Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Parakitor

Ynfernael Forces

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WWHSD said:

With the way that it is written, is there any unit that is able to exhaust more than one copy of Bloodrage Conduit?  The "your" in the first sentence references the unit and not the player or army.

So far nothing has more than one heraldry slot, so it appears Bloodrage Conduit can only add Lethal 1 if the attacking unit is equipped with that upgrade. I really wish they would proof read their cards better. I think it's clear that instead of "[Melee] You may exhaust any number of your..." they really meant, "[Melee] Any number of friendly units may exhaust 'Bloodrage Conduit' for you to gain Lethal 1 for this [melee attack] for each card exhausted this way." Even that may not quite be right; it's tough to fit on such detailed rules on a small card, so I don't blame them for having trouble on this one, except that they messed up "you" again, just like they did on Jabba crew in X-wing. It's a little irritating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

Bloodrage Conduit doesn't boost defense like Attanni Mindlink does, which I think is good. Plus, it's going to turn all of the other copies off once you use them all. Could be great, could be disastrous.

The only interaction that Bloodrage Conduit has with copies of Bloodrage Conduit on other unis is that that losing a unit with Bloodrage Conduit can refresh an exhausted upgrade on another unit. Other than that there's no particular benefit to running it on more than a single unit. Adding a single point of damage on a card that needs to be exhausted for 4 points is kind of a crappy upgrade.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

So far nothing has more than one heraldry slot, so it appears Bloodrage Conduit can only add Lethal 1 if the attacking unit is equipped with that upgrade. I really wish they would proof read their cards better. I think it's clear that instead of "[Melee] You may exhaust any number of your..." they really meant, "[Melee] Any number of friendly units may exhaust 'Bloodrage Conduit' for you to gain Lethal 1 for this [melee attack] for each card exhausted this way." Even that may not quite be right; it's tough to fit on such detailed rules on a small card, so I don't blame them for having trouble on this one, except that they messed up "you" again, just like they did on Jabba crew in X-wing. It's a little irritating.

What they mean is that you can use Bloodrage Conduits on other units.  There's nothing to restrict it to its own unit's Bloodrage Conduits.  So if I have 4 units of berserkers each with this upgrade, then I could exhaust all the Bloodrage Conduits to have one of the units add 4 damage.

EDIT: I know this says 'your', but it really makes no sense w/o that meaning other units in your army.  At least, not with what's revealed so far.

Edited by Willange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

So far nothing has more than one heraldry slot, so it appears Bloodrage Conduit can only add Lethal 1 if the attacking unit is equipped with that upgrade. I really wish they would proof read their cards better. I think it's clear that instead of "[Melee] You may exhaust any number of your..." they really meant, "[Melee] Any number of friendly units may exhaust 'Bloodrage Conduit' for you to gain Lethal 1 for this [melee attack] for each card exhausted this way." Even that may not quite be right; it's tough to fit on such detailed rules on a small card, so I don't blame them for having trouble on this one, except that they messed up "you" again, just like they did on Jabba crew in X-wing. It's a little irritating.

It would make sense that that is the intention. It's a crappy upgrade with the the wording in the preview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WWHSD said:

The only interaction that Bloodrage Conduit has with copies of Bloodrage Conduit on other unis is that that losing a unit with Bloodrage Conduit can refresh an exhausted upgrade on another unit. Other than that there's no particular benefit to running it on more than a single unit. Adding a single point of damage on a card that needs to be exhausted for 4 points is kind of a crappy upgrade.

Hmmm. The way it says "You may exhaust any number of your Bloodrage Conduits" implies that you can exhaust more. Now, we know that "your" is supposed to refer to the unit, but since they can't equip more than one heraldry, then that can't be what they mean. The intent appears to be that if you have 4 uints, each with Bloodrage Conduit, and one of those units attacks, you can exhaust all four of the Bloodrage Conduit cards to give the attacking unit Lethal 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Willange said:

On another note, why say 'you' in the first place?  Why not just say 'this unit' when you mean this unit??  You should refer to the player.  I know it doesn't, but it should.

Actually, I'm searching through the rules for the bit that says that "you" refers to the unit. I can't find it. 

Is it possible that "you" means something completely different in Ruenwars than it does in all of the other FFG games that I've ever played?



I've found "you" defined in the case of Morale Cards.
53.5 In the text of morale cards, “the unit” refers to the unit suffering the test, while “you” refers to that unit’s opponent.


Found it. It was under the upgrade card section.
88.4 If an upgrade effect uses the term “you,” it refers to the unit to which that upgrade is equipped.

Edited by WWHSD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WWHSD said:

Actually, I'm searching through the rules for the bit that says that "you" refers to the unit. I can't find it. 

Is it possible that "you" means something completely different in Ruenwars than it does in all of the other FFG games that I've ever played?

88.4   If an upgrade effect uses the term “you,” it refers to the unit 
to which that upgrade is equipped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Willange said:

On another note, why say 'you' in the first place?  Why not just say 'this unit'????

Yeah, I had to look it up, and there are a bunch of neutral upgrades that use "you" or "your" when referring specifically to the unit they are equipped to. In fact, it's easier to list the exceptions: Dispatch Runner, Fortuna's Dice, Heartseeker, Master-Crafted Weapons, Reaping Blade, Tempered Steel, Wind Rune.

