FTS Gecko

(SPOILERS) Game Of Thrones Season 7 Discussion

No Euron + no Sam + no Cersei = episode of the season so far, and I like Cersei.

Between Bran "I Know What You Did Last Summer" Stark and Arya "You Just Made The List!" Jericho, Littlefinger is f***ed/10 if he stays at Winterfell.  Wouldn't be surprised if he cuts his losses and heads back to the Vale or throws his lot in with Cersei at this point.

King Snow/King John has not had much time to shine so far this season, and going nuts in the Dragonstone Underdark with a stick of chalk is not exactly making best use of him.

Is it just me or do there seem to be a lot of (beloved) characters at the moment who are essentially just spinning their wheels until it's time to snuff it?

Dragons need to be classified as WMDs.  That was some Apocalypse Now s**t.

Probably not.  For Dany, the Lannisters and their allies, the Iron Throne is still the most important / only battle.  You can probably add the Vale as well, as although Littlefinger is playing nice with the Starks it's because he (currently) sees the North as his best route to the Iron Throne; I doubt he believes anything Jon has been saying about the army of the dead.  In fact, his meeting with Bran was probably the first time he's encountered something that might shake his own confidence and give him doubts.

Jon is still the only voice talking about the dead; and that's unlikely to change until one of the other leads witnesses the White Walkers first hand.

Oh, I definitely don't.  If anything, I thik the last episode put him front and centre again.

Lord Baelish holds the Vale.  The Vale has declared for House Stark.  But Littlefinger changes sides more often than he changes pants.  I'm sure he thought he could manipulate Sansa, and his gift was likely an attempt to manipulate Bran (which backfired spectacularly), and no doubt he knows a Faceless Man when he sees one.

Bran is no doubt perfectly aware of who owned the dagger, just as he's perfectly aware who betrayed his father.  He gave Arya the dagger, and if he lets her know why there's going to be another name on her list.

15 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

I have no idea where the story goes from here. Ok Dany you burned the food and a lot of dudes who would have helped us fight the NK. Do you feel satisfied yet? Can we move on to important stuff?

If the preview for the next one is any indication, looks like we're about to :)

Seen a lot of people saying "best Game of Thrones EVER " on social media, at work etc.  I'm not convinced.  It was an amazing episode, and probably makes the top ten, no doubt, but not sure it was the best.  Battle of the Illegitimate Children and Hardhome were better battle sequences for me, and both episodes ended with a grand, chilling payoff as opposed to a cliffhanger (I mean come on, how deep is the Blackwater really?  That river must have a seriously steep drop off).

It was great to finally see the Dothraki horde in action and Drogon unleashed at full power however, and the character work and sequences at Winterfell were really good as well. definitely the best episode of season 7 so far.

I think this battle was better story wise than BotB or HH. I'd also add Watchers on the Wall S4e9 to the list of amazing battle episodes. But FoF 2.0 is the first time we've genuinely been rooting for both sides. NOBODY wanted Bronn or Drogon to close out the match there at the end. I've never felt so conflicted. That's why it was my favorite.

Edited by TasteTheRainbow

14 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

But FoF 2.0 is the first time we've genuinely been rooting for both sides. NOBODY wanted Bronn or Drogon to close out the match there at the end. I've never felt so conflicted. That's why it was my favorite.

OK, I'll buy that viewpoint.  The stakes were higher because there were characters we cared about on both sides this time.  I still think the cinematography and battle sequences were better done in the BOB though, and the end of the episode was ghoulishly satisfying.

And where do we go now.  Jaime & Bronn captured... Bronn reunited with Tyrion, Jaime knows Tyrion didn't kill Joffrey and was cast out for nothing, but Tyrion did kill his dad, and Jaime did kill Daenerys' dad.

There's a lot of fat to chew over there.

On 8.08.2017 at 0:17 AM, FTS Gecko said:

Oh, I definitely don't.  If anything, I thik the last episode put him front and centre again.

Lord Baelish holds the Vale.  The Vale has declared for House Stark.  But Littlefinger changes sides more often than he changes pants.  I'm sure he thought he could manipulate Sansa, and his gift was likely an attempt to manipulate Bran (which backfired spectacularly), and no doubt he knows a Faceless Man when he sees one.

Bran is no doubt perfectly aware of who owned the dagger, just as he's perfectly aware who betrayed his father.  He gave Arya the dagger, and if he lets her know why there's going to be another name on her list.

To whom did the dagger belong? I do not remember... 

47 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

Ok but why is Jaime supposed to strangle Cercie?

well, either that is what BadMotivator speculates will happen, or he has investigated spoilers from the leak/hack and thinks because the (Spoilers) tag, it is okay to mention it. I am hoping for the first, and if it is actually the second, please do not confirm. 

8 hours ago, Sithborg said:

I think there is some sort of prophecy with how Cersei dies. 

Exactly. Its the prophecy that she got from the witch. There was a flashback last season or the one before I think with young Cerci getting a prophecy from this witch. It said she would have 3 children as queen, they would all die with golden shrouds. She would be replaced as queen by a younger more beautiful women. And finally she would be strangled by her younger brother.

She thinks the Prophecy refers to Tyrion killing her. But she's glossed over Jamie technically being her younger brother since he came out after she did.

This ain't any sort of spoiler. It was all in previous seasons.

Edited by BadMotivator

11 hours ago, BadMotivator said:

This ain't any sort of spoiler. It was all in previous seasons.

There's been a couple of hints at it this season as well.  Most notably the scene with Jamie and Cersei standing on the Westeros map