Joe From Cincinnati

Hida Guardian courtesy of Bad Publicity

"While this character is participating in a conflict..." 

So does that mean the buffs go away if this character leaves the conflict? Or since it is a triggered action, once the buff is triggered, the target character gets to keep it regardless of what happens to Hida Guardian? I really hope it's the former, at least if I'm playing against Crab. If it's the latter, I just might have to jump on that Crab bandwagon after all. He might even be worth putting the extra fate on, just to abuse that ability an extra round. Plus he's Bushi, so if you're splashing Lion with For Great Glory he'd benefit right alongside your powerhouses.

21 minutes ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

So does that mean the buffs go away if this character leaves the conflict? Or since it is a triggered action, once the buff is triggered, the target character gets to keep it regardless of what happens to Hida Guardian? I really hope it's the former, at least if I'm playing against Crab. If it's the latter, I just might have to jump on that Crab bandwagon after all. He might even be worth putting the extra fate on, just to abuse that ability an extra round. Plus he's Bushi, so if you're splashing Lion with For Great Glory he'd benefit right alongside your powerhouses.

Hmm.

Well. the Guardian can only use the ability while it is participating in the conflict, and it has to target another character that is also participating.

That said, as far as I can tell, there's no reason the bonus would go away if the Guardian and / or the ability's target leave the conflict. It shouldn't matter much, though, since the bonus goes away after the conflict is resolved.

Great googamoogah!  That card's fantastic!  I can't believe I just played 2 games as Crab without it!

1 hour ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

So does that mean the buffs go away if this character leaves the conflict? Or since it is a triggered action, once the buff is triggered, the target character gets to keep it regardless of what happens to Hida Guardian?

It's the latter; the restriction is on when you play the action, it doesn't affect anything after.

15 minutes ago, Kubernes said:

It's a solid 1 drop but not necessarily nuts. In the right deck we're generally looking at a  2/2 buff. Any more and you're potentially looking at a personality shortage at the wrong time.

I think that if that's an issue it will be very rare, but something to deal with anyway. Their strong defence and their economy gain just says to me that if you're dropping two guys a turn, those guys are going to be loaded. And lets not forget the guys that can come into play from the hand.

7 minutes ago, Daigotsu Steve said:

I think that if that's an issue it will be very rare, but something to deal with anyway. Their strong defence and their economy gain just says to me that if you're dropping two guys a turn, those guys are going to be loaded. And lets not forget the guys that can come into play from the hand.

Crab are probably going to try and run 10 personalities in their conflict decks I am guessing. And if we ever get something that allows us to run more we will.

2 minutes ago, MoZi said:

Crab are probably going to try and run 10 personalities in their conflict decks I am guessing. And if we ever get something that allows us to run more we will.

I think that crab dropping guys in conflict is definitely going to be a thing. Between their want to have holdings, one of those holdings being Funeral Pyre, and Shrewd Yasuki keeping the quality of the cards up, I think they'll be fine on the board basically all the time. The draw cards allowing for low bids also means that the threat of Commander Dishonor isn't something some clans will be able to ignore. Bid 2 to dragons 5, they're down to single digit honor and you've got Intimidating Hida and the potential for Ring of Fire stuff as well.

I'm reckoning that Crabs are going to be going hard mulligan for Yojimbo on board and The Mountain Does Not Fall in hand. Load that Yojimbo up, pass, get the extra fate, keep a bank of fate going forward and then you're set basically. At least that's what my day -1 theorycraft tells me is a good place to start =p

2 hours ago, MoZi said:

This card changes every conversation we were having about Crab meta after Wednesday's spoils. And there are still a lot of spoils to come. Yaheiko didn't disappoint! Really excited to play my Crabbies :3

Well, 3 spoils: 2 characters (one 1 or 2 cost, the other 2 or 3) and the text of Rebuild.

I will admit that all the previews of the Crab clan really reflect the Clan mentality, which is working as a team, no matter the cost. I'm really happy to see all of these. I was afraid to see mainly huge strong brutes, my fear was wrong.

We are the wall!

I like how FFG works us up with concern over a clan, then puts out cards that make us relieved and happy. This is like a good drama show.

Plus we get to vote in polls and when we cry about things (like GenCon), they swoop in to resolve the issue.

Jevis, grab my popcorn!

9 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

As long as this game rules keep the same principles as other FFG games, you should jump on that Crab bandwagon.

This char is required to be in a conflict in order to trigger his ability, but then the bonus is granted until the end of the conflict, whether the guardian is in the conflict or not.

So, this man is a good friend of the steadfast witch hunter...

9 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

For those of us with issues displaying images in forums, could someone please post the stats/text?

Action: While this character is participating in an conflict, choose another participating character - until the end of the conflict that character gets +2M and +2P for each holding you control.

Stats: 1/1 for 1 Fate and 1 Glory.

Not that it's that big of deal but I have to point out that the character on the card's art is female. 

http://www.imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=3233,#hashid=181bbf39fc03086c0083c5c41ff45cfc,#cardcount=3

http://www.imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=3234,#hashid=181bbf39fc03086c0083c5c41ff45cfc,#cardcount=4

Kisada too would have had to double check her since she's so tough. :D

I've only brought it up cause I've seen her referred to as a male at least twice in the threads. 

Edited by HirumaShigure

On 7/14/2017 at 2:33 AM, Daigotsu Steve said:

I'm reckoning that Crabs are going to be going hard mulligan for Yojimbo on board and The Mountain Does Not Fall in hand. Load that Yojimbo up, pass, get the extra fate, keep a bank of fate going forward and then you're set basically. At least that's what my day -1 theorycraft tells me is a good place to start =p

OP setup: Yojimbo, Eager Scout, Funeral Pyre.

On 7/14/2017 at 3:20 PM, HirumaShigure said:

Not that it's that big of deal but I have to point out that the character on the card's art is female. 

http://www.imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=3233,#hashid=181bbf39fc03086c0083c5c41ff45cfc,#cardcount=3

http://www.imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=3234,#hashid=181bbf39fc03086c0083c5c41ff45cfc,#cardcount=4

Kisada too would have had to double check her since she's so tough. :D

I've only brought it up cause I've seen her referred to as a male at least twice in the threads. 

Yaheiko was pretty manly.