptor, assuming with an expected 3 hull and 1 shield, is going to want to avoid being hit at all. Its counter productive to the ships role.

Otherwise you may get one use out of it, before the second hit removes Kylo off the board.

Evade tanks do not count as being hit when they successfully evade an attack; it would not trigger Kylo as currently written.

Edited by kris40k

Just now, kris40k said:

Interceptors don't survive being actually hit much. It works on the Upsilon because it has 12 hps to chew through. A Interceptor, assuming with an expected 3 hull and 1 shield, is going to want to avoid being hit at all. Its counter productive to the ships role.

Otherwise you may get one use out of it, before the second hit removes Kylo off the board.

We're assuming this ship comes with an Intercepter fix, for thematic similarity. If that fix improves the intercepter's durability, the Silencer may last longer than you'd expect.

Also, I'd think they'd use the Tie Advance as a baseline instead of shield upgrade royal guard.

Just now, Rakaydos said:

We're assuming this ship comes with an Intercepter fix, for thematic similarity. If that fix improves the intercepter's durability, the Silencer may last longer than you'd expect.

Also, I'd think they'd use the Tie Advance as a baseline instead of shield upgrade royal guard.

Fair enough; if you are expecting an upgraded TIE Adv (instead of the upgrade to the TIE Interceptor) which would probably be like 3 hull, 3 shield, 3 agility with the Evade action and possible Comm Relay, then I agree, something that tough could take a couple punches.

The ship looks great, personally I think it will be more closely linked with the Tie advanced than the interceptor, would be cool if it's title card matched the Advanced Targetting computer systems card. Also will be interesting to see if any of the Tie F/o or Tie S/f pilots migrate over to this ship or if they will all be new. 

12 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

I feel like "TIE Silencer" is a little too late 90s/early 00s EDGY, though that kind of fits Kylo Ren's black trenchcoat aesthetic. TIE/VN is acceptable, though I wish I knew what it stood for. "Silencer" could be Kylo's unique ship. 

Just a shot in the dark, but what if TIE/VN stood for TIE/Vengeance?

In any case, it will inevitably be in X-wing, and I'd like to see it as a hybrid of the advanced and the phantom - missiles sound cool on what should be a maneuverable platform. How about an action bar of; focus, target lock, cloak, re-enforce

As to the MagPulse, they are mentioned by Poe as being part of the armourment of the TIE/SF that he and Finn hijacked in TFA, so there is hope they will finally make it into the game.

For the TIE Silencer, I'm guessing it will be a title - as to what it adds, maybe a system slot and some form of Advanced cloak? Or possibly a free boost/barrel roll?

31 minutes ago, Joe Censored said:

They can simply throw additional actions onto a title card. 

True but but there are ways of getting action like abilities.  For example TIE/v1 gives you an evade token when you target lock and there is no evade action on the TIE Adv Prototype.  Also Adaptive Ailerons is essentially a pre-move boost action for the TIE Striker without having the boost action.

43 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Kylo's current ability, on a ship that can evade tank, makes him someone who punishes being targetted. You miss him, ATC Colzet or Palp Deci is going to ruin your day. You leave him alive, he's an arcdodger in endgame.

Yeah.  That's what I'm thinking.  I've messed around with Kylo pilot a little, and an interceptor-type with that would be nasty.  The squad practically writes itself.  Kylo handing out ISYTDS, Quickdraw with ASTS and Backdraft as wingmates handing out crits.  All bad targets, all (probably) high PS, and pretty fluffy as well.  It all depemds on points, of course, but unless the new ship is just way better than an interceptor, I see it working out. 

29 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Evade tanks do not count as being hit when they successfully evade an attack; it would not trigger Kylo as currently written.

I think it becomes more selective.  Say it's got a shield to work with.  You get hit by a nasty ace, and you say "I'll lose a shield to drop your PS to 0".  You use tokens selectively to control who gets jacked.

9 minutes ago, Chibi-Nya said:

Isn't blue an Ion cannon?

Yess...ish? The most notable exception is the Ion Cannon on the surface of Hoth, which fires red bolts in The Empire Strikes Back. Also, the card art for Ion Cannon shows a pop-out gun on a Firespray shooting red lasers. The original use of blue for ion cannons was, I believe, in X-wing PC game. But on-screen depictions of ion weapons are rarely blue. In fact, the only one I can think of is the Jawa's little handheld ion gun which they use to disable R2-D2 in A New Hope

The image could very well be any kind of missile. Homing Missiles (Attack of the Clones) and missiles shot from the "ventral cannons" (The Force Awakens) both have blue exhaust. I just really have my hopes up that we'll get MagPulse in this game.

Here is hoping that as a space superiority fighter it has some shield regeneration - which would make Kylo truly scary.  

Maybe it will be a cross between a defender and a interceptor.   Going by the Lego leak, there is a good chance, totally conjecture, that this ship will have an astromech slot!  The Lego set comes with BB-9E.   Now the Lego set also comes with a trooper and pilot I think, but potentially an Imperial Astromech?!  Yes please!