Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Major Juggler: Please post the Stats on the Jumpmaster 2.0 (Scurrg) quickly

1 hour ago, eagletsi111 said:

Hey Major,

Can you please post the stats on the Jumpmaster 2.0 (Formerly known as the Scurrg)  Quickly?  

I know it's OP, but I want to see how OP your stats really say it is?

Thanks 

Dude the ship's been out for, what, 4 days?

Maybe you should take it a little slower, yeah?

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

Yes please Major Juggler, please confirm eaglet's opinion ASAP, he's already lost one game to it and the sky is falling down

The OP is correct. Maybe the Jumpmaster 2.0 isn't quite THE worst thing possible, but it's pretty bad.

Infinite bombs should not exist.

Deadeye U-Boats were FAQ'ed already. Why does Scum need them back?

A lot of what people complained about the Jumpmaster is present with the 2.0. It's another PS 3 EPT ship with 5,000 upgrade slots that you'll have to whack-mole down with errata everytime that some stupid power combination pops up.

The one thing that everyone in the community actually agrees upon is a Jumpmaster nerf. What about Jumpmaster II?

But as always, yell at the complainers until a year after the FAQ that vindicates them when it's safe to agree with them.

24 minutes ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

Infinite bombs should not exist.

Deadeye U-Boats were FAQ'ed already. Why does Scum need them back?

The one thing that everyone in the community actually agrees upon is a Jumpmaster nerf. What about Jumpmaster II?

I would like to respectfully say that the community never agrees upon anything in X-wing. There are many examples of the majorities groupthink about the meta being totally wrong.

• I'm totally okay with infinite bombs as implemented by Bomblet Generator
  • The jury is still out, but most Deadeye Scurrgs get into the 30 point range. I'm skeptical that a low PS, 1-agility ship over 30 points is viable.
  • I think Jumpmasters and Mindlink are just fine as they are. Generic Jumpmaster may be undercosted by 1-point, but it's not enough to require a nerf.

An interesting watch on the topic of trip Scurrgs.

I agree, no-where near the horror of trip scouts for the reasons posted by FGD - although you do wonder if Scum have got another great ship. More of a gimmick for Rebs, but hey ho. Having flown it though, it's a lot of fun and I think it'll be strong, but not OP.

Short answer, I haven't drilled down into this ship in detail yet. Like the JM5K, it doesn't (usually) get its value from any of the easily quantifiable methods:

• straight-up jousting
  • jousting + arc dodging
  • kiting with a turret

So a full analysis is more complicated. This ship is all about dropping bombs (i.e. Nym and the PS6 guy) and getting absurd alpha strikes off. Obviously we're seeing a lot of Nym with TLT, but that's not his main trick.

The Lok Revenant in the vid above is an example of something that's easy to analyze since it's just a straight up ML+TLT carrier, and can be directly compared (as an individual ship) to a TLT Y-wing. I haven't gotten to it yet, but it's in the queue. As a 3ATT carrier it's interesting in that it can get 4 dice R1 shots off. All the other TLT carriers I assume they just always find another target to shoot in when they would normally have a juicy range 1 shot. So that will be another thing to analyze.

As a comparative baseline, I can tell you that both the PS1 Scurgg and PS2 B-wing cost about 2 points more than their raw jousting value, if you discount pilot skill entirely. If you factor in pilot skill, then the PS1 Scurgg is obviously a little worse off. I.e. without any upgrades both ships are garbage in today's powercreep inflated meta. But we all already knew that anyway.

Edited by MajorJuggler

11 minutes ago, MajorJuggler said:

Short answer, I haven't drilled down into this ship in detail yet. Like the JM5K, it doesn't (usually) get its value from any of the easily quantifiable methods:

• straight-up jousting
  • jousting + arc dodging
  • kiting with a turret

So a full analysis is more complicated. This ship is all about dropping bombs (i.e. Nym and the PS6 guy) and getting absurd alpha strikes off. Obviously we're seeing a lot of Nym with TLT, but that's not his main trick.

