Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Major Juggler: Please post the Stats on the Jumpmaster 2.0 (Scurrg) quickly

Well I played against 1 Deadeye Skurrg list today, and when they Talon rolled, they were stressed, so I could find moves to out play them. Then when I arc dodged them, I took 0 damage since no PWT. Then when I shot them, they max rolled 3 evades through a rock at range 3, so I could reliably put damage on them.

Overall though, the Skurrg at least has a competitive place in this game.

Also, Nym + GENIUS + Bomblet, makes me wish Bomblet was a dual card that required an action or something like a whole round to recharge the bomb.

25 minutes ago, phild0 said:

Well I played against 1 Deadeye Skurrg list today, and when they Talon rolled, they were stressed, so I could find moves to out play them. Then when I arc dodged them, I took 0 damage since no PWT.

Won't work if you spam 3 of them, but for 1 or 2 could take outlaw tech to keep using deadeye for a second missile shot after the turnaround.  I'm guessing like most ghosts auto blaster will be auto include if you can afford it.

Nym is King.

24 player tournament, one of our top guys with mindlink Fenn Asajj Scout had to concede against a Nym player - thats not something that ever happened before.

Top 4: 

1. Rebel Nym, Intensity Poe and Rex

2. Rebely Nym, 2x TLT YWings

3. Asajj Ketsu

4. Scum Nym - I forget what he had exactly but there was definitely a Nym!

I don't think you can conclude the Scurrg is OP off like 2 days of data. The Gamma Squadron Vet has been able to spam cheap deadeye ordnance for like 3 waves now and hasn't exactly been killing it in the meta.

Also I imagine Miranda + Dash eats Nym lists for breakfast. It's a lot harder to bomb ships that likes to kite you, and can quite easily knock out half your HP per turn.

Edited by CRCL

4 hours ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Wow this forum is so insufferable at the moment... "Good players are trying out new stuff, it has to be op!" "I lost to a new list once, it has to be nerfed!" Give me a break.

We've got some newer/recently more vocal posters that are really bringing it down, too. Influx of a new wave never helps, but yeah, forum is even mote the pits than it has been in recent memory.

On 7/16/2017 at 9:12 AM, eagletsi111 said:

There is always Naysayers, but when the truth comes out and it will.    I want to be the first one who stated it.    Maybe I'm wrong, but we will see.

Wow, you're predicting that a Post Wave 6 Scum ship will be broken?  You're a regular Nostradamus...

cc2b0aea8a070de44fc8ef2d0cad02a7.jpg

Of course it's broken, it's got a pile of stats and a zillion upgrade slots--including the PS3 EPT--all for an absurdly cheap price.  The fact that so many folks are pointing out that it's ever so slightly more expensive than the Jumpmaster for its cost/stats is telling, seeing as the Jumpmaster is objectively the most catastrophically under-costed ship that's ever graced this game in its 11 Waves.  The Scurrg is cheaper than a  B-Wing with the E/2 mod (crew slot), yet it gets +2 Hull, a better dial, and better upgrade slots while having the same action bar.  It's also capable of being a bomber, deadeye missile-boat, or TLT platform in an era when all of those things are commonly seen as breakable for their cost.

Lord, people dont know what "cheap" means or what an effective baseline comparison is

Juggler is the only math guy that seems to have the credentials for this (i sure dont) and hes already calculated the baseline SCURRG as being as jousting efficient as the B. This is not a good thing, because 

The B is **** awful and should NEVER be the standard with which to compare other ships. Just about everything that isnt **** off worthless (poor punisher :( ) compares favorably to a B 

Edited by ficklegreendice

6 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Lord, people dont know what "cheap" means or what an effective baseline comparison is

Juggler is the only math guy that seems to have the credentials for this (i sure dont) and hes already calculated the baseline SCURRG as being as jousting efficient as the B. This is not a good thing, because

How the hell does that math work out, because the Scurrg is the same price as a B-Wing, has the same actions, the same stats except for +2 Health, and has a better upgrade bar and a better dial.  So you're telling me that +2 Health and better dials and upgrade slots don't increase it's mathwing value?  This is exactly why Major Juggler's Mathwing has always been nonsense.  And the "jousting value" of a ship is a pretty dumb thing to calculate when stat-line jousters and jousting haven't been a part of the meta since Wave 3.

