Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Major Juggler: Please post the Stats on the Jumpmaster 2.0 (Scurrg) quickly

Remember when we had that wonderful thread about how OP 4 naked U-Wings were, after somebody played against it opening weekend and lost?

The only thing wrong is that people who should really know better are entertaining this thread long enough to post in it.  Wait two-three weeks then have an opinion, all you're doing right now is burning the skin off the end of your fingers by replying.

Ok, could anyone post/link to the Invincible Biggs list?

Also -> funny how this went from "Scurrg is OP" to "Biggs and Gunship are OP in tandem" :D

Edit: Gah, nevermind, found it. It's in Squad lists under "Rebel Junkyard 2.0", right? Man, that does lok nasty...

Edited by Rojek

2 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

In terms of the "OMG every winning list last weekend had a new ship in it" reflex - as pointed out; most people have just got their new shiny toys. I'm not saying they aren't good ships, but there will be at least some bias to the results because the players who always do well want to use their new wave XI stuff in the first weekend because it's new, as well as any bias of players using wave XI stuff doing well because their squad choice lifts them from their normal ranking.

Not to mention that especially the good players (who are likely to win tournaments anyways) are also those most inclined to use Store tournaments (that aren't as high stakes as large ones) to explore the capabilities of new ships.

Indeed. it's often the case that people witness a game and assume that's how all such encounters play out, without looking at the dice rolls and tactics employed.

I remember someone - maybe you, in fact, mentioning how a cruise missile one-shotted a TIE aggressor.

This does not mean this will happen regularly, if at all, in practice; firstly you need a speed 4 'launching run' to get 5 dice, then - admittedly with TL and chimps - need to not miss with a single dice, and then the TIE/ag needs to blank out its greens. All doable, but not exactly probably (you get a net ~1/6 chance).

The post wasn't talking about how a cruise missile 'will' kill a TIE/ag, just observing (correctly) that it can, but some witnesses seem to conflate the two on these forums; it's why soontir fel (agility 4, focus, focus, evade) was 'totally immune to gunfire' as opposed to just 'unbelievably frustrating to hit' (which he admittedly is), or that Twin Laser Turrets never miss, even when throwing unmodified shots, and why people don't get it when I call TIE/fo and TIE/sk "tough" - even with a focus-and-target-lock or equivalent, the odds of a 4-dice shot, or even a 5-dice shot one-shotting them is satisfyingly low.

I accept that's not what the 45-point-plus ship crowd define as 'tough' but when you're flying a swarm, forcing a second ship to concentrate on the same target just to finish off a <20 point ship that's on only 1 hit left can really screw up your squad's performance....

Edited by Magnus Grendel

It was me, and I wasn't remotely suggesting that would always happen.  The other one in the same match only did 3 damage, but that was only 4 dice.

It was Mindlinked, which also helped.  Chances of getting less than x hits/crits on x dice with focus/tl/chips are REALLY low.  You're talking about a 96% chance of 5/5 hits/crits or a 97% chance of 4/4.  Getting the 4 or 5 speed launch run is the bigger trick.

5 hours ago, Marinealver said:

So do you think the meta has moved from a kill heavy cycle to a tank heavy cycle where defense and rounds going to time is back? Are we back to MoV and point fortressing?

After facing the Cruise Missile list, I experimented with a few bizarre, defensive, Imperial lists that could survive the alpha strike, but none work as well as the Rebel list. Only Rebels have enough low cost tools to make it work (though, I admit, I did not look at Scum yet).

5 hours ago, SOTL said:

Remember when we had that wonderful thread about how OP 4 naked U-Wings were, after somebody played against it opening weekend and lost?

The only thing wrong is that people who should really know better are entertaining this thread long enough to post in it.  Wait two-three weeks then have an opinion, all you're doing right now is burning the skin off the end of your fingers by replying.

That's 4 U-Wings. Not much different from 4 B-Wings. You can actually kill those ships.

I don't see why we have to wait a few weeks to complain about things, the Negative Play Experience Defense Squad will show up to tell us how wrong we are then too regardless of how OP it is.

The ability to bounce 4-5 hit attacks with Biggs isn't broken at all. Nope, nothing could possibly be wrong with that.