The Lok Revenant in the vid above is an example of something that's easy to analyze since it's just a straight up ML+TLT carrier, and can be directly compared (as an individual ship) to a TLT Y-wing. I haven't gotten to it yet, but it's in the queue. As a 3ATT carrier it's interesting in that it can get 4 dice R1 shots off. All the other TLT carriers I assume they just always find another target to shoot in when they would normally have a juicy range 1 shot. So that will be another thing to analyze.

As a comparative baseline, I can tell you that both the PS1 Scurgg and PS2 B-wing cost about 2 points more than their raw jousting value, if you discount pilot skill entirely. If you factor in pilot skill, then the PS1 Scurgg is obviously a little worse off. I.e. without any upgrades both ships are garbage in today's powercreep inflated meta. But we all already knew that anyway.

What are the numbers/analysis so far on the Jumpmaster anyway? 

6 hours ago, eagletsi111 said:

Hey,

There is always Naysayers, but when the truth comes out and it will.    I want to be the first one who stated it.    Maybe I'm wrong, but we will see.

You are not the first, you won't be the last, and being right or wrong on this only hurts or helps the game... not you. 

8 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

How often are 2.0s downgrades?

Oh Nym is not a downgrade at all. Played my first tournament today and he was everywhere (compared to no gunship and 2 players with aggressors). Mid tournament players were already saying how crazy he is (both rebel and scum version). It was evident from the start that he would be OP: Turret + accuracy corrector + bomblets + PS 10 (VI) + good dial + 10hp and 1 agi (not fragile btw). People can deny it as much as they want, it wont take long for the stats to show just that.

Funny thing is Nym might actually be the downfall of the last remaining viable aces: Fenn and Old. Bombs + autohit autoblaster, yeah that was a super goog idea. Because you know, fragile ships were not struggling enough...

33 minutes ago, Thormind said:

Oh Nym is not a downgrade at all. Played my first tournament today and he was everywhere (compared to no gunship and 2 players with aggressors). Mid tournament players were already saying how crazy he is (both rebel and scum version). It was evident from the start that he would be OP: Turret + accuracy corrector + bomblets + PS 10 (VI) + good dial + 10hp and 1 agi (not fragile btw). People can deny it as much as they want, it wont take long for the stats to show just that.

Funny thing is Nym might actually be the downfall of the last remaining viable aces: Fenn and Old. Bombs + autohit autoblaster, yeah that was a super goog idea. Because you know, fragile ships were not struggling enough...

you're still talking about a ~40 point investment with little to no defense and without the mat area of the vcx to flex that autoblaster denial. while stand alone he may be awesome, fitting him into a list where he lasts long enough to get kills might be another story.

Edited by Ralgon

2 hours ago, Ralgon said:

you're still talking about a ~40 point investment with little to no defense and without the mat area of the vcx to flex that autoblaster denial. while stand alone he may be awesome, fitting him into a list where he lasts long enough to get kills might be another story.

Nym+Scout+TLT Ywing. Works well. Im sure there will be other better builds but that was the popular scum one at tournament today. I did not see any 2 similar build with rebel Nym so i guess people are still trying stuff.

Edit: well i got some results from the tournament:

Winner: Nym (VI+AC+Genius+Autoblaster+bomblets+title+vectoriel thrusters) + Poe ( intensity, yay more useful for rebels than for Imps  + R2D2 + title + primed thrusters + engine upgrade) + Rex (naked), Second: rebel Nym + 2 TLT Ywing. dont know about the rest yet.

Edited by Thormind

2 hours ago, Ralgon said:

Rebel VI bomblet ABT AC Havoc Nym.  Just enough points for Biggs/IA/R4D6 and a Lowhhrick with Sabine, Chewy, and Selflessness.  That'll let him live for a little while.

I call it that list....

