FTS Gecko

(SPOILERS) Game Of Thrones Season 7 Discussion

2 hours ago, BadMotivator said:

Tonight's episode was pretty cool too. Didn't expect the Tarlys to just get roasted.  The meeting with Tyrion and Jamie was unexpected as well.

Jamie is in full "OH FETH ME! DRAGONS!" mode too.

I actually thought the Tarly's were going to get eaten, mostly because I figure Drogon's gotta eat. So unless he and the other dragons are fishing for whales around Dragonstone he has got to be hungry.

Yeah I thought it was a pretty cool episode and good prep for an even stronger episode next week. Just a couple minor disappointments; but I figure they'll be reconciled before the end of the season.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:42 AM, BadMotivator said:

Exactly. Its the prophecy that she got from the witch. There was a flashback last season or the one before I think with young Cerci getting a prophecy from this witch. It said she would have 3 children as queen, they would all die with golden shrouds. She would be replaced as queen by a younger more beautiful women. And finally she would be strangled by her younger brother.

She thinks the Prophecy refers to Tyrion killing her. But she's glossed over Jamie technically being her younger brother since he came out after she did.

Ah yes, the "Valonqar". The quote is "the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you". Valonqar is a gender neutral term (like the term for the Prince or Princess that was promised). So it could be Jaime, or Tyrion, or Dany, or Jon Snow (youngest of Rhaegar's children), or Arya, or the Hound, or Bran (long shot).

How about this: Cersei gives birth to her and Jaime's still born kid (a son), and she dies after childbirth with its little newborn arms around her neck hugging her as she dies like Lyanna did. Her throat would be pale from blood loss.

Edited by HaranHaste

11 hours ago, ImNtDead said:

I actually thought the Tarly's were going to get eaten, mostly because I figure Drogon's gotta eat. So unless he and the other dragons are fishing for whales around Dragonstone he has got to be hungry.

Well to much armour on them - guess thats not so tasty :P

My guess is the dragons are being fed by Dany. She can probably afford a steady stream of cattle and pigs to keep them happy. Plus whatever they can forage.

The dragons are quite large, but their caloric needs actually wouldn't be as big as you'd think. Flying is an efficient means of transport. They'd survive on maybe a single large meal a week, which could be as simple as a ton of caught fish or a half dozen horses/cows. They'd need more if actively fighting, but battles leave plenty of meat lying around. And Drogon isn't picky about eating people...

Also Gilly almost revealed that Liana and Rhaeghar were married, and Sam was oblivious.

9 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

If she had said Rhaegar he would have exploded, imo. 

I think she said Rhaegar didn't she?

Really liked the episode. From now on, don't really care what happens south of the Wall anymore. Happy to stick with the Suicide Squad as long as possible.

Is it just me or does everyone now just goes around in"fast travel" mode in general? 

12 hours ago, BadMotivator said:

My guess is the dragons are being fed by Dany. She can probably afford a steady stream of cattle and pigs to keep them happy. Plus whatever they can forage.

The dragons are quite large, but their caloric needs actually wouldn't be as big as you'd think. Flying is an efficient means of transport. They'd survive on maybe a single large meal a week, which could be as simple as a ton of caught fish or a half dozen horses/cows. They'd need more if actively fighting, but battles leave plenty of meat lying around. And Drogon isn't picky about eating people...

Also Gilly almost revealed that Liana and Rhaeghar were married, and Sam was oblivious.

Oh I'm sure the logistics for three large dragons is very impressive. Of course eating whales actually makes a lot of sense to me cause maybe all that blubber helps fuel the fires. Not that it matters really since the dragons are supposed to be extremely magical, which for that reason alone they might not have to eat that much.

Ohh Gilly bless her for the patience she has for putting up with Samwell. I am hoping they bring that back up again and don't just leave it at that.

23 minutes ago, bahourmat said:

Is it just me or does everyone now just goes around in"fast travel" mode in general?

Extremely super fast travel and I have to say with all the travel going on they could have made this season 10 episodes long. I imagine the loot train battle and the last two episodes devoured the budget.

21 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Epic raid party, bro.

PplrLtQr.png

Just don't go Leeroy Jenkins again, John.

I do love this picture because I've always liked the do or die mission stories ever since I saw The Dirty Dozen when I was a little kid. I gotta say I feel sorry for the four or five guys pulling the sled with some supplies cause non of them are gonna make it.

2 hours ago, bahourmat said:

Yeah, definitely.  Everything seems to be really rushed now, like they said they'll wrap it up in 14 episodes long before they sat down and realised they needed 30 episodes.  Characters are becoming pretty poorly written and not true to themselves - they'll spin on a dime from episode to episode in order to fill the needs of the plot.

32 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Yeah, definitely.  Everything seems to be really rushed now, like they said they'll wrap it up in 14 episodes long before they sat down and realised they needed 30 episodes.  Characters are becoming pretty poorly written and not true to themselves - they'll spin on a dime from episode to episode in order to fill the needs of the plot.

Yeah, that's my worry as well.  It's becoming all action at expense of writing and character.  One of my favourite non-battle scenes so far this year was in the very first episode, with Thoros, Beric and Clegane as they travelled North.  We're missing a lot of the little interactions between characters, that have helped make the series so great.  Just look at Brienne, for example.  She's been in all of, what, three 2 minute scenes so far this year?

There's only two episodes left this season.  If they'd done the usual ten they could have kept all the action but added a bit more dialogue, a few more personal moments between characters.  In the last episode alone there could have been a reunion between Tyrion and Bronn and a discussion between Mormont and Jon at the very least.

Think of aaaaaaaallll the brooding Jorah/Daenerys scenes we got in the earlier series.

This episode:
"You're back from certain death"
"I am, I journeyed the whole world to find a cure and return to your side"
"Bye then"
"Bye"

Edited by Stay On The Leader

7 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Yeah, that's my worry as well.  It's becoming all action at expense of writing and character.  One of my favourite non-battle scenes so far this year was in the very first episode, with Thoros, Beric and Clegane as they travelled North.  We're missing a lot of the little interactions between characters, that have helped make the series so great.  Just look at Brienne, for example.  She's been in all of, what, three 2 minute scenes so far this year?

There's only two episodes left this season.  If they'd done the usual ten they could have kept all the action but added a bit more dialogue, a few more personal moments between characters.  In the last episode alone there could have been a reunion between Tyrion and Bronn and a discussion between Mormont and Jon at the very least.

I do miss some of those and the series began with some nice moments early on.

It bugs me a bit to have these fast travel options pop up as the plot requires them, when it just took forever earlier on for this or that character to get anywhere, but hey...
I still loved some of the specific interactions. The meeting between Tyrion and Jaime was quite good, as well as that introduction between Gendry and Jon. But these come and go really fast now.
I used to find Baelish an interesting character "back in the day", although now he just comes across as annoying (yesterday, the only thing left was for him to twirl his mustache and snigger).

Edited by bahourmat

12 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Think of aaaaaaaallll the brooding Jorah/Daenerys scenes we got in the earlier series.

This episode:
"You're back from certain death"
"I am, I journeyed the whole world to find a cure and return to your side"
"Bye then"
"Bye"

Looking pretty hale and healthy for a man who'd essentially been flayed alive a couple of episodes earlier, as well.

7 hours ago, bahourmat said:

I think she said Rhaegar didn't she?

Really liked the episode. From now on, don't really care what happens south of the Wall anymore. Happy to stick with the Suicide Squad as long as possible.

She said "Ragger".