atkrull

TIE Silencer: Kylo Ren Interceptor

First Order Interceptor, Title, 0pts: Tie/VN and Tie/In only.  Your upgrade bar gains a tech slot. When you reveal a ___ speed maneuver you may treat it as a troll(or sloop.  Either will do). You may equip a second title.

Silencer, title, 2pts, Tie/VN: your action bar gains cloak. 

7 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Gotcha.    And going by the pictures, looks like it's the TIE/VN :P

Like I say; really up for more interceptor goodies. Personally I love the ship design; I'd just hate to see the old interceptors disappear... oh, wait...

Did I just see a unicorn or soontir fel?

:P 

Edited by Smutpedler

13 minutes ago, Smutpedler said:

I'd like some new interceptor goodies just don't want Fel's Wrath to be power crept out the game :P

Don't you worry your pretty little head. I am sure that Fel's Wrath will remain exactly the same place it has been in the ranks of ships used. ;)

4 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

...a little long for a TIE Fighter, don't you think?

1 minute ago, BoxerlessBossk said:

Might be the longest yet. But still a small base.

TIE/sk is 17.18m

It's long but its well within expected size.

My bet (for generic PS2 pilot) is:
Stats: 3/3/3/1
Actions: Focus / Evade / Boost / Br. (Cloak as a mod. card)
Upgrage: Tech / Missile / System
Cost: 21 points.

Edited by Frodos

To update on the RAC math from earlier. The first 3 dice have an expected Damage of 1.5 . Then 1 of the dice is also allowed to land on focus, which increases it's damage from 0.5 to 0.75. Added up, expected average damage is 2.25, same as with Focus or TL, except that there's higher odds of a crit.

Edited by Chibi-Nya

Kylo's ability and skill level as a pilot for this ship will undoubtedly be based on what he actually does in the new movie. 

My guess is this ship will be slightly less maneuverable than a TIE/In while having more upgrade slots, shields, and some unique trick up its sleeve. 

20 minutes ago, Frodos said:

Actions: Focus / Evade / Boost / Br. (Cloak as a mod. card)/Target Lock

Fixed that for you.

FO ships have TL; as well, having a missle ship without TL would be unwise.

Just because we haven't seen the same pilot with two different abilities within the same faction yet doesn't mean that there's a hard and fast rule preventing the designers from doing it. I really hope that the Kylo we get piloting this ship - obviously an arc dodger - will have a higher PS and different ability. 

1 minute ago, kris40k said:
22 minutes ago, Frodos said:

Actions: Focus / Evade / Boost / Br. (Cloak as a mod. card)/Target Lock

Fixed that for you.

FO ships have TL; as well, having a missle ship without TL would be unwise.

There has yet to be a ship with more than 4 native actions on it's bar. I don't expect this to change.

But you're right, with it having missiles 2 of those will undoubtedly be Focus and Target Lock. Which means it'll have no evade, or be missing one of the boost/barrel roll.

9 minutes ago, Stevey86 said:

There has yet to be a ship with more than 4 native actions on it's bar. I don't expect this to change.

But you're right, with it having missiles 2 of those will undoubtedly be Focus and Target Lock. Which means it'll have no evade, or be missing one of the boost/barrel roll.

They could skirt the issue with a title again, like they did with the TAP and /v1, but honestly, that is just sloppy in my opinion. They just need to add more actions to the bar.

Maybe a 0pts title that adds Target Lock and a Missile Slot.

Kylo's current ability, on a ship that can evade tank, makes him someone who punishes being targetted. You miss him, ATC Colzet or Palp Deci is going to ruin your day. You leave him alive, he's an arcdodger in endgame.

1 hour ago, VanderLegion said:

None of the ships from the new movies have shown up as "just" titles.  Why would that change now?  And it's clearly a different ship from the tie interceptor, so it'll absolutely be a new ship.

It could just as easily be a Tie/VN with "silencer" title adding points and goodies.......