Sign in to follow this  
StLemon

City of Ruins Rules up.

Arkham Horror: Call of Cthulhu boardgame  (Chaosium has RPG rights. WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS IN STYLIZED FORM) 

Elder Sign: Arkham Horror Files

Eldritch Horror: Arkham Horror Files

Arkham Horror The Card Game: ?  What happened to this one?

(Offtopic: First game 30 years ago. Will they do anniversary edition... They own Arkham Horror. I read some interview with Richard Launius about that. Maybe he just wished they make something.)

On 20.7.2017 at 9:27 PM, mulletcheese said:

There is a good chance that arkham horror files will get its own rpg setting as well.

That would be so awesome! I love the Star Wars setting and the mechanics they used. Converting that to Cthulhu ... OMG!!! More awesomeness!!! :)

I'd have to respectfully disagree on the expansions being disappointments. I don't like excessively complicated rules that take all that time just to learn. I think if you want to make your own house rules, go for it. But I'd rather play the game. 

4 hours ago, Matt620 said:

I'd have to respectfully disagree on the expansions being disappointments. I don't like excessively complicated rules that take all that time just to learn. I think if you want to make your own house rules, go for it. But I'd rather play the game. 

Well, I never said I'm disappointed because of simple rules or lack of creative content. I don't know if you were referring to me among the others, I'm clearing this one up just in case.

16 hours ago, Matt620 said:

Agreed.  Eldritch has enough going on already.  Other than the occasional minor new mechanic or deck (Distasters, Mystic Ruins, Adventures, Preludes, etc) I never wanted more than exactly what the expansions gave us:  More Ancient Ones to battle, more Investigators to use, and more stuff for all the decks.

To each their own, but I've really liked how FFG has handled this game, and avoided turning it into the bloated mess AH became after all of its expansions.

3 minutes ago, KBlumhardt said:

Agreed.  Eldritch has enough going on already.  Other than the occasional minor new mechanic or deck (Distasters, Mystic Ruins, Adventures, Preludes, etc) I never wanted more than exactly what the expansions gave us:  More Ancient Ones to battle, more Investigators to use, and more stuff for all the decks.

To each their own, but I've really liked how FFG has handled this game, and avoided turning it into the bloated mess AH became after all of its expansions.

Yeah, Arkham was crazy complicated as it was just in the base game. Adding all that extra stuff just made it nearly unmanageable. 

1 hour ago, Eldan985 said:

I'll have to see how much of the artwork I can find online given that I don't have the game yet, but i'm making my own devastation tokens. Something like this:

That's... beautiful.  We'd love you forever if you'd finish the set and post them here to be printed out and used! :)

One eensy tip, though?  I'd 'blank out' the "Defeat Monsters" area, since that doesn't really apply anymore after the city has been devastated.

Edited by KBlumhardt

That was a quick lunchbreak job. Gimme some time and I'll do the full set properly. And probably rename the place to "Ruins of Tokyo", which should take the place.

That said, I can't quite do the full set yet, I can't find the artwork for most of the cities online and I don't have the expansion yet.Insert other media

Edited by Eldan985

First, thanks for the great devastation counter art.

Question about the rules.

I'm playing with SM as the ancient one so Rome starts out as destroyed. 

One character is AshCan Pete who starts in Scandinavia.  I need to move him to London.  If Rome still existed I would use his rail line movement through Rome to London.

I know I can't buy tickets in Rome (no longer a city), but what about rail movement.  I couldn't find a rule that says rail lines in and out of devastated cities are no longer rail lines.  Or "an investigator moving into a devastated space must stop movement in that space"  (and thereby have a devastation encounter).  But it seems that should be the case.  Am I missing something.

Thanks

Tom

20 hours ago, twm47099 said:

I couldn't find a rule that says rail lines in and out of devastated cities are no longer rail lines.  Or "an investigator moving into a devastated space must stop movement in that space"

Because the are no such rules.

On 8/5/2017 at 3:45 PM, twm47099 said:

First, thanks for the great devastation counter art.

Question about the rules.

I'm playing with SM as the ancient one so Rome starts out as destroyed. 

One character is AshCan Pete who starts in Scandinavia.  I need to move him to London.  If Rome still existed I would use his rail line movement through Rome to London.

I know I can't buy tickets in Rome (no longer a city), but what about rail movement.  I couldn't find a rule that says rail lines in and out of devastated cities are no longer rail lines.  Or "an investigator moving into a devastated space must stop movement in that space"  (and thereby have a devastation encounter).  But it seems that should be the case.  Am I missing something.

Thanks

Tom

You can still move by rail/ship into a devastated city, and you may leave a devastated city by rail/ship. 

I agree, it might have been thematic to make those no longer accessible by rail/ship. But they are.