Sign in to follow this  
Blutsteigen

Shield of Margath -- unlimited power or readied?

We played the starter tonight plus some upgrades, totaling about 125 points each.

I had the Shield of Margath on Ardus.  He killed Kari in combat because she kept taking a point of damage after striking. Does this need to be readied after use? It seems awfully powerful when unlimited. We both were a bit perplexed.

17 minutes ago, Bhelliom said:

Nope, doesn't exhaust on use, so triggers every time you're attacked. Not a good one on one for Kari to get in to!

Only works on Melee so that is a limitation. And you can only have one per army. Problem is that Daqan lack ranged units other than Kari.

Melee only so i dont know why kari wasnt shooting him rather than attacking. Ardus can kick her butt even without Margath.
The best way to counter them in melee is oversaturation and heavy, heavy damage. If you are dealing 3-4 damage to me when i attack but i have a 3x3, meh because i probably just did 2-3 wounds to you if not flatout killed you.