This community is a joke.

10 minutes ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

The ability to bounce 4-5 hit attacks with Biggs isn't broken at all.

About the first sensible thing you've said since you joined.

Being able to produce a Biggs that can do that IS NOT NEW (I was running Biggs with 5 green dice, 3 Focus and an Evade token).  It was being played by players in a slightly different configuration all through the regionals and system opens.  The only thing that's materially different now is Selflessness, which is one-off ability.

Edited by SOTL

8 minutes ago, SOTL said:

About the first sensible thing you've said since you joined.

Being able to produce a Biggs that can do that IS NOT NEW (I was running Biggs with 5 green dice, 3 Focus and an Evade token).  It was being played by players in a slightly different configuration all through the regionals and system opens.  The only thing that's materially different now is Selflessness, which is one-off ability.

No, it is new.

And Lowhhrick's pilot ability.

17 minutes ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

This community is a joke.

I feel like this is signature-level quotation here; the irony is just too good to pass up.

Salt, take a day and just try to post positive things. Your heart will thank  you. Not saying you gotta like the things you don't, just stick to the positive stuff that actually keeps you playing the game. Channel your inner Joe Boss if you gotta.

I know it goes against your name, but it seems you're in a dark place right now, so take a break and come back to the angsty stuff refreshed.

1 minute ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

You can have both Jan Ors and Lowhhrick in a list.

True, but you give up on something else to make it happen.  It's all swings & roundabouts.

The only material impact on survivability in the rebel junk lists is Selflessness, which is really good.

Just now, SOTL said:

True, but you give up on something else to make it happen.  It's all swings & roundabouts.

The only material impact on survivability in the rebel junk lists is Selflessness, which is really good.

Whatever you "give up" is well worth the ability to reliably 200-0 with a Biggs list.

7 minutes ago, ArbitraryNerd said:

I feel like this is signature-level quotation here; the irony is just too good to pass up.

Salt, take a day and just try to post positive things. Your heart will thank  you. Not saying you gotta like the things you don't, just stick to the positive stuff that actually keeps you playing the game. Channel your inner Joe Boss if you gotta.

I know it goes against your name, but it seems you're in a dark place right now, so take a break and come back to the angsty stuff refreshed.

The only thing that keeps me playing this game is hearing the anguished cries of the vanquished enemy.

I don't actually care about the OP stuff I complain about. It doesn't phase me, I'll just play it myself. But I'm intellectually honest and I know that this **** shouldn't exist in the game. It's not fun for others, I get it, I've been in their shoes before.

5 minutes ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

The only thing that keeps me playing this game is hearing the anguished cries of the vanquished enemy.

I don't actually care about the OP stuff I complain about. It doesn't phase me, I'll just play it myself. But I'm intellectually honest and I know that this **** shouldn't exist in the game. It's not fun for others, I get it, I've been in their shoes before.

AM906G.jpg

4 hours ago, HungryFFG said:

After facing the Cruise Missile list, I experimented with a few bizarre, defensive, Imperial lists that could survive the alpha strike, but none work as well as the Rebel list. Only Rebels have enough low cost tools to make it work (though, I admit, I did not look at Scum yet).

I think arc dodgers are the counter to alpha strike, which are weak to turrets. Problem is that the best alpha strikers in X-wing are also arc dodgers.

1 hour ago, Marinealver said:

I think arc dodgers are the counter to alpha strike, which are weak to turrets. Problem is that the best alpha strikers in X-wing are also arc dodgers.

Hard to arc dodge an alpha strike that consists of two PS11 and one PS10.

Edited by HungryFFG

1 hour ago, SOTL said:

The list is much more than that one upgrade (though it certainly plays a role). It is about reducing incoming damage and then spreading the remaining damage throughout the list as the defender sees fit. It denies the opponent the ability to focus fire and chose targets. Meanwhile, it has fairly good offense, and is therefore still able to remove enemy targets.

1 hour ago, HungryFFG said:

Hard to arc dodge an alpha strike with two PS11 and one PS10.

Okay, so they are arc-dodgers as well. Yeah it is hard to win at paper rock scissors when someone is playing all three at the same time. Nuke beats Rock and Scissors, and Man.