Jump to content
Blackbird888

Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, GroggyGolem said:

how much xp has your group acquired? I have a feeling these vader stats might pale in comparison to a 1k+ xp group.

Might also depend on how the PCs are built.

I've got a Warrior/Shii-Cho Knight/Niman Disciple build that's sitting at roughly 500 earned XP, and he could probably give Vader a (likely brief) run for his money between Sense, three ranks of Defensive Training, as well as plenty of ranks of Parry and Improved Parry, as well as a modded lightsaber with Damage 9, Crit 1, Vicious 1, and a fully modded custom grip (-1 setback, +1 boost) plus superior hilt customization.  Granted, that's in a straight-up lightsaber fight, and would probably wind up being a game of rocket-tag as to who inflicts the nastier critical injuries first rather than who pushes the other guy past their wound threshold first.

Conversely, a PC that's built on 1000XP without much of a unifying theme (much less a combat-centric one) would probably be ground into the dirt by Vader in the first round.

I'm sure the Jedi Council builds that KRKappel made for his high-XP module would pound Vader into the dirt, in particular Yoda (2000 earned XP if I recall) and Mace Windu (only a hundred or so less earned XP), with both of them being fairly focused builds, Windu in particular I would imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 9:26 AM, salamar_dree said:

There is a sidebar at the beginning of the book that says the canon characters' stat blocks aren't comprehensive, and also that the GM should adjust them as desired to fit their campaign needs.

If Vader as printed wouldn't be scary in your campaign, make him tougher.

;)

I think I'm still going to go with the "Vader arrives and the GM will now narrate how you are either captured or die horribly." At least until my table's force-sensitive PC has enough XP to take down all the Inquisitors I can throw at her...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vestij Jai Galaar said:

I think I'm still going to go with the "Vader arrives and the GM will now narrate how you are either captured or die horribly." At least until my table's force-sensitive PC has enough XP to take down all the Inquisitors I can throw at her...

I'm thinking of having him as a timer on the PC next mission, as in hey stop ******* around the empires up your *** and killing everyone on their way to you.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 3:09 PM, Swordbreaker said:

Drabatans have a 3 in Presence and 1 in Cunning, get 1 rank in Charm or Leadership, and can spend 2 advantage when making Leadership/Coercion checks to affect an additional target or extend effective range of their Coercion/Leadership. Gigorans are unchanged from the preview. I think. Iakaru have a 3 in Agility and a 1 in Willpower, get 1 rank in Piloting (Space), do not suffer movement penalties when in jungles/similar environments, and add boost to Athletics/Coordination checks to swing/climb/balance. Tognath have a 3 in Willpower and 1 in Presence, start with a cybernetic eye implant that grants them 1 rank in Coordination and Perception (this counts against their cybernetic cap), add 2 setback to any Coercion checks that target them, and have an atmospheric requirement similar to Kel Dor (except the rating is 5 instead of 8).

How many XP do they get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly slightly underwhelmed by some of the stats for iconic characters. Vader only has Parry 5 and Reflect 5? Really? And only 24 wound? I have PCs in my party (around 400-500XP) who have higher Parry, Reflect, and Wound. Granted, Vader has a couple killer abilities to him, but if it came to an actual duel, I have three PCs in my two campaigns who would stand a serious chance and could likely come out on top in a 1v1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Underachiever599 said:

Honestly slightly underwhelmed by some of the stats for iconic characters. Vader only has Parry 5 and Reflect 5? Really? And only 24 wound? I have PCs in my party (around 400-500XP) who have higher Parry, Reflect, and Wound. Granted, Vader has a couple killer abilities to him, but if it came to an actual duel, I have three PCs in my two campaigns who would stand a serious chance and could likely come out on top in a 1v1.

Please read the note on page 5 of using iconic NPCs. None of these are complete builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

Please read the note on page 5 of using iconic NPCs. None of these are complete builds.

Oh, I'm fully aware. I just feel it's underwhelming that they stat out Vader as barely better than a straight-out-of-the-CRB Inquisitor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anybody provide some of the stats of the Phantom I & II? Specifically, silhouette, cost, passengers, and cargo capacity?

