Sign in to follow this  
Parakitor

Ynfernael Forces

Bloodrage Conduit is an amazing ability for theme. We'll have to wait and see what kind of power it truly holds., but I like the idea of an army that focuses more on multiple small units. Or maybe you have one big unit, with one or two satellite units so you can add damage if you're just shy of enough damage to overcome a target unit's defense.

Of course, depending on how useful it is, this may be incentive to stick to one Army Pack, and fill out your army with individual Berserker Expansion Packs instead of buying two Army Packs.

Edited by Parakitor

Well, the idea is that they are like swarming insects, so sure. But I think the Lethal keyword, and the fact you have to exhaust it, makes it seem less powerful/versatile than Mindlink.

Also, I was a little bitter that the Siege upgrades for Waiqar don't add Brutal 1, but then I remembered that the Reanimates are the only units so far that can reach a 4x3 formation, so that seems fair. Wouldn't want a 4x3 and Brutal 1, I guess.

16 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Bloodrage Conduit is an amazing ability for theme. We'll have to wait and see what kind of power it truly holds., but I like the idea of an army that focuses more on multiple small units. Or maybe you have one big unit, with one or two satellite units so you can add damage if you're just shy of enough damage to overcome a target unit's defense.

Of course, depending on how useful it is, this may be incentive to stick to one Army Pack, and fill out your army with individual Berserker Expansion Packs instead of buying two Army Packs.

With the way that it is written, is there any unit that is able to exhaust more than one copy of Bloodrage Conduit?  The "your" in the first sentence references the unit and not the player or army.

Feeding Frenzy feels a little slow for what it does.

lethal is damage, so after killing 3 TRAYS (not models) they add 1 damage to the total in future attacks. That feels like they either need to get lucky and utterly ravage something or take several turns to actually see benefit out of it. Those things arent very durable, probably the easiest cavalry to kill since theres no "lost damage" hitting armor. I just dont see it doing much unless you were already ahead.

Frontline Spine Thresher sadly does give a single die reroll to a huge block. So redundant. least it also gives them Brutal I, which that in itself is probably worth it.

Just now, Vineheart01 said:

lethal is damage, so after killing 3 TRAYS (not models) they add 1 damage to the total in future attacks. That feels like they either need to get lucky and utterly ravage something or take several turns to actually see benefit out of it. Those things arent very durable, probably the easiest cavalry to kill since theres no "lost damage" hitting armor. I just dont see it doing much unless you were already ahead.

Frontline Spine Thresher sadly does give a single die reroll to a huge block. So redundant. least it also gives them Brutal I, which that in itself is probably worth it.

That was my initial reaction to Feeding Frenzy. It seems like you probably want to take this on larger units.

The thing that might make it worthwhile is that the unit with the upgrade doesn't need to be the one doing the damage. Maybe this is something meant to confuse targeting priorities? You can ignore the little 2 base unit of Fleshrippers with Feeding Frenzy on your flank to go after a juicier targets that you are flanking but doing so with make just make the Fleshrippers a bigger threat.. 

1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

Well, I guess you'll have to make Rippers attack a unit already engaged with one of your other units to pump up that Lethal faster, because the enemy removed trays do not need to be actually removed by the Rippers themselves to be "assigned" to their lethal pumping (although they need to be engaged the moment the trays are removed).  And given that the Rippers are probably going to be quick, I guess it could be a viable tactic to have them flank units already engaged... we'll see.

19 minutes ago, Glucose98 said:

Bloodrage Conduit, the Attani Mindlink of Runewars?

Bloodrage Conduit doesn't boost defense like Attanni Mindlink does, which I think is good. Plus, it's going to turn all of the other copies off once you use them all. Could be great, could be disastrous.

4 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

If you had multiple Flesh Rippers units engaged with a single enemy, though, then your total damage output increases in multiple as you whittle away the engaged unit.

1 minute ago, Budgernaut said:

If you had multiple Flesh Rippers units engaged with a single enemy, though, then your total damage output increases in multiple as you whittle away the engaged unit.

That's the playstyle I think.  Multiple Flesh Ripper units hitting the same target, sharing the frenzy.  Sounds kinda fun.

Just now, Glucose98 said:

That's the playstyle I think.  Multiple Flesh Ripper units hitting the same target, sharing the frenzy.  Sounds kinda fun.

I agree. It sounds like a blast! Unfortunately, it also sounds like a maneuvering nightmare, with all those units trying to engage a single unit. Add to that the forced 1-speed march, and you're going to find it hard to control these beasts.

I also spy an Uthuk only equipment called Serrated Spines that gives Lethal (stable?) for melee attacks at 4 points, which is pretty decent, and a generic Corruption Rune which APPEARS to read: Action: choose an enemy at range 1-(natural?) and discard the top card of the morale deck. That enemy suffers damage equal to the number of morale icons on that card, then receives 1 bane based on the card type: confusion - stun?; doubt - panic; fear - immobilize

6 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

Bloodrage Conduit doesn't boost defense like Attanni Mindlink does, which I think is good. Plus, it's going to turn all of the other copies off once you use them all. Could be great, could be disastrous.

here's to hoping berserkers don't have a white rally modifier. Although I could see a roman-like multiple wave strategy form.

Also the spined thresher equipment upgrade appears to read:

Serated spines

[Melee] gain lethal [stable runes] for this [melee]

This is an odd choice of wording.

33 minutes ago, Orcdruid said:

here's to hoping berserkers don't have a white rally modifier. Although I could see a roman-like multiple wave strategy form.

Also the spined thresher equipment upgrade appears to read:

Serated spines

[Melee] gain lethal [stable runes] for this [melee]

This is an odd choice of wording.

For each panic symbol?

Edited by TallGiraffe