Coyote Walks

Rokugan's Shield - Crab Preview

4 minutes ago, Dovla said:

hida kisada is

the wall himself. very flavorful

He just cancels one ability from an opponent, feels good.

Overall reaction though is we are killing tons of our own guys, but we saw many expensive personalities and not very many cheap ones. Seems like it is going to be tough to guarantee these effects.

Awesome! I actually really like that Kisada is 0 glory, I think that fits his character well.  I like the sacrifice system within the context of fate.  Once a character is about to leave play from running out of fate, might as well sacrifice him! 

Ah - I just want the game in my hands already!!

1 minute ago, wolfien8 said:

Overall reaction though is we are killing tons of our own guys, but we saw many expensive personalities and not very many cheap ones. Seems like it is going to be tough to guarantee these effects.

yup, as long as the wall and crab are standing, their champion is there with them. i like it.

Is it just me, or were there not that many cards spoiled?

That Yojimbo looks pretty good, as does the Ambusher.  Seems like Crab are going to want to play some conflict characters just to up the body count; you never put fate on those guys anyway, so they make great sacrifices!

EDIT:  13 new cards spoiled for Dragon in their article, only 9 new ones in this article.  Doesn't count stronghold + province.

Edited by Casanunda
Update

8 minutes ago, wolfien8 said:

I think it'll all come down to timing, and trying to get the most utility out of each character.  Sure, paying a lot of Fate for someone just so you can sacrifice him isn't going to work too well.  However, if you buy a big guy, use him for a turn or two, and then sacrifice him after he's already bowed and Fateless, you're really just allowing him to serve one more time before leaving forever.

2 minutes ago, blackheartz said:

Hida Tomonatsu is the first dead unique character that gets her own card. Her sacrifice will never be forgotten!!!

I guess that answers the question of whether characters will still be legal and playable after they die in the fiction!

2 minutes ago, Casanunda said:

That Yojimbo looks pretty good, as does the Ambusher.  Seems like Crab are going to want to play some conflict characters just to up the body count; you never put fate on those guys anyway, so they make great sacrifices!

Did you click all the links?  I think there were a number of cards that had links but weren't actually displayed in the article.

5 minutes ago, Casanunda said:

EDIT:  13 new cards spoiled for Dragon in their article, only 9 new ones in this article.  Doesn't count stronghold + province.

I also felt like there weren't a lot of previews in it. I know one is being spoiled separately in a podcast today and I know another one is being previewed tomorrow, IIRC.

5 minutes ago, Casanunda said:

Also no full spoiler of Hida Guardian, throwing us back into the same speculation situation that we had with Ikoma Prodigy.

We still don't know exactly what Political Rival does, and we only know what Cautious Scout does through unofficial channels.

I get FFG wanting to trickle out information, but when it comes time for them to spoil a clan I really wish they would spoil the clan.

7 minutes ago, Casanunda said:

Yep.

Ignoring the Kaiu unique, we're still missing 3 Dynasty Characters, the text on the Hida Guardian, 1 Conflict card and everything other than the name of Rebuild.

3 minutes ago, Khudzlin said:

We're still missing 4 dynasty characters (27, 30, 32 and 36) and 2 conflict cards (attachments or events, probably 1 of each).

One of the characters is Kaiu Shuichi, which will be on a podcast soon, and is probably number 36.  One of the conflict cards is the Jade Tetsubo.

1 minute ago, Casanunda said:

Where was Hida Guardian shown?

Top right
l5c01_p7_cardfan.png

Amusingly, Ikoma Prodigy was in the same position in the card fan in the Lion article. 

Edited by Yogo Gohei

5 minutes ago, blackheartz said:

Hida Tomonatsu is the first dead unique character that gets her own card. Her sacrifice will never be forgotten!!!

Because we will reinact it every time we play her. Let's just hope we get to reinact kisada's second death with a future card. (When this card leaves play remote it from the game, your opponent must remove 24 of there characters from the game)

3 minutes ago, Casanunda said:

I think they wanted to show the cards that most show the theme of the crab. The are most likely 2-3 guys that are more or less warm bodies to be thrown on the funiral pyre.

im kind of disappointed that way of the crab isn't a whenever effect but I can see how that would be op. Still it is very crab like to not waste lives. It will be satisfying to see my opponent groan every time a character runs out of fate.

15 minutes ago, Casanunda said:

Bad Publicity is spoiling another Crab card tomorrow on our stream. I think you'll enjoy it.

I have mixed feelings on this review.  Not a big fan of the sacrifice mechanic in general, but looks like I will probably be playing it for a while.  It doesn't look like we have particularly cheap units, but I assume i just won't be putting much fate on characters, which sort of goes against my style.

Wish the way of the crab was targeted removal, but at that cost I understand why it isn't.  

I like Kisada.  He looks like someone you want to stick around for a while!  I also like the art they went with on most cards, though for some reason it bothers me that they used one of my favorite art pieces on an already dead unique :/  I do hope that ability warrants putting her in my decks in the future because her stat line is uninspiring.  

Overall, I am looking forward to playing this deck, even though I was hoping they would take this clan ina somewhat different direction.