(The players in my game are looking for a ship that fits a specific profile, and I think one of the Phantoms might fit.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Underachiever599 said:

Oh, I'm fully aware. I just feel it's underwhelming that they stat out Vader as barely better than a straight-out-of-the-CRB Inquisitor.

Because it is far easier to build him up to what you need than to go the other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coyote6 said:

Can anybody provide some of the stats of the Phantom I & II? Specifically, silhouette, cost, passengers, and cargo capacity?

(The players in my game are looking for a ship that fits a specific profile, and I think one of the Phantoms might fit.)

That was answered previously...

I: sil3 crew2 pax 6 enc 5

Ii: sil4 crew 2 pax 8 enc 10

IIRC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coyote6 said:

Can anybody provide some of the stats of the Phantom I & II? Specifically, silhouette, cost, passengers, and cargo capacity?

(The players in my game are looking for a ship that fits a specific profile, and I think one of the Phantoms might fit.)

Your player is much more likely to be interested in the kst-100 on page 124 of dawn of rebellion, sil 3, speed 4, +1 handling, 1/1 defense, 2 armor, 25 WT, 20 SS, x3/x16 hyperdrive with navicomputer, 2 crew (with a berth under the cockpit), 4 passengers (each get their own room), 2 months consumables, 70 enc,  4 hp, short range sensors, and 1 linked 1 weapon system that I won't stat for you at 120K credits so it's a legal eote starting ship

Edited by EliasWindrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Your player is much more likely to be interested in the kst-100 on page 124 of dawn of rebellion, sil 3, speed 4, +1 handling, 1/1 defense, 2 armor, 25 WT, 20 SS, x3/x16 hyperdrive with navicomputer, 2 crew (with a berth under the cockpit), 4 passengers (each get their own room), 2 months consumables, 70 enc,  4 hp, short range sensors, and 1 linked 1 weapon system that I won't stat for you at 120K credits so it's a legal eote starting ship

That has totally taken over my modular fighter recrafting plan.

However there really is no info out there on it... can't wait to read ffg's write-up

So it has 2 decks then or is it just the crews bearth is below the cockpit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 10:09 AM, Nytwyng said:

According to the manager of my store, it’s a minimum $400 order. (I presume that’s $400 at wholesale, not retail.)

Stores can just go through a distributor, than it's $400 (wholesale) worth of everything (not just FFG) to get free freight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vestij Jai Galaar said:

I think I'm still going to go with the "Vader arrives and the GM will now narrate how you are either captured or die horribly." At least until my table's force-sensitive PC has enough XP to take down all the Inquisitors I can throw at her...

Remember "Adversary" only applies to combat checks, not social checks. You beat Vader not warrior to warrior (going against his strengths); you beat Vader with lies just as Palpatine did and Leia almost did.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, Swordbreaker said:

Got my book.

Drabatans have a 3 in Presence and 1 in Cunning, get 1 rank in Charm or Leadership, and can spend 2 advantage when making Leadership/Coercion checks to affect an additional target or extend effective range of their Coercion/Leadership. Gigorans are unchanged from the preview. I think. Iakaru have a 3 in Agility and a 1 in Willpower, get 1 rank in Piloting (Space), do not suffer movement penalties when in jungles/similar environments, and add boost to Athletics/Coordination checks to swing/climb/balance. Tognath have a 3 in Willpower and 1 in Presence, start with a cybernetic eye implant that grants them 1 rank in Coordination and Perception (this counts against their cybernetic cap), add 2 setback to any Coercion checks that target them, and have an atmospheric requirement similar to Kel Dor (except the rating is 5 instead of 8).

You could maybe deduce Lasat stats from Zeb's stats, but it would be a lot of guess work.

I don't think anybody mentioned the TIE Advanced v1 is in the book, aka the Inquisitor's TIE. Sabine's 'jacked TIE fighter is in here as well, as is the Darksaber.

I guess that's something.

Still kind of wigged out if there's no TIE/x1....

