Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Major Juggler: Please post the Stats on the Jumpmaster 2.0 (Scurrg) quickly

10 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Is it wrong that my brain said "so, pretty much my normal shooting over a couple of turns, then?"

Is suspect that was more meant to be referring to the green dice, though. :ph34r:

The Jankyard list is nasty. I'm not sure how to deal with it - if there was a glaringly obvious weakness it wouldn't be a thing - but my suspicions are if it has a weak spot it's either:

1. In the bad mismatch of dials. The Wookie gunship has no K-turn, and the TIE fighter has no speed 1 moves that match the rest of the squad, nailing you to speed 2+ if you want to hold formation, with Biggs, Selflessness, Jess and Lowhhrick's abilities all having a range 1 limit. That's going to take some good formation flying, which isn't going to like blockers, tractor arrays, suddenly appearing obstacles and so forth picking the formation apart (Ketsu and/or Oicunn, for instance).
  2. That biggs and rex aren't that tough to unavoidable damage (lowhhrick obviously is and jess is not that much more fragile). Suppressing Fire, Biggs, Selflessness, Jess and Lowhhrick are all "when defending" abilities. Bombs and mines, collisions, Feedback Arrays, and so on, are completely unrestricted in target.
  3. R4-D6 and Selflessness are both really good abilities but both specifically work on [Hit] results, not [Critical] results. I fear delivering enough criticals in one attack to really take advantage of this is going to be difficult, but it's a toe-hold a better strategist than me might be able to hang something off.

Abusing the close formation....not sure. Assault Missiles could, but the whole point is that the list is really good at avoiding taking damage. If it becomes a thing worth tailoring against, though, assault missiles might be worth a thought.

Thinking about the whole blocking issue, though, I wonder if Deadman's switch might be worth a thought? A Binyare Pirate with Deadman's switch hardly breaks the bank, but it's a really annoying thing to find the formation blocked by.

In terms of the "OMG every winning list last weekend had a new ship in it" reflex - as pointed out; most people have just got their new shiny toys. I'm not saying they aren't good ships, but there will be at least some bias to the results because the players who always do well want to use their new wave XI stuff in the first weekend because it's new, as well as any bias of players using wave XI stuff doing well because their squad choice lifts them from their normal ranking.

Along with Assault Missiles, maybe Ruthlessness becomes more popular :)

2 minutes ago, Superstrength79 said:

Rebel Junkyard tells a funny story of four friends who get really drunk and go into hyperdrive to see what kind of trouble they can get into.

I don't know whats in that list, but if in the opening laserfire someone doesn't say "Sick balls, Chopper" I feel a real opportunity is missed

11 hours ago, piznit said:

Along with Assault Missiles, maybe Ruthlessness becomes more popular :)

I don't think assault missiles are necessarily worth digging up unless this squad is literally everywhere and/or swarms make a big comeback, but Ruthlessness isn't a bad call.

I'm a big fan of TIE/D, Tractor Beam, Ruthlessnes Vessery - properly supported, he's tough, reasonable pilot skill (and as good as anyone in that list) and the combination of tractor beams and unavoidable splash damage strikes me as a combination of 'very bad things' for that squad. Plus, K-turning behind the squad causes problems, as the wookie can't do a matching maneuver; forcing the squad to k-turn is a good way to start breaking up the formation.