Sign in to follow this  
Stone37

Favorite FN Deck?

So I think I'm going to play at a local tournament tonight.  My go-to is eJango/eVeers.  I've already replaced Veers with eFN-2199 along with a few cards from SoR that make this deck even faster.

I've also been thinking about eFN/eVader (Apprentice).  Blue could be used for dice control and read can bring the pain.  I think this pair also takes better advantage of Vibro Knife. Thoughts?

What's your favorite FN Deck and why?

Here is the deck I'm playing with...

Character: (30/30)  
2x Darth Vader (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x FN-2199 (Spirit of Rebellion) 

Battlefield:  

Event: (18)  
2x Close Quarters Assault (Awakenings) 
2x Collateral Damage (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Feel Your Anger (Awakenings) 
2x Force Strike (Awakenings) 
2x Isolation (Awakenings) 
2x Manipulate (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x No Mercy (Awakenings) 
2x Trust Your Instincts (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Deflect (Awakenings) 

Support: (0)  

Upgrade: (12)  
2x Z6 Riot Control Baton (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Vibroknife (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Makashi Training (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Imperial Discipline (Spirit of Rebellion) 
2x Lightsaber (Awakenings) 
2x Now I Am the Master (Spirit of Rebellion) 

My personal experience with FN is that his ability is more useful than his dice, so he's better off non-elite to save points. I know eUnkar/FN-2199/Trooper is a really good deck, just by studying the meta. there's a lot of stuff you can do with 20 points though - you could try IG-88 (who I'm still not convinced is good, but you could try it out), or two Death Troopers. Or you could try Greivous (again, he's not great, and the points don't line up, but it could be fun.)

I like your deck though! That looks really good! Maybe add a few more weapons, so you get more use out of FN's ability? 

I won a store championship last night with e fn2199 and e Jango. Dice removal cards, such as he doesn't like you and electroshock, are very important because if you aren't rolling enough damage early on you are likely to lose.

1 hour ago, scoddyboy said:

I won a store championship last night with e fn2199 and e Jango. Dice removal cards, such as he doesn't like you and electroshock, are very important because if you aren't rolling enough damage early on you are likely to lose.

I love this deck, been playing the High Noon variant on swdestiny.db

2 hours ago, scoddyboy said:

That's the deck that I'm thinking of playing now...  Basically traded out Veers for FN and then changed around some cards that make the deck even faster.  I think I'm going to see how that does and then come back to my Vader/FN idea.

It works well because your opponent is afraid to activate triggering Jango' s ability, especially if he has fast hands as well. This tends to lead to them targeting Jango first and allows you to build up Fn with lots of upgrades.

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎14 at 4:27 PM, Stone37 said:

So I think I'm going to play at a local tournament tonight.  My go-to is eJango/eVeers.

Not to derail your plans here, but the old Jango/Veers deck gained a lot with We Have Them Now and Bait and Switch imo (Flame Thrower got a new life with BaS too). As it´s blistering fast you can most often outclaim most decks. I'm playing it at sparring nights and it does well.

3 hours ago, Scactha said:

Not to derail your plans here, but the old Jango/Veers deck gained a lot with We Have Them Now and Bait and Switch imo (Flame Thrower got a new life with BaS too). As it´s blistering fast you can most often outclaim most decks. I'm playing it at sparring nights and it does well.

Veers dice  are amazing, Jangos not as much.  I can kill  a character  turn one  most days. The real problem is when Jango dice are cold. His dice really keeps this pair from being top tier. Still if you don't mind loosing a game or two. The Jango, Veers combo can sure turn a store championship on it's ear. Playing against Poe, maz, and watching the look on their face  when Poe dies turn one.

Im currently toying with eBala/Fn/Royal.

Idea is to keep royal soaking as much damage as possible and when one of your key chars is dead you still have second one that should be packed up (Redeploys FTW!) with scary ability on both of them (either Bala with his multiple activations endgame , or FN with his weapons sheanigans), key is to soften up the enemy enough that that one char with 3 upgrades is able to finish up the game.

http://swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/11644/rebeltroopers-youaredoomed-1.0

Here is mine, I quit running tactical mastery and run air support (whatever card gives 3 shields like back up muscle) -1 f11d, -1 Iqa rifle, +2 dh-17 (which I'm actually not loving tbh). Also, battle formation isn't having the umph I thought it was going to. It's nice for sure, but I was thinking it would be a hammer for this deck, I think however the mixed damage provides mixed results with it.