FTS Gecko

(SPOILERS) Game Of Thrones Season 7 Discussion

The opening and ending were pretty good, but a lot of remember these characters and remember they are here in the middle.

Not a bad start though.

Edited by Jo Jo

3 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

The opening and ending were pretty good, but a lot of remember these characters and remember they are here in the middle.

Yep, a lot of scene-setting, and a bit of repetition from the end of season six.  I get the feeling the pace will increase substantially next week.

3 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

The Hound and Thoros stole that episode. 

"You think you're fooling anyone with that top knot?"

Yeah, the Hound, Thoros and Beric make a really good partnership.  I guess we know where they're headed now!

Liked this. The bit of editing on poor Sam's "A Clash of Bedpans" was pretty funny.

The opening scene was a nice "f*** yeah" moment as well.

Overall, I actually liked that there seemed to be a few call backs to the themes in a Feast for Crows (the one without all the blood and gore). Particularly enjoyed both Arya's (yeah, Sheeran didn't bother me tbh) and the Hound's scenes to drive home the way the game of thrones is all well and good, as long as you're not a peasant or a grunt being shat on by all the lords and ladies.

Also enjoyed Sansa's little moment with Littlefinger. That "No need to have the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll pretend it was something clever." quote was great.

Favourite bits from episode 1:

• The Hound returning to the scene of the crime with Beric and Thoros in tow.
  • Lady Mormont continuing to layeth the smack down on Robett Glover
  • The feast for Freys, and Walder's last speech
  • Jon and Sansa butting heads while Littlefinger smirks in the corner

Pet peeve:

• Why is Sam's old man not trying to hammer the doors of the Citadel down and get his sword back?

Hopes for episode 2:

• Arya standing over Ed Sheeran's cold, dead body

OK, well now we know why Sam's old man wasn't hammering the doors of the Citadel down; he'd been summoned to King's Landing.  Although considering the Tarly's love of hunting, I can't believe Sam made it to Old Town in the first place.

Also thanks Jorah for putting me right off my cornflakes.  And Euron's timing is simply tragic.

Just watched Angry Joe's review of episode 2.  I really wish I hadn't, it was rage inciting.  No wonder they've disabled the comments.

Joe:  "...and this was the first time Danerys and Varys have met"

Co-host:  "No, they've met before a couple of times."

Joe:  "...yeah, it was the first time they've met face to face."

Then he starts calling Melisandre "the Red Queen" and generally sounding like he'd barely paid any attention to the episode, all while wearing a "I drink and I know things" shirt.  Maybe less of the former so he can concentrate on the latter?