  • Fine that it wasn't in Edge of the Empire (if a smuggler is ever being shot at by a TIE/x1, they're doing something very wrong)
  • Surprised that it wasn't in Age of Rebellion (especially given that the TIE Defender was)
  • Really Surprised that it wasn't in Stay On Target (where we get the TIE Hunter)
  • Extra Surprised that it wasn't in Force & Destiny (although as the signature ship of the archetypical F&D Nemesis, the Inquisitor, the TIE/v1 might make more sense)
  • Not Really Surprised Anymore that we've got a book with stats for Vader himself, and still don't have his TIE Advanced - the oldest TIE Fighter variant in the franchise.

By comparison, what does Sabine's TIE fighter do? Is it not basically just a TIE fighter that's become a Rigger's Signature Vehicle?

 

12 minutes ago, pnewman15 said:

Remember "Adversary" only applies to combat checks, not social checks. You beat Vader not warrior to warrior (going against his strengths); you beat Vader with lies just as Palpatine did and Leia almost did.

 

Or by running away very fast. That can work too.

 

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I guess that's something.

Still kind of wigged out if there's no TIE/x1....

  • Fine that it wasn't in Edge of the Empire (if a smuggler is ever being shot at by a TIE/x1, they're doing something very wrong)
  • Surprised that it wasn't in Age of Rebellion (especially given that the TIE Defender was)
  • Really Surprised that it wasn't in Stay On Target (where we get the TIE Hunter)
  • Extra Surprised that it wasn't in Force & Destiny (although as the signature ship of the archetypical F&D Nemesis, the Inquisitor, the TIE/v1 might make more sense)
  • Not Really Surprised Anymore that we've got a book with stats for Vader himself, and still don't have his TIE Advanced - the oldest TIE Fighter variant in the franchise.

By comparison, what does Sabine's TIE fighter do? Is it not basically just a TIE fighter that's become a Rigger's Signature Vehicle?

 

Sabines TIE Figther?

 

speaking of which can anyone share her stats, im mainly wondering if they created rules for her vambraces and we dont have the books yet here in the UK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pnewman15 said:

Stores can just go through a distributor, than it's $400 (wholesale) worth of everything (not just FFG) to get free freight.

As noted, per my store’s manager, Asmodee changed distributors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toying with the possibility of turning the Spectres into PCs for con games. For those that crunch the numbers, and ignoring standard pc building rules, would these possibly work. You'd have to throw out Adversary, maybe give them something else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bsmith23 said:

Toying with the possibility of turning the Spectres into PCs for con games. For those that crunch the numbers, and ignoring standard pc building rules, would these possibly work. You'd have to throw out Adversary, maybe give them something else...

With the exception of Sabine, you can tell what specialization every Specter has by looking at their talents and wound/strain thresholds.  With the exception of Kanan, you can even buy down that particular tree normally to get those talents. 

Hera is a Pilot, probably an ACE;
Chopper is a Mechanic, probably a TECHNICIAN; 
Zeb is a SOLDIER: Commando; 
Sabine is the one that doesn't fit, but due to her love of things that go boom, I'd put her as a HIRED GUN: Demolitionist; 
Ezra is apparently a SEEKER: Pathfinder, although like Kanan, he probably has a secondary Lightsaber spec. 
Rex is a COMMANDER: Tactician.

What I might do, is give each of them two primary specs of their career, and a Universal (to show them off :P ).  Here's what I'd do:

Kanan - GUARDIAN (Peacekeeper, Soresu Defender / Padawan Survivor)
Hera - ACE (Pilot, Hotshot / Ship Captain)
Chopper - TECHNICIAN (Mechanic, Slicer / Recruit)
Zeb - SOLDIER (Commando, Vanguard / Recruit)
Sabine - HIRED GUN (Demolitionist, Mercenary Soldier / Imperial Academy Cadet)
Ezra - SEEKER (Pathfinder, Ataru Striker / Force-Sensitive Exile)
Rex - COMMANDER (Tactician, Instructor / Retired Clone Trooper)

(Chopper's the only one who doesn't have an obvious Universal spec :) )

Edited by Absol197

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...