Blackbird888

Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook

Hmm. Any new FFG SW is good FFG SW, but I'm a bit dismayed to see them adopting the "sourcebook" approach that WEG and WOTC followed so much (a model that dates back to the three Galaxy Guides based on specific Star Wars films from West End). I mean, I'm not sure how helpful it'll be to have stats for the crew of the Ghost, or the Rebels who stole the Death Star plans.

The entire article is basically a fluff piece, and offers very little as to what's in the book. New species? Universal specs? Planet profiles, like in a region book? Nothing is said or hinted.

Since they tossed the EU, there's a lot of unknowns in this era now, so it's kind of a clean slate. Now maybe this means they're going to do a post-RotJ book in the future.

I will be honest and say the setting is not terribly interesting to me. Too bleak.

28 minutes ago, Blackbird888 said:

The entire article is basically a fluff piece, and offers very little as to what's in the book. New species? Universal specs? Planet profiles, like in a region book? Nothing is said or hinted.

Since they tossed the EU, there's a lot of unknowns in this era now, so it's kind of a clean slate. Now maybe this means they're going to do a post-RotJ book in the future.

I will be honest and say the setting is not terribly interesting to me. Too bleak.

If I were to hazard a guess I would say they're probably going to be most akin to the more general ressource books we already have.

Like Strongholds, with pertinent planets, systems, the workings of an infant rebell cell for example, details on imperial protocol maybe?

They surely have a lot of info to fill and compound from Rebels and Rogue One. 

Setting is down to taste and that's fair. And I wish we would have had this book since we only just ended a campaign in that era last weekend.

It sets an exciting precedent however.

Edited by RicoD

Well, looks like the fanmade Rebels Sourcebook just got made obsolete. And I guess we now know what the future without career books holds. Although it's interesting that they're releasing this before the final season of Rebels drops.

Let the speculation for other eras begin!

Edited by Desslok

34 minutes ago, Desslok said:

Well, looks like the fanmade Rebels Sourcebook just got made obsolete. And I guess we now know what the future without career books holds. Although it's interesting that they're releasing this before the final season of Rebels drops.

I believe at this point that the final season of Rebels is bordering on the Rebellion Era at this point, assuming that each season represents a year's time.  I recall hearing speculation that this last season would run up pretty close to the Battle of Scarif and the events of Rogue One, but wouldn't actually delve into those events as per Filoni.

Plus, FFG has 15+ years of time frame that's not really been addressed since the canon reset, so there's plenty for them to work with.