Sign in to follow this  
Chakan99939

Quick escape question

I know this card is not out yet, but:

"Remove up to 2 dice showing damage ( or ). You must pass all of your future turns this round."

Does it mean you cannot claim? Basically, you surrender your turn, opponent can finish his or her actions, then he or she claims?

Have a nice day,

Chakan

3 hours ago, Vitalis said:

Exacly. Thats why its kinda sheet :P

I don't think you have playtested this at all.

1.  Even with our current battlefields where there is no synergy, this card saves lives.

2.  As soon as we get a battlefield that is something similar to "Play an event from your hand, decreasing it's cost by 1" this card is going to be broken good.

31 minutes ago, Theia said:

Or just use Infamous and claim straight afterwards. Your forfeit future turns, not actions, after all.

This. (or Swiftness even)

Or Force Speed for 2 extra actions. First action, play Quick Escape. Second action, claim battlefield.

This card by itself isn't as powerful, but is really good once it's combined with the goodies.

~D

1 hour ago, HoodieDM said:

This. (or Swiftness even)

Or Force Speed for 2 extra actions. First action, play Quick Escape. Second action, claim battlefield.

This card by itself isn't as powerful, but is really good once it's combined with the goodies.

~D

1 hour ago, Theia said:

Or just use Infamous and claim straight afterwards. Your forfeit future turns, not actions, after all.

Or neither of those, since your only action granted by ambush is now 'pass'.

4 hours ago, Traxlenak said:

I don't think you have playtested this at all.

1.  Even with our current battlefields where there is no synergy, this card saves lives.

2.  As soon as we get a battlefield that is something similar to "Play an event from your hand, decreasing it's cost by 1" this card is going to be broken good.

Do i really have to playtest a card to know its bad? At least its bad in current meta where most to all damage is dealt either crazy fast, or by specials (moe, emosiths) or by dice that does not care whats on it (palpi). For now its bad. After meta shift? Maybe.

It's better than the Secluded Beach battlefield, which nobody takes for the same exact reasons. I agree with Vitalis that it's pretty worthless. It might be useful in an unbelievably fast deck, but there's still no good yellow melee pairing for Rey, so it can't even be used there. Poe/Maz might put one copy of this in there just in case they can use it, but it's unlikely to help them as much as Electroshock or other more reliable dice control. I'm hoping Zeb (Garrazeb Orellios) shows up as an 18-elite-cost melee yellow character before too long. Zeb/Rey might use this card. 

In my local meta I do not ever see Secluded Beach, but I do know that every area designs its own meta, so there probably are some places where this battlefield is efficacious. However, I would argue that in those examples it's that those players just want a battlefield that their opponent can't use against them. They're picking it because they don't have any ranged damage. When people want to actually get to use the battlefield (like in Snap decks for example) they pick more reliable control like Carbon-Freezing Chamber. 

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but my gut just tells me Daring Escape is not good, because you can only remove damage (not any dice), and your opponent gets the battlefield, more actions, and gets to go first next round. But yeah, I'm not going to say to not use it, or make any harsh judgements, because none of us are going to know what it's like until EaW hits, and something crazy happens to the meta (like, Finn takes over the meta or something)!

You are not wrong in that assessment.  Frozen wastelands (character die removal) is very much more useful, but again your opponent will be able to use it.  I feel that the best use of a battlefield is to get the most use out of it while also preventing your opponent from even wanting to claim.

1 hour ago, Vitalis said:

Do i really have to playtest a card to know its bad? At least its bad in current meta where most to all damage is dealt either crazy fast, or by specials (moe, emosiths) or by dice that does not care whats on it (palpi). For now its bad. After meta shift? Maybe.

By the way, to answer your question, absolutely.

1 hour ago, RJM said:

Or neither of those, since your only action granted by ambush is now 'pass'.

Wrong.

Turns & Actions are two different things. It also says "future turns"...if you play this card, you're still in your current turn. So if you have 15 actions (being dramatic) in this current turn, you get to complete all 15 actions this turn before it goes to your opponent's turn, even if one of those actions is playing this card.

Once it goes to your opponent and comes back to you, then yes, all your further turns are now pass.

~D

17 hours ago, HoodieDM said:

Wrong.

Turns & Actions are two different things. It also says "future turns"...if you play this card, you're still in your current turn. So if you have 15 actions (being dramatic) in this current turn, you get to complete all 15 actions this turn before it goes to your opponent's turn, even if one of those actions is playing this card.

Once it goes to your opponent and comes back to you, then yes, all your further turns are now pass.

~D

I actually thought the card said 'actions' not 'turns'.  But you're correct, and the difference is meaningful.

On 7/13/2017 at 8:53 AM, Willy Jarque said:

Emperor's Throne room + Millenium Falcon + Quick Escape in the discard pile.
2 dice removal every turn.

Do you really think it is bad? Try some more combinations before judging

If you wanna spend Falcon die on its worst side + Throne Room on it instead of something better....hey i wont judge ;) 

But i still think its bad. Or maybe wrong words: there are better means to archieve same effect without ending your turn and wasting arguably the best dice in a game. (Dont bring Hyperloop here - it worked on different principle)