I admittedly biased, but I reject Mathwing and do not agree that Juggler has the "credentials" or expertise to declare what is or is not appropriately costed.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

15 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

I admittedly biased, but I reject Mathwing and do not agree that Juggler has the "credentials" or expertise to declare what is or is not appropriately costed.

Doesn't Major Juggler literally have a PhD the kind of statistical analysis that he applies in Mathwing? I'm pretty sure the reason he hasn't been hired by FFG is that they can't afford him, because he's too credentialed for them

You can disagree with points he makes, or have a philosophical  approach that minimizes consideration of math in general, but there is probably no one else  that plays the game that has the training, tools, and inclination to do this kind of analysis.

Wait, how the hell does the SCURRG have the same price? The is 1 is 2 more points than the blue squaddie

Not to mention you can find cheaper platforms for tge se upgrade slots. Tlts? Ywing with tlt is the same as a naked SCURRG. Deadeye? **** the ps 5 vaksai with deadeye is CHEAPER 

Edited by ficklegreendice

52 minutes ago, Q10fanatic said:

Doesn't Major Juggler literally have a PhD the kind of statistical analysis that he applies in Mathwing? I'm pretty sure the reason he hasn't been hired by FFG is that they can't afford him, because he's too credentialed for them

You can disagree with points he makes, or have a philosophical  approach that minimizes consideration of math in general, but there is probably no one else  that plays the game that has the training, tools, and inclination to do this kind of analysis.

I can literally, off-hand, think of three other players I've met in the (relatively) local scene that either have a PhD in Probability & Statistics or else are finishing up their doctorate at the moment.  I myself have a doctorate in the bio-sciences, so I had to take three grad-level statistics courses.  What MJ's done is established a modeling parameter for generating a single value within the context of several (big) assumptions.  Those assumptions are what I disagree with, as I do not think a single simplified quantification is of much use in analyzing the value of a ship in real-table dynamics.

Also, as arrogant as MJ is, it's not that FFG cannot afford him because he's too credentialed, it's that they can't afford him because the boardgaming industry doesn't tend to pay starting salaries that can compete with most post-collegiate starting salaries.  People who go into the boardgaming industry do not do it for the money, but rather for the passion.  My guess is that the vast majority of us on these boards with careers (whatever the field) would be taking a huge pay decrease if we took a job at FFG.  And that has nothing to do with our credentials, but just that the average starting salary for most college degrees tends to be around $40-60k, which as I understand it is pretty far above the starting salaries in the boardgaming industry, which is just the nature of the market.  Some folks are more than happy to take a lower starting salary to work a job that they are passionate about and love, though it's not for everyone.  To say he is "too credentialed" is pretty damned arrogant, as he's implying that he's superior to those who do choose to pursue a career in their passion of boardgaming even if it means making less than they might in other industries (which they may be quite competent and well-suited for).

Heaver, for instance, runs simulations when contemplating his squad choices, such as "how much averaged TLT fire can this ship survive," which while also a simplification is far more valuable and useful in considering a squad than relying on brute abstract "jousting values" in a game where brute jousting hasn't really played much of a role since the TIE Phantom came out (but even Double Falcons were defying jousting values before then).

But, as I said, this is like, just my opinion, man.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

I predict people will adapt to the Scurrg and it will eventually settle into a niche of being a good ship but not meta dominating.  Most players looking for the next broken thing will go back to playing their Jumpmasters - with 100% more Cad Bane. 

2 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

To say he is "too credentialed" is pretty damned arrogant, as he's implying that he's superior to those who do choose to pursue a career in their passion of boardgaming even if it means making less than they might in other industries (which they may be quite competent and well-suited for).

Wait, MJ is arrogant because other people give him too much credit?

Also, he (by allowing other people to give him too much credit) is implying that he's too good for an industry?

I get that you want to take shots at a positive contributing member of the community, but maybe look a little less desperate in the process? Short of contacting FFG forum mods (they have those??) and insisting that remove every compliment directed his way, I'm not sure how he could avoid falling into your confused definition of arrogance. 

I can't remember the last time juggler had math on a podcast. 

Actually....now that I think about it.its been over a year ...wait is it two years? 

Hmmm. I must have missed something somewhere. I feel like any podcasts he's on where they ask for analasys has been answered with " it's not possible to get the numbers" or " I haven't done it yet."

Nothing against the guy, it's not his job to provide anyone with the results of his work.

But there hasn't been any work. In several waves of ships.

I think perhaps we as players ought to let the guy retire in piece. It doesn't seem like the math is important anymore. It can't model the dials and the card combos.