Jump to content
atkrull

TIE Silencer: Kylo Ren Interceptor

Recommended Posts

Guest *SOLAR FLARE

Looks great. This must get an x-wing release!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine this new interceptor will cost more than the old one so if you're strapped for points you'll still choose the old. Also, Kylo's pilot ability in an interceptor platform just does not sound great at all. Currently, every time we have had the same pilot in more than one chassis they've had the same ability as long as they are in the same faction. Also, he's PS 6. Hoping for some other, better unique pilots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really a question of will it be available before or after the movie. Personally, with what happened with Poe's initial release and the outcry to get the more movie accurate version, I would rather they wait until after the movie so they can make sure the ship/pilots match its screen performance. It's going to be expensive if it's an interceptor with shields, think the Ace will be at least as much as PS9 Poe if not more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kris40k said:

It may include some cross-over fix cards for the TIE/in, we can hope, like they added Integrated Astromech in with the T-70.

Going to be tricky to do, this time, as while it's obviously VISUALLY cued off the TIE Interceptor, there is nothing in the name that suggests that connection.

"Sienar Jaemus TIE/VN Space Superiority Fighter" aka 'TIE Silencer' has absolutely no naming overlap with 'TIE Interceptor' at all.  So...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spartan1128 said:

I imagine this new interceptor will cost more than the old one so if you're strapped for points you'll still choose the old. Also, Kylo's pilot ability in an interceptor platform just does not sound great at all. Currently, every time we have had the same pilot in more than one chassis they've had the same ability as long as they are in the same faction. Also, he's PS 6. Hoping for some other, better unique pilots!

Yeah I wouldn't run Kylo with his pilot skill/ability on this. But there's probably a better one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Going to be tricky to do, this time, as while it's obviously VISUALLY cued off the TIE Interceptor, there is nothing in the name that suggests that connection.

"Sienar Jaemus TIE/VN Space Superiority Fighter" aka 'TIE Silencer' has absolutely no naming overlap with 'TIE Interceptor' at all.  So...

TIE Interceptor and TIE Silencer Only.

RE:

latest?cb=20160906143400

Edited by kris40k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spartan1128 said:

I imagine this new interceptor will cost more than the old one so if you're strapped for points you'll still choose the old. Also, Kylo's pilot ability in an interceptor platform just does not sound great at all. Currently, every time we have had the same pilot in more than one chassis they've had the same ability as long as they are in the same faction. Also, he's PS 6. Hoping for some other, better unique pilots!

Sabine has a different ability in two different ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Going to be tricky to do, this time, as while it's obviously VISUALLY cued off the TIE Interceptor, there is nothing in the name that suggests that connection.

"Sienar Jaemus TIE/VN Space Superiority Fighter" aka 'TIE Silencer' has absolutely no naming overlap with 'TIE Interceptor' at all.  So...

I thought Silencer was just his specific ship. Maybe the generics are just TIE/fo Interceptors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, Oberron said:

Sabine has a different ability in two different ships.

Only when she crosses faction to scum.  Both rebel ssabine pilots have the same pilot ability.  So far every pilot with multiple versions has had the same ability if int he same faction, different ability when changing faction (or subfaction).  Han (and chewie) got a new ability changing to resistance, boba/kath got new abilities changing to scum, maarek kept his ability moving to the defender, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smutpedler said:

Scilencer could show up as a tittle. Who knows? The ship looks cool and will 100% turn up in x-wing (see: quad jumper). I'd like some new interceptor goodies just don't want Fel's Wrath to be power crept out the game :P 

None of the ships from the new movies have shown up as "just" titles.  Why would that change now?  And it's clearly a different ship from the tie interceptor, so it'll absolutely be a new ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, FrightfulCommand said:

Int withmissiles is gonna be good. Cruise missiles. Sadly makes the original int quite obsolete. 

Unlikely. The Interceptor will likely be a fair bit cheaper to put in a list than a fancy smancy TIE Silencer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VanderLegion said:

None of the ships from the new movies have shown up as "just" titles.  Why would that change now?  And it's clearly a different ship from the tie interceptor, so it'll absolutely be a new ship.

Perhaps the ship will show up as a TIE/FOIN CHDSYUUNRS or whatever. With a tittle calling it the scilencer. Kinda like the upsilon and kylos shuttle thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...