Force Majeure

What's your longest losing streak?

I don't think I'm a horrible player, but I think some of it might have to do with my tier 2 or lower squads. I can't help it; I'm compelled to make my own lists instead of following the crowd but I keep getting beat down. The last 4 games I didn't even knock out one enemy ship!

I haven't won a game in two months :mellow:. I average about 10 games (in person) a month.

What do your streaks look like? and what have you done about it?

Sheeeeeet, like 2 years, playing about once a month.  And I didn't just lose, I was generally curbstomped.  It is why I joined the boards, and realized I was trying to play 100/6 style in Epic.

So, I stopped trying to fly Squints and hooked up with the x7 crowd.  I've done much better with the right ships, so that I no longer feel I'm the worst player ever and can experiment a bit more with non-x7s.

The Imperials need better Epic resources. . .gunboats and shuttles would be very nice vs. more TIE fighter variants.  Heck, I'm even hoping I can dust off some Punishers with Wave XI ideas.

So, take heart @Force Majeure, it's not you, it's the game.  Fly what you love, but maybe with a little frosting of meta ;)

My longest losing streaks were:

• 7 games in Juli 2016, where I tried to get up to speed with all the ships I had never or rarely played before; I won again by going back to simple swarms (Kihraxz and TIE Advanced Prototype with Proton Missiles) in more casual settings
  • 7 games just last month, where again I tried out random jank including four Punishers and triple Firesprays, which just didn't work; I turned it around by focusing on one list that I want to bring to an alternate format tournament in a week and practicing that (and it includes Fenn Rau and a Jumpmaster)

While we're at it, my longest winning streak was:

• 6 games in December 2016, after I finally had gotten double TIE/sf to work with a Quickdraw/Backdraft/OL list, thanks to Lightweight Frame (followed by tournaments where LWF wasn't legal yet because Heidelberger only makes stuff legal once it's released in German, where I horribly lost by flying without LWF as if I had LWF...)
Edited by haslo

Just now, Fuzzywookie said:

Wave 3. ?

Since Wave 3? That, I can relate to :P 

If, on the other hand, you just haven't been able to figure out how to beat B-Wings . . . you might be flying the wrong ships ;) 

Longest losing: right off the bat back in January/February 2013, 17 games iirc. I ended the streak inside a 2v2 where every person controlled 1 ship. My partner won it for me because, of course, my ship died early.

Longest winning streak, only counting local face to face games (vassal is hard to get streaks on): 19

in fact, our local website that collects activity has a bunch of fun stats to look at:

2017-07-18_1616

Not including my first year of play my longest losing streak was 19 games. I was getting very discouraged as my last win before that loss was tabling arguably the cities best player. I went to a store champs and took that list for the first time since before my loosing streak and went 3-1 at the tournament with the highest overall MOV. I've continued to play that list once a week on casual nights and have gone overall 15-4 with it. I've gone on 3-4 game loosing streaks lately trying out new lists and attempting to make other stuff work... 

my top list: Jess/GSP/GSP/Jan Ors

second top list: Rey/Cassian

Third top: countermeasures/VI Dash and Adapability Corran

fourth top: Wedge/Wes/Rex/Ashoka

bottom list: anything Imperial! 

I honestly don't know. I've never gone a single tournament without at least 1 win, so it can't be that long. As for wins, it's at least 5, since I won that many at regionals before losing the 6th match (still got runner up) and I had lost my last match of the previous tournament. 

I am jealous of Mu0n's stats tracker now. I just track effectiveness with faction and pilots, not streaks or who I played against. My win rate is still only a hair over 60% since I started in 2015, but then again, I've only got 118 games logged, not over 400, and my first tournaments were the 1-3 kind. 

3 hours ago, Mu0n729 said:

Longest losing: right off the bat back in January/February 2013, 17 games iirc. I ended the streak inside a 2v2 where every person controlled 1 ship. My partner won it for me because, of course, my ship died early.

Longest winning streak, only counting local face to face games (vassal is hard to get streaks on): 19

in fact, our local website that collects activity has a bunch of fun stats to look at:

2017-07-18_1616

The French makes it classier.

Maybe 3?

Im usually around a 4:1 win/loss ratio. I dont lose many games in a row. And I dont win too much in a row either.

Versus some players in my area though, Im like 0-5 or 0-6 against them. UGH

35 minutes ago, drjkel said:

I am jealous of Mu0n's stats tracker now. I just track effectiveness with faction and pilots, not streaks or who I played against. My win rate is still only a hair over 60% since I started in 2015, but then again, I've only got 118 games logged, not over 400, and my first tournaments were the 1-3 kind. 

Those 400+ games are only the batch of games I have against local players. I've also logged my vassal games (but with far less information, just win and loss) and I can tell you my total amount of X-Wing games: 1253

3 games. One because I was COMPLETELY unprepared for what I walked into and the other two I was teaching a friend how to play and set him up with one of the more powerful Imperial lists I've made and I went up against him with a thematic list that was all fluff and no teeth.

It amounted to pitted a rabbit with a pointed stick taped on it's head against a hungry, angry T-Rex... 

I'd do it again, too! I now have a new opponent to play and now I have the joy of crushing his post-win euphoria! 

4 games in the last VASSAL league season. Turns out that:

a) Redline kinda sucks

b) Flying towards the board edge while forgetting about ion bombs is really stupid

c) Players become a lot better when filtered through even one season of open play

The last point is what really sells me on the VASSAL league. An environment in which I can consistently be beat is one where I can learn a lot and just makes for more emgaging games. My local scene just isn't as dedicated, so I have to run even more janky lists on game night than I usually would.

For about 1-2 months I kind of lost every game. Some were close, some weren't. Dice were as cold as nuclear winter, but flying wasn't that bad. It doesn't help you when you roll 90% of the time blanks. It happens sometimes as X-Wing s partly dice game but when it is happening for almost 2 months straight (3-4 games per week), it starts to be irritating. That was about 2 years ago tho and before Nationals so I wasn't that confident, but I kept playing when someone could've quit.

For more present streak maybe 2-3 games.