..."The Sky Is Falling"

Double Entendre fully intended as apparently it's the end of X-wing it's so OP

13 hours ago, eagletsi111 said:

Hey,

There is always Naysayers, but when the truth comes out and it will.    I want to be the first one who stated it.    Maybe I'm wrong, but we will see.

You want to be the first one? Number one, that's pretty pathetic. Number two, if there are always naysayers, what makes you think your particular brand of naysaying would be somehow bizarrely special that people would give you credit for it, as opposed to all the other naysayers that you yourself admit are around? You think that you will get "credit" for asking someone else to prove that the ship is overpowered? How do you think that conversation goes? "Oh man, that eagletsi, he really knows his stuff about X Wing - I've never seen anyone quicker off the mark when it comes to asking other people to do work for him. We should get him on our podcast/ask him for advice/insist FFG hires him right now to fix the game of X Wing!"

Or is this going to be like your claim that FFG listens to you, and only you, when you "come up with" fairly obvious fixes that half of the forum already figured out before FFG published them because they're, you know, staffed by human beings with at least normal levels of intelligence?

Seriously dude, healthy self esteem is one thing, but you need some perspective.

13 minutes ago, MacchuWA said:

You want to be the first one? Number one, that's pretty pathetic. Number two, if there are always naysayers, what makes you think your particular brand of naysaying would be somehow bizarrely special that people would give you credit for it, as opposed to all the other naysayers that you yourself admit are around? You think that you will get "credit" for asking someone else to prove that the ship is overpowered? How do you think that conversation goes? "Oh man, that eagletsi, he really knows his stuff about X Wing - I've never seen anyone quicker off the mark when it comes to asking other people to do work for him. We should get him on our podcast/ask him for advice/insist FFG hires him right now to fix the game of X Wing!"

Or is this going to be like your claim that FFG listens to you, and only you, when you "come up with" fairly obvious fixes that half of the forum already figured out before FFG published them because they're, you know, staffed by human beings with at least normal levels of intelligence?

Seriously dude, healthy self esteem is one thing, but you need some perspective.

Don't listen to this man OP, he knows that you're mostly right about this and wants to discredit you by personally attacking you.

Continue with your righteous crusade.

I played 4 games with 2 Deadeye Scurggs and Fenn Rau today. It took A LOT of PURE SKILL to fly at my opponent and perform the focus action until my opponent was killed by my Skill Bullets.

I'm trying to remember if I got to fire off all 16 of my Skill Bullets or not. May have only fired 15, maybe 14 of them.

It sure isn't easy to get as good as I am.

Edited by SaltMaster 5000

In order for majorjuggler to correctly show how the ship is faring, he needs data. And not just one weekend. The ships are new, so this weeks data is going to be a bit skewed because people are going "what is that ship?". I would guess at a minimum he needs 3-4 weekends worth of store championships before he can begin to compile data to show how the ship is faring. 

19 minutes ago, SaltMaster 5000 said:

Don't listen to this man OP, he knows that you're mostly right about this and wants to discredit you by personally attacking you.

Continue with your righteous crusade.

I played 4 games with 2 Deadeye Scurggs and Fenn Rau today. It took A LOT of PURE SKILL to fly at my opponent and perform the focus action until my opponent was killed by my Skill Bullets.

I'm trying to remember if I got to fire off all 16 of my Skill Bullets or not. May have only fired 15, maybe 14 of them.

It sure isn't easy to get as good as I am.

4 games with a new ship that no one has the dial memorized for yet is really nothing compared to the game state as a whole. If you're still getting the same results in a month then you might have some credibility to the notion that the ship may be broken. New ships are always going to wreck house until people learn how to deal with them.  If they still stay on top after adjustments to lists from players are made, then FFG may need to look into it. If action is required, and FFG pulls out the nerf bat, and then the ship still tops, then it get's jumpmaster 2.0 status. But 1 weekend of X-wing does not a broken ship make.