Jump to content
Blackbird888

Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, ESP77 said:

Yeah coolstuffinc is the closest flgs to me but it’s an hour and a half away and $12 in tolls round trip.  Cheaper to pay shipping and wait impatiently for fed ex...?

I'm not from that area, but I considered doing an in store pickup when I was visiting Disney over Christmas last year. When I saw the tolls/directions, I decided I could wait to get some things at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ColonelCommissar said:

Well he sounds utterly terrifying. What does the ability do?

He makes a Knowlege check against 3 purple.  Each success on the check grants auto success on all skill checks for the session against that opponent.  If he knows who you are in mass combat, you are totally hosed.  He could've taken a platoon of stormtroopers and mauled Echo Base without any problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've pre-ordered this book, but won't get it any time soon, since it's combined with three other SW FFG pre-orders... so can someone tell me what the career skills of Ship Captain and Imperial Cadet are? lol

EDIT: and maybe a screenshot of the paragraph that suggests GMs give one of these specs for free? lol

Edited by Demon4x4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do find it interesting that in the Imperial Army description, there are not Army troopers.  Just Stormtroopers, Specialty Troopers, Armor pilots, etc.  Looks like the Mouse has swept away the last remnants of the Old Republic (erm...WEG).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Mine won’t be in until tomorrow, either.

I could go to another store nearby that probably got it in. But, since a friend of mine was good enough to ask this store to hold a copy for me, I can be (more or less) patient for 24 more hours.

Lucky stiffs, my flgs won't get it until Wednesday (at the earliest) the owner said asmodee has been delaying their shipments.  And i believe her because I called all 3 flgs-s in Albuquerque today and none of them got dawn of rebellion in time for release day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Absol197 said:

I got mine!  Stopped by my FLGS on my lunch to grab it :) .

Starting tonight when I get home, I can answer any nitty-gritty questions people might still have.

BTWs, I LOVE the art in this book!

Can you post a photo of each of the specialization trees, or at least the force adherent, padawan survivor, and retired clone trooper, also what are the silhouettes, passenger capacity, and presence or lack thereof of a hyperdrive of each of the "shuttles" in the book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Edgookin said:

I do find it interesting that in the Imperial Army description, there are not Army troopers.  Just Stormtroopers, Specialty Troopers, Armor pilots, etc.  Looks like the Mouse has swept away the last remnants of the Old Republic (erm...WEG).

I don't mind this.  I have always been a canon kinda guy and to me the Empire is all about the Stormtroopers!  I don't think an army is necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andreievitch said:

I don't mind this.  I have always been a canon kinda guy and to me the Empire is all about the Stormtroopers!  I don't think an army is necessary. 

Honestly the army never really added up for me when literally all the other media showed stormtroopers doing all the military grunt work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ESP77 said:

Yeah coolstuffinc is the closest flgs to me but it’s an hour and a half away and $12 in tolls round trip.  Cheaper to pay shipping and wait impatiently for fed ex...?

Remind me to never live in Florida, my dad has an amazing condo on the beach in Pensacola though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Can you post a photo of each of the specialization trees, or at least the force adherent, padawan survivor, and retired clone trooper, also what are the silhouettes, passenger capacity, and presence or lack thereof of a hyperdrive of each of the "shuttles" in the book.

Seriously? This is not a request you should be making. Sharing some of the info falls under the Open Gaming License but actual photographs of something that is banned from being released as a PDF to begin with is one **** of a leap too far. I’ve worked in copyright infringement for years and I despise this sort of thing with every fibre of my being. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Edgookin said:

No.

I believe they've said that for the Ghost, like the Millennium Falcon before it, the interior areas they've shown won't really fit in the exterior shell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Wow. So ashamed of this community right now. 

You do know there are multiple PDF’s with links posted on these boards that have full replications of all the specialisations, Signature Abilities and Force Powers. The sharing of the trees (not the full talent description mind you, just the abridged tree versions) has been going on since the first few months of EotE.

If you don’t want to share them then that’s fine, I have no problem with that and respect your choice. Someone will share though as has always happened, without any word from FFG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-02-21 at 11:21 PM, Absol197 said:

The Farsight power, from Savage Spirits.

I might be reading it wrong, but it seems that Farsight needs to be activated with an action every round (or every few rounds with duration upgrades) to let a blind man see. There is a control upgrade that allows the user to commit to get the ongoing effect, but that only seems to apply to the increased Perception effect? Or does it apply to the activated basic power as well? Would it make other activated control effects like 360 vision and seeing through objects ongoing as well?

Maybe I should be shooting this question of to the devs rather than a fellow fan? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Wilhelm Screamer said:

so does anyone know where the KST-100 is from?  I've been looking around and can't find a source for it

 

EDIT: just realized after checking the description again that it is this ship from the kanan comics

p_14_0+copy.jpg

Interesting, I hadn’t known that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, penpenpen said:

I might be reading it wrong, but it seems that Farsight needs to be activated with an action every round (or every few rounds with duration upgrades) to let a blind man see. There is a control upgrade that allows the user to commit to get the ongoing effect, but that only seems to apply to the increased Perception effect? Or does it apply to the activated basic power as well? Would it make other activated control effects like 360 vision and seeing through objects ongoing as well?

Maybe I should be shooting this question of to the devs rather than a fellow fan? :P

Kanan’s description states he doesn’t need to commit Force dice to have it in effect all the time. If you are more interested in whether the control upgrade applies to all elements of the Farsight power that’s something I’ll leave for someone with more understanding to reply to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...