FTS Gecko

(SPOILERS) Game Of Thrones Season 7 Discussion

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, Jo Jo said:

So where the **** is Jaime going to go? North? Is he going to try and recruit some of the Lannister armies to his side?

I assume so - given that the falling-out is all about keeping his word. I doubt he'd try and bring anyone with him given that he's pointedly not wearing lion-head plate anymore, and if he was taking anyone from the army with him he'd probably have started recruiting before leaving King's Landing.

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:57 PM, Pooleman said:

I don't think she will ever get to child birth. Remember the fortune telling that she met as a tween that told her about the death of her three children? A fourth child was not mentioned, so I don't think she will ever have a 4th child.

Didn't that suggest her little brother would be responsible for her death? Which implies either Jamie (he is younger, even if only a bit) or Tyrion.

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, ImNtDead said:

Yeah I hope it starts that way, followed by a mass retreat to Winterfell. Of course a lot of season 8 will also depend on the movements of the Night King and his over all strategy

A lot of it will also depend on whether the news arrives at Winterfell before John does; given her through-gritted-teeth response to leaving the Karstarks, etc, their castles, I can't see Sansa rushing out with all the troops they have en masse to fight for the outlying castles of people she doesn't really want alive anyway; if she does anything she'll just tell them to run back to winterfell.

John might try to face them in the field, depending on what he's got available (Dothraki horse archers, for example, are much more useful in the field than a siege).

Edited by Magnus Grendel

3 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Didn't that suggest her little brother would be responsible for her death? Which implies either Jamie (he is younger, even if only a bit) or Tyrion.

The prophecy didn't specify HER little brother. The term that was used was Valonqar which is High Valerian for "little brother", but High Valerian is gender neutral, as stated my Missandei; so it could be a little sister and that opens it up to anyone who has an older sibling (Jaime, Tyrion, Daenerys, Jon, Sansa, Bran, Arya, The Hound, Theon, Yara, etc.)

3 hours ago, HaranHaste said:

The prophecy didn't specify HER little brother. The term that was used was Valonqar which is High Valerian for "little brother", but High Valerian is gender neutral, as stated my Missandei; so it could be a little sister and that opens it up to anyone who has an older sibling (Jaime, Tyrion, Daenerys, Jon, Sansa, Bran, Arya, The Hound, Theon, Yara, etc.)

High Valyrian as a language isn't gender neutral; Missandei states in the TV series that the word for "Prince" in High Valyrian is gender neutral.  Hence "The Prince That Was Promised" becomes Prince or Princess.  There's no evidence to suggest that "Valonquar" shares any kind of similar dual meaning, we're told in the books it simply means "Little Brother".

Edited by FTS Gecko

8 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

A lot of it will also depend on whether the news arrives at Winterfell before John does; given her through-gritted-teeth response to leaving the Karstarks, etc, their castles, I can't see Sansa rushing out with all the troops they have en masse to fight for the outlying castles of people she doesn't really want alive anyway; if she does anything she'll just tell them to run back to winterfell.

John might try to face them in the field, depending on what he's got available (Dothraki horse archers, for example, are much more useful in the field than a siege).

Sansa didn't want the remaining Umber's and Karstark's dead she just felt they were no longer entitled to their castles and privileges. Sansa also knew the bulk of the North will be retreating for Winterfell which was why she was having supplies sent ahead of time. I don't think Sansa will fight for the Last Hearth or Karhold not because she was unhappy with their families; but because time would be against her. Plus those castles are not gonna last long when the Night King and his new pet blasts them apart.

The Knights of the Vale and the Dothraki may be highly mobile; but that's going to depend on how heavy the snows get. This also depends on how much experience the Dothraki have with the cold. Not saying thye don't just saying we don't know how much they have.

We also do not know how much dragon glass has been mined. Hopefully they have been making lots and lots of arrows and spears. Keeping the army of the dead at a distance is the best strategy and that's where it would be great if the Dothraki horse archers can stay mobile. As for those not being able to stay mobile, holding up in the castle would be the best strategy; but only if Daenerys and her last two dragons are there to fight the Night King.

As for they Night Kings Strategy well he seems like a very slow methodical type where he can be sure to bring his full overwhelming might against an enemy so he will definitely take his time. If he heads south immediately he'll hit Last Hearth for sure cause it right in his path. From there he will have to choose weather to go east and hit Karhold of Southwest to Winterfell. If he goes east the living could place troops in the Bolton's old castle known as the Dreadfort which is between Winterfell and Karhold; Jon will mostly like consolidate all his forces at Winterfell and wait for the Nightking and his undead host.

Edited by ImNtDead

I thought Missandei said  in the show that in general Valyrian didn't use gender pronouns, but I guess I have been wrong twice in my life, bound to have a third time come up :) 

Book meaning is irrelevant to the show at this point.

Cersi will die by:

a) childbirth (baby kills her) or stillborn baby becomes a wight and choked her out with tiny baby hands

b) arya stabbing the baby belly and then choking her out

c) Dany choking her out

All three can be considered someone's younger sibling.  

On 9/1/2017 at 2:43 AM, Magnus Grendel said:

Well, technically Jamie did get her knocked up(again). If she dies in childbirth it would (sort of) be his fault.