Sign in to follow this  
Polda

This should not have been printed vol. 1

So here's an idea that will result in absolutely no salt whatsoever :D

Can you name cards (not just units and upgrades, deployments, objectives and terrain too) that in your opinion should not have been printed because of any of these or other reasons?

- They are too weak

- They are too powerful

- They are too swingy

- They favour one faction

- They are not fun for the winning nor the losing side

- They are too expensive

- They require you to buy packs you don't otherwise need

edit: forgot about Morale cards. Morale cards too.

Edited by Polda

Do Daqan have a marching drummer type? If not then the card makes sense.

for waiqar it's basically a non figure marching drummer.

in general I feel everything has at least a niche use and is fairly priced.

1 hour ago, Jukey said:

Do Daqan have a marching drummer type? If not then the card makes sense.

for waiqar it's basically a non figure marching drummer.

in general I feel everything has at least a niche use and is fairly priced.

They have a marching super dragon horn, way cooler than drummer.  Metered march is just a better card imo... (than trumpets) 

How about that morale card that gives 2 panic? Every time I get 2 panic on someone and dial in a third one, I pull three cards, realise two do nothing for me and I end up with just putting the 2 panic back :D and nothing changes... better luck next round!

Edited by Polda

4 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

I kinda dislike Lance Corporal as it is an exhaust and 6 points. It is kinda meh right now.

I've seen that card do some serious work, but yes, it is expensive.  Shield stars getting 2 def + shield wall after attack 3.  Or that extra hit.  Gets scary.

On 7/14/2017 at 1:51 AM, Polda said:

How about that morale card that gives 2 panic? Every time I get 2 panic on someone and dial in a third one, I pull three cards, realise two do nothing for me and I end up with just putting the 2 panic back :D and nothing changes... better luck next round!

You have to spend the panic tokens to start a morale test.  If you can't buy any of the cards, you don't get to put the tokens back.  They were already spent.  If you spent enough panic to use any of the cards, you must use one of them. 

EDIT

I'm silly.  I get what you are saying.  You use the morale card that gives two panic, so you basically spent a panic for nothing.

Edited by rowdyoctopus

WHAT?! Lance Corporal is legit! i love that card

However i kinda wish Margath wasnt a thing or was capped at 3 or exhausted. It has counters, but especially on Haw(thorns) (who is init2 buffing up to 5armor...) it can crush so many models for no effort or chance. I've been avoiding it because every game i ran it ooof that was probably the most damaging thing in my army.

Master Crafted Weapons is kinda pathetic since Tempered Steel exists lol. You're never going to add 2 damage in one attack with Master Crafted Weapons, and if you somehow did that means your damage is pretty low anyway. 2 surge is generally difficult to get on most units and/or they have an innate 2surge ability anyway that they'd rather get. Sorta wish it was an expensive upgrade (7-9pts?) but was 1 surge.

edit: Polda was probably talking about drawing the 2 panic morale in the 3 he drew. Ive done that alot, cause a Sev3-4 test and literally just choose to put 2 tokens back down because the other cards were worthless.

Edited by Vineheart01

3 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Master Crafted Weapons is kinda pathetic since Tempered Steel exists lol. You're never going to add 2 damage in one attack with Master Crafted Weapons, and if you somehow did that means your damage is pretty low anyway. 2 surge is generally difficult to get on most units and/or they have an innate 2surge ability anyway that they'd rather get. Sorta wish it was an expensive upgrade (7-9pts?) but was 1 surge.

unless you are running carrion lancer with CI...then MCW is great

39 minutes ago, Bhelliom said:

Rank Discipline is probably too strong for its cost. Going from zero to one rerolls is such a huge damage upgrade, and only 4 points.

That's okay - it gives Mistlands Saboteur a nice target. In some matches he's absolutely useless because figure upgrades are generally better.

1 hour ago, Bhelliom said:

Rank Discipline is probably too strong for its cost. Going from zero to one rerolls is such a huge damage upgrade, and only 4 points.

also has some severe competition in the training slot already,  Combat Ingenuity for some, Moment of Inspiration.  So it kind of has an opportunity cost as well. 

I'll play along, Ardus.  More expensive than Kari, no re-roll built in (like Kari), no ranged attack (like Kari) much weaker ability since it's limited to range 3 (unlike Kari's that has range 5 and at this point no requirement on line of sight).  His cost is way too high.

6 minutes ago, backupsidekick said:

I'll play along, Ardus.  More expensive than Kari, no re-roll built in (like Kari), no ranged attack (like Kari) much weaker ability since it's limited to range 3 (unlike Kari's that has range 5 and at this point no requirement on line of sight).  His cost is way too high.

He may still be too expensive overall, but keep in mind that his army building ability is part of his cost. He can quite plausibly save you 30+ points on unit size to access upgrades, though of course those points would still buy you more trays etc. Definitely feels like they priced him conservatively based on his army synergy to future proof him.

12 minutes ago, Bhelliom said:

He may still be too expensive overall, but keep in mind that his army building ability is part of his cost. He can quite plausibly save you 30+ points on unit size to access upgrades, though of course those points would still buy you more trays etc. Definitely feels like they priced him conservatively based on his army synergy to future proof him.

And 2 white die attack, I've seen that hit monstrously. Reaping blade makes him the golem bane.

I would say that I VASTLY prefer Ancient Technique to Ardus' Fury.  Ardus without rerolls can be very underwhelming whereas Ardus with re-rolls has consistently been a beast in my games.

Edited by Willange

Just now, Willange said:

I would say about Ardus though, that I VASTLY prefer Ancient Technique to Ardus' Fury.  Ardus without rerolls can be very underwhelming whereas Ardus with re-rolls has consistently been a beast in my games.

Agreed.  Which is frustrating that he has an upgrade slot that immediately HAS to go to an ability that should have been built into his character from the start.  2 white dice that miss are worthless.  The risk of charging Ardus at a Rune Golem with Threat of 4 or 5, and having him miss, it's just simply not worth it.  That upgrade slot will ALWAYS have Ancient Technique, which puts him at 39 to start, with no real true upgrades.

1 hour ago, backupsidekick said:

Agreed.  Which is frustrating that he has an upgrade slot that immediately HAS to go to an ability that should have been built into his character from the start.  2 white dice that miss are worthless.  The risk of charging Ardus at a Rune Golem with Threat of 4 or 5, and having him miss, it's just simply not worth it.  That upgrade slot will ALWAYS have Ancient Technique, which puts him at 39 to start, with no real true upgrades.

I do harbor hope that one day undead will have enough useful surge abilities to make Ardus' Fury a reasonable alternative, if a risky one.  

16 hours ago, Jukey said:

That morale card really sucks if you have cursed signets.

get whacked by horsemen, take a wound for impact, dice roll, ouch! Then, here's two more wounds.

Speaking of which.... Cursed Signets.

Maybe a unit will come along one day that makes it make sense, but wounds are in no way preferable to banes, IMO.