Out of 25 neutral upgrades, only one uses the words "you" or "your" incorrectly, and that's Fortuna's dice: "Exhaust this card to change one die to a face of your choice." What, is Ardus going to tell me what die face he wants? Of course not! "Your" here clearly refers to the player, which is in opposition to the rules, but the meaning is obvious enough that we can get on with our games without a second thought. The other six upgrades listed above do not even use the words "you" or "your", but the rest of the 19 neutral upgrades all use "you" and "your" to refer to the unit they are equipped to. Then again, Lance Corporal suggests that "you reveal your command tool," which the player is doing, not the unit. I don' know, the whole "you" thing can get pretty complicated, but as a basic rule, it makes a lot of sense for saving space on these tiny upgrade cards.

I guess the whole point of this exercise is to show that the rules are very tight, but "you" is so common in our language that it's sometimes tricky to separate "you, the unit" form "you, the player." This also means that it's pretty reasonable that the intent of Bloodrage Conduit is to allow friendly units to also exhaust their copies of this upgrade, even though that is clearly not the rules as written. Sadly.

P.S. Curiously, Fallen Hero refers to "this unit" instead of "you". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one looking at Feeding Frenzy and feeling underwhelmed? 5 points, 1 added damage every attack for every three trays killed while engaged with this unit.

 

Antypical army is what? 15-21 trays? So if your Flesh Rippers are involved in killing every tray (which is a ridiculous assumption), you get an added 5-7 damage an attack. Sounds good. Except... you realistically will be involved in killing 10 trays at most with a single unit. So +1-2 damage per attack towards rounds 6+. 

 

When I compare it to moment of inspiration, which adds anywhere from 3-8 damage in the opening swing, Im not seeing the sales pitch. What am I missing?

 

The exception Ion is if your Flesh Rippers are feeding off an Ankaur fueled reanimate block. Then this upgrade looks awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Church14 said:

Am I the only one looking at Feeding Frenzy and feeling underwhelmed? 5 points, 1 added damage every attack for every three trays killed while engaged with this unit.

 

Antypical army is what? 15-21 trays? So if your Flesh Rippers are involved in killing every tray (which is a ridiculous assumption), you get an added 5-7 damage an attack. Sounds good. Except... you realistically will be involved in killing 10 trays at most with a single unit. So +1-2 damage per attack towards rounds 6+. 

 

When I compare it to moment of inspiration, which adds anywhere from 3-8 damage in the opening swing, Im not seeing the sales pitch. What am I missing?

 

The exception Ion is if your Flesh Rippers are feeding off an Ankaur fueled reanimate block. Then this upgrade looks awesome. 

The 5-point price tag is kind of steep, but at least there is (so far) very little opportunity cost because it is unique. It looks like there may be a second Unique in the box, though, so you may have options for that Unique slot for your Flesh Rippers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

The 5-point price tag is kind of steep, but at least there is (so far) very little opportunity cost because it is unique. It looks like there may be a second Unique in the box, though, so you may have options for that Unique slot for your Flesh Rippers.

I'm certainly curious about the second unique. I'm also willing to wait on judging this card until I see more of this faction. We've only seen something like 8/25 Uthuk-only cards in the initial wave of Uthuk. Maybe something that isn't shown makes a difference to this card. 

 

Also, has anyone "Enhanced" the text on Corruption Rune to figure out what it says?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bhelliom said:

I also spy an Uthuk only equipment called Serrated Spines that gives Lethal (stable?) for melee attacks at 4 points, which is pretty decent, and a generic Corruption Rune which APPEARS to read: Action: choose an enemy at range 1-(natural?) and discard the top card of the morale deck. That enemy suffers damage equal to the number of morale icons on that card, then receives 1 bane based on the card type: confusion - stun?; doubt - panic; fear - immobilize

Earlier in the thread, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two new pictures from french site

http://www.edgeent.com/home/check_public_gallery/ffrwm30_gallery_02_fr a part command tool for Spined Thershers and Support Spined Thersher card.

http://www.edgeent.com/home/check_public_gallery/ffrwm26_gallery_02_fr translate : 'Deadly run' unique Flesh Rippers only, while your activation ... .... your first move ...  treat it as modified by turn.

 

Edited by Filris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Filris said:

Two new pictures from french site

http://www.edgeent.com/home/check_public_gallery/ffrwm30_gallery_02_fr a part command tool for Spined Thershers and Support Spined Thersher card.

http://www.edgeent.com/home/check_public_gallery/ffrwm26_gallery_02_fr translate : 'Deadly run' unique Flesh Rippers only, while your activation ... .... your first move ...  treat it as modified by turn.

 

Wow, tough to read but I think I can add to your description: "During your activation, you can increase the speed of your first [march] by ? "

Edited by Xargonaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that does confuse me is the Rune of Corruption. According to the pictures it's generic but if so why haven't we seen it in the Waiqar or Daqan boxes so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stet2 said:

One thing that does confuse me is the Rune of Corruption. According to the pictures it's generic but if so why haven't we seen it in the Waiqar or Daqan boxes so far

One imagines they'll be in the next "wave" of releases. So far it looks like Heavy Crossbows and Death Knights are more or less contemporary to the Latari, so whatever they get at roughly the same time as the Berserker expansion should have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bhelliom said:

One imagines they'll be in the next "wave" of releases. So far it looks like Heavy Crossbows and Death Knights are more or less contemporary to the Latari, so whatever they get at roughly the same time as the Berserker expansion should have it.

I have a theory that this is the new "condition/bane" thing we were promised in the Death Knight preview.  I could be wrong because there's a few different forms that could take, but it wouldn't surprise me too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Willange said:

I have a theory that this is the new "condition/bane" thing we were promised in the Death Knight preview.  I could be wrong because there's a few different forms that could take, but it wouldn't surprise me too much.

The condition was revealed on the french website apparently. I couldn't find an image, but here's the post from a while back 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...