Sign in to follow this  
The Laughing God

When is Haarlock III: Dead Suns coming up?

The Laughing God said:

I know, I know, Damned Cities has just been released but I want to know when we can expect the third and final episode in the Haarlock's Legacy trilogy, Dead Suns. I can't find it among the Upcoming section anymore. Anyone got any idea?

That concerns me too.

BTW isn't that called Dead Stars?

According to Amazon it is scheduled for October 14 2009.

I really hope that they release the trilogy in one volume later though. The individual books might be gorgeous and whatnot but a 25$ price tag for each of them is just plain heresy.

csabesz said:

According to Amazon it is scheduled for October 14 2009.

I really hope that they release the trilogy in one volume later though. The individual books might be gorgeous and whatnot but a 25$ price tag for each of them is just plain heresy.

Borders sets it for March 2010

yes its Dead Stars

and if it comes out in one volume i will be very upset, it would make all of us that bought it for 25 dollars each out quite a few extra dollars...

ThenDoctor said:

yes its Dead Stars

and if it comes out in one volume i will be very upset, it would make all of us that bought it for 25 dollars each out quite a few extra dollars...

...which is, all in all, our own fault. The prices for this pieces ARE outrageous. Even for a RPG-Product (which are a little costly in their own right).

Roleplaying is a niche hobbey, you have to pay a little more, in recompense you often get incredible amounts of entertainment for your buck. Lets say you have 5 players and a GM, you get 4 sessions out of it at 3 hours a pop. That's the equivilent of say 6 film screenings for 6 people so film ticket x 36 and see how well it matches up.

Gregorius21778 said:

ThenDoctor said:

yes its Dead Stars

...which is, all in all, our own fault. The prices for this pieces ARE outrageous. Even for a RPG-Product (which are a little costly in their own right).

Yes but it is cause and effect. If we dont buy the adventures, they will not have a need to repackage them in one volume. Besides, so far the three Haarlock's Legacy Adventures (House of Dust and Ash, Tattered Fates and Damned Cities) have very little in common other then some dude named Erasmus once rented and apartment on their respective planets and fogot to clean it out when he moved.

Dead Stars if going to have to be pretty amazing to tie it all together.

Peacekeeper_b said:

Dead Stars if going to have to be pretty amazing to tie it all together.

Judging by what we have seen in Purge the Unclean - I find it hard hard to expect.

egalor said:

Judging by what we have seen in Purge the Unclean - I find it hard hard to expect.

Different writers, different premise, different company producing it... aside from both being trilogies of adventures for Dark Heresy, I fail to see the comparison.

N0-1_H3r3 said:

egalor said:

Different writers, different premise, different company producing it... aside from both being trilogies of adventures for Dark Heresy, I fail to see the comparison.

I only hope to be wrong here, but the House of Dust and Ash and part1 of the Trilogy are not too convincingly tied together.As for the Damned Cities - I haven't seen it yet.

Aye, they are pretty good adventures themselves, but I'd prefer the wfrp-like degree of... you know what I'm saying...

Hidaowin said:

Roleplaying is a niche hobbey, you have to pay a little more, in recompense you often get incredible amounts of entertainment for your buck. Lets say you have 5 players and a GM, you get 4 sessions out of it at 3 hours a pop. That's the equivilent of say 6 film screenings for 6 people so film ticket x 36 and see how well it matches up.

Yep. And now compare the same thing with renting a dvd for 4 evenings and know the RPG-Module looks even WORSE. Sorry, but this method of "comparison" is a little strange..

I like to compare "volume of the the rpg module" to "price of said rpg module" and see that is its pretty few pages for the bug..even compared with other publication of the same distributer of the same game line...