Sign in to follow this  
Mirith

Honored Invitiational Event

Considering you need to provide your own travel to London, and only 1 month notice...  Its only really a contest for people who live in Europe - and possibly as a way of making up for Gencon being a North America based event.

Anyone who can get there deserves 3 core sets because they might not get a store release until 2 months after the games NA release lol

Edited by shosuko

2 minutes ago, shosuko said:

Considering you need to provide your own travel to London, and only 1 month notice...  Its only really a contest for people who live in Europe - and possibly as a way of making up for Gencon being a North America based event.

Anyone who can get there deserves 3 core sets because they might not get a store release until 2 months after the games NA release lol

I agree on the Europe thing.  Though I have heard complaints that it is in the UK and not the mainland.

10 minutes ago, shosuko said:

My store expects having the game end of September, even the localized version (Italy). Seems that they are aiming at a global roll-out, thanks to Asmodee

5 minutes ago, franzvong said:

My store expects having the game end of September, even the localized version (Italy). Seems that they are aiming at a global roll-out, thanks to Asmodee

I'll be glad if that happens!  I've heard people in Europe having issues getting the Arkham Horrors LCG.

1 hour ago, Mirith said:

Note of things that aren't /as/ time consuming, you can either make food or write a story or a haiku

The problem is, I've no idea what Phoenixes eat...

6 hours ago, Mirith said:

I will say that giving people only ~2 weeks to submit an entry is a little short for something you don't already have.

If it's something you were planning to wear to Gen Con, odds are you've got the supplies already. 

1. I can not be the only one who is disappointed that this is what we get instead of a pre-release event in stores.

2. UK is not Europe, just ask the British, they will agree!!!  (This is even before the whole Brexit nonsense. 

I'll agree that holding such an event in the UK is not the same as having it in continental Europe. 

But there are people in the UK who busted their asses out to have an event like this. Did anyone on the mainland try to have an event? Did someone go to FFG with a proposal to run a launch event?

I don't think so. I won't be able to attend, but I'm happy my friends in the UK will have a launch event without having to cross the pond.

Whine all you want, but if you want a launch event on the European mainland, ask your local TOs to plan something with FFG.

1 hour ago, TheShinyYasuki said:

1. I can not be the only one who is disappointed that this is what we get instead of a pre-release event in stores.

2. UK is not Europe, just ask the British, they will agree!!!  (This is even before the whole Brexit nonsense. 

1. Sort of, but whatever.

2. No we won't.

2 hours ago, Ser Nakata said:

I'll agree that holding such an event in the UK is not the same as having it in continental Europe. 

But there are people in the UK who busted their asses out to have an event like this. Did anyone on the mainland try to have an event? Did someone go to FFG with a proposal to run a launch event?

I don't think so. I won't be able to attend, but I'm happy my friends in the UK will have a launch event without having to cross the pond.

Whine all you want, but if you want a launch event on the European mainland, ask your local TOs to plan something with FFG.

They busted their asses out? Sounds painful and disgusting.

2 hours ago, Ser Nakata said:

This is great to know... and props to ffg for going along with it, I doubt they had anything planned themselves originally.