Velvetelvis

Things you first think are awesome....but..... aren't.

1 minute ago, Velvetelvis said:

What others?

Marksmanship and Expose are the two classic examples.

3 minutes ago, Velvetelvis said:

Whisper throwing five dice. Sounds awesome...but...it means you screwed up,got too close and are now in a scrum.

I think this is an oversimplification. Getting into Range 1 with Whisper is great if you're out of a jouster's arc and likely to blow them up so there's one less ship in your way next round.

Just now, EdgeOfDreams said:

I think this is an oversimplification. Getting into Range 1 with Whisper is great if you're out of a jouster's arc and likely to blow them up so there's one less ship in your way next round.

Recently I find power creep has made it so that even 5 dice at range 1 do pitiful damage to scum ships. Why is this a thing. 

Low PS Tie bombers with range 2-3 ordnance... I keep trying to make them work but either i am out of range, out of arc, or in range 1. cant get the **** missiles to fire. In my head its a great damage platform but my skills just do not equate to success on the field of battle with them. 

Low PS bombers can make use of LRS and trust me they work, its just a different mentality. Mainly want homing missiles (or cruise now) because you might not need to spend the TL so you can easily 5k and fire again.

I used to think the Punisher was amazing, since somehow my first few games in xwing involved it and i managed to land mines right in people's face rather reliably. Except thats about all that went right lol. Quickly learned the punisher was badness incarnate.

2 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Low PS bombers can make use of LRS and trust me they work, its just a different mentality. Mainly want homing missiles (or cruise now) because you might not need to spend the TL so you can easily 5k and fire again.

I used to think the Punisher was amazing, since somehow my first few games in xwing involved it and i managed to land mines right in people's face rather reliably. Except thats about all that went right lol. Quickly learned the punisher was badness incarnate.

Like i said, i think they should be good, i personally just stink with them even with LRS.... I dont know why, i just suck with them for some reason they end up pointing randomly at nothing.

45 minutes ago, EdgeOfDreams said:

expose is actually great.... on the decimator.

3 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

I remember thinking King Vitamin cereal was awesome as a kid.  Now, I can't stand it.

king-vitaman.jpg

Did you ever notice it's "vitaman" and not "vitamin"?

Kind of like how that cereal with the toucan is actually called "Froot Loops".

7 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Would you like the Math on that?

Yes please!

7 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Would you like the Math on that?

Math is simple: Expose (4pt) + Experimental Interface (3pt) = equals 4 dice (7pt) same as a Heavy Laser cannon (just with full range 1-3 and 5 attack dice at range 1)  

Each red dice will on average give half a hit (0.5)

So expose (4 Dice) will increase your expected hits from. 1.5 to 2.0 costing you your action and 4 points

Having a Target Lock or Focus will increase that 0.5 to 0.75

3 Dice with Focus or Target Lock will give you 2.25 hits

So, Ignore Expose, take Expertise use Target Lock as your action, hope you don't get stressed. 

Note that ive not mentioned the